40 Reviews for Scarritt Bennett

Clean Up (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Accommodations (1)
40 Scarritt Bennett Reviews

Very beautiful church. The staff are very professional and helpful for any of your wedding/event needs. We married here in the Wightman Chapel 1/21/2018 and couldn't be happier with the elegant photos that were captured here. Great venue

Profile Picture ELitha, 1/21/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We absolutely loved everything abou this venue. It was elegant and alcohol free! They are very professional and will try their best to accomodate your needs. Please allow 24-48 for a return call/email.

I wish I could relive this day forever. It was perfect. :)

Profile Picture Kenna , 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful! This is the only place my daughter wanted to get married in and it did not disappoint! The chapel is gorgeous and Amber was fantastic in assisting me with vendors and ideas. The wedding guests are still talking about how perfect it was. You will not be disappointed by choosing this venue! Love!!

Profile Picture User6235067, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Indoor

Venue was absolutely beautiful. Staffs were friendly and very helpful!

Profile Picture User6407146, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When looking around online for reception sites for my December wedding, I came across Houston Station and immediately called to book an appointment. When Elizabeth answered the phone and answered all my questions with such genuine kindness, I had a feeling this would be the perfect place. The entire staff was more than willing to show us their venue at anytime of the day. Elizabeth is also so flexible and willing to work with you throughout the entire process! I am thankful for choosing Houston Station for our wedding reception. If you are looking for a unique venue in the Nashville area, this is the venue for you! Thanks for making our wedding reception so special.

Profile Picture User6434384, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect! The prettiest place for a wedding ceremony in Nashville hands down.

Profile Picture Jami, 4/26/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue. They have some restrictions, but they didn't bother us.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/17/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my ceremony in the Wightman Chapel on the Scarritt Bennett campus. I knew that I wanted to get married here for quite some time before I was even engaged. The chapel is stunning! There is also a smaller chapel, Skinner, for a small intimate wedding. Sally was great to work with and very easy to reach during the planning process. She was also a joy to be around on the day of. There are some strict rules for the timeline as far as when to be in and out but this is because so many brides want to be married here. I would highly recommend Scarritt Bennett and warn that if you are at all interested, you need to put in a phone call ASAP because dates will fill up.

Profile Picture User2047274, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nicole was so wonderful to work with, and our wedding at Wightman Chapel was so beautiful! I would recommend to anyone that is planning a wedding to consider Wightman for your ceremony!

Profile Picture Becky, 2/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Scarritt is the most beautiful venue I saw whilst planning my wedding. Amber, the contact, was quick to respond and very easy to coordinate with. It turned out perfectly! The chapel is breathtaking. We only added a few candles to the decor. We had our reception at the Bell Tower down the street and the transition went well with the central location of Scarritt.

Profile Picture User6435429, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Staff was wonderful to work with and very helpful. Thank you for your time and your helpfulness. I am a wedding Coordinator/Director and I enjoyed working with you and your staff.
Cindy Ledford

Profile Picture Cindy , 12/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Able to accomodate a last minute request and it was a perfect chapel!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/5/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While the place is a little pricey and the schedule not that flexible, the venue is absolutely beautiful and we loved our experience there for our wedding. The staff were very helpful and the main hall and ancillary rooms worked perfectly for our wedding.

Profile Picture Stephen, 6/9/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful, and Nicole was wonderful--so helpful! The venue was exactly what we wanted, and very convenient.

Profile Picture Hannah , 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked our wedding and reception here for a Sunday afternoon in the fall. Initially we had some slow communication, but the entire team at SB was great. The place was so beautiful and we loved working with Amber. She made our day seamless and answered all of our questions along the way. They were fantastic in working with us to get into our space to get it decorated and prepared for the reception. Amber took great care of us from touring the space, to a tasting, to our rehearsal to our special day and especially when we needed emergency medical personnel after an incident at the end of the reception. We are so glad that we were able to celebrate in this beautiful space.

Profile Picture User6753216, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Scarritt Bennett made my husband's and my wedding day perfect. I always wanted a fairytale wedding and that's what I got with Scarritt Bennett. It's absolutely stunning in the chapel and the reception hall is gorgeous. Plus, the food is fantastic!! Our guests raved about the food. I would highly HIGHLY recommend Scarritt Bennett. If you want a one stop shop with a gorgeous chapel, delicious reception food, beautiful reception hall, and awesome people to work with CHOOSE SCARRITT BENNETT!!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sally at Scarritt Bennett was great! She was very helpful and quick to respond as I was looking into places for my ceremony. Even after signing the contract she was in touch to let me know deadlines and worked with me on the day and time for my bridal shoot. The chapel is gorgeous and with it being Christmas time there were two trees up front so we didn't even need any other decor. The organ sounded great and Sally gave me information for a great organist. Everything went smoothly and pictures turned our great! That grounds are beautiful and lend to many unique shots. I would highly recommend using Wightman Chapel!

Profile Picture Heather, 12/18/11, 2 Reviews
4.7

It was sometimes hard to reach staff via phone, but they were quite responsive via email. The venue itself is just gorgeous, and we had the changing colors of the trees to compliment the gorgeous brick work. We only got positive feedback from our 150 guests, all complimenting the beauty of Wightman Chapel. The venue has a near history as well, which Amber and the staff put together in really informative brochures for our welcome bags. Thanks so much, Scarritt-Bennett!

Profile Picture User3985352, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
4.7

In high school I worked for a wedding photographer at which time I had the honor or working a wedding at Scarritt Bennett's Wightman Chapel. From that time on, I never wanted to be married anywhere else; 10 years later my husband and I were married there!

Sally and the wedding events team at Scarritt Bennett were a joy to work with. We had our ceremony at 7 pm and our reception directly after in the Susie Gray dining hall. Over half of our guests were driving from one hour or longer to celebrate our big day with us so I didn't want people to have to drive all over downtown Nashville. That is exactly what I got!

Scarritt Bennett is such a beauty on it's own that you don't have to spend a fortune decorating it. Yes, it is a bit pricier than many other ceremony sites.. but you can literally spend pennies on flowers/decoration. We did minimal flowers (simple greenery) and candles at the altar and that was it!

I do NOT regret splurging on my ceremony hall one bit. It was this princess' dream ceremony site!

If you are thinking about having your reception at the Susie Gray hall be sure to try the chicken salad bouchee and the hummus... Yum! Chef Jennifer did a wonderful job helping meet my dietary needs (I have food allergies)

Thank you Scarritt Bennett!

Profile Picture Belynda, 1/7/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I made it a point to review all of my vendors because I relied so heavily on other people's reviews.

Scarritt Bennet is gorgeous. I still fantasize about the 90' aisle, stonework, and gothic arches of the Wightman Chapel. Guests went on and on about the beauty of the ceremony. Amber is very professional and to the point. Because of the demand of SB, she does take a few days to respond to emails and I only spoke to her once on the phone a couple weeks before the wedding. They do book to capacity so getting them to move time slots is impossible. Amber was kind enough to allow us access to the dressing rooms an hour before our allotted time because there was no one else using the facilities. I am so thankful to them for this because it allowed me to take our getting ready photos in the bridal suite. Beware, they only allow you to toss bird seeds at your exit. I was very hesitant with bird seeds because I didn't want it in my hair. We did it anyway because this was the only toss allowed and I wanted a toss. It turned out just fine and I am so glad we did it. Thank you, Amber. It was really a dream ceremony.

Profile Picture User5217008, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Indoor

Scarritt Bennett was an AMAZING venue. It was absolutely breathtaking. As soon as my fiancé and I did a site visit, we knew it was "The One".

The only issues we had were:
1. Prior to booking the venue, we had issues getting in contact with the woman in charge of booking the venue. We e-mailed her, and she did not respond. After finally getting ahold of her on the telephone, contact was no issue.
2. Rehearsal times are very strict. You are only allotted 1 hour. For our Saturday wedding at 1 PM, we were given a rehearsal time on Friday from 2-3 PM, which was non-negotiable. I understand that it was the only time due to the rehearsal for the 6 PM Saturday wedding and the Friday night wedding, but it is a very odd time, and most of our wedding party were unable to attend.

Scarritt Bennett is so beautiful, there is no need for excessive decorating - too much would probably take away from it.

I would very much recommend this place for a ceremony!

Profile Picture User2738144, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Wightman Chapel is grand and beautiful. Perfect for a wedding.
The staff is excellent and met all of our request above and beyond what was asked of them. Their support and presence the day of rehearsal and the wedding was great.

Profile Picture Hilda, 9/29/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So pleased to have had my wedding here. No regrets at all. Sally was so easy to work with. Wightman Chapel is absolutely stunning; the prettiest place to get married in Nashville. With it as the backdrop, my pictures turned out so beautiful. Do make sure you have a good photographer, as the lighting indoors can be tricky. The Saturday I got married here, the temps reached the highest in TN history. But you wouldn't know it being indoors. In the dressing rooms and in the chapel, it was kept nice and cool for us. If you do want a lot of time to decorate for your wedding and not ever feel rushed or worried for time, this wouldn't be the spot for you. Weddings occur Friday night, 2 on Saturdays, and 1 on Sundays. You have a four hour window for decorating, getting ready, pictures, ceremony, and clean up. Everyone and everything had to be out within four hours. (The good news is, a lot of decorating doesn't have to be done because the place itself is beautiful.) You also have to accommodate to the rehearsal time given to you. For a Saturday wedding, if you have the afternoon wedding, I believe rehearsal time was 2-3 Friday, with the Saturday night wedding rehearsal being right after that. There's not any flexibility, but this was not a problem for us. There are several other rules you have to follow, but again, none of them were issues for us. At first you may think some of the rules are ridiculous, but once you're going through the process and realizing how many weddings they have there, you start to see why several of these rules have to be in place. Because it is such a popular place to get married, if you're interested in this place to be your wedding venue, be sure to call and check what availability there is asap; it fills up very fast. Very, very pleased with my Scarritt Bennett experience. Not one thing I would change about it, even if I could.

Profile Picture User3781107, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chapel is georgous and doesn't need many added flowers/decorations. Pipe organ sounds wonderful! Downsides, we were not allowed in the chapel until 2 hours prior to ceremony time so we had to set up flowers, pictures, organ, etc. in a very short time period and you must purchase their food/drinks which are very expensive. Overall, it made for a BEAUTIFUL ceremony!

Profile Picture Megan, 3/11/11, 5 Reviews