Scarritt Bennett Reviews

Scarritt Bennett 2
Scarritt Bennett 3
  • W

Whitney Shariati · Married on 09/30/2018

Classic and Timeless Space!

Scarritt is hands down one of the most gorgeous venues in Nashville! The space is so classic and timeless, and provides a backdrop that everyone will find amazing! We had so many compliments on our venue choice and loved the service that came along with it!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Thank you for your kind words about our wonderful historic venue! Hope your wedding was all that you dreamed it would be. Congratulations, once again!

Teresa · Married on 09/22/2018

Our daughter recently got married at the most beautiful place in Nashville, Wightman Chapel at Scarritt Bennett. This is our second daughter to get married there. The experience was absolutely wonderful! We hired Nicole as our wedding coordinator (rehearsal and wedding). She was outstanding. She took care of everything and made the wedding day stress free. Our daughter had her dream wedding. Many thanks to Scarritt Bennett and Nicole.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Thank you so much, Teresa, for your kind words! It was an absolute joy and pleasure to be a part of Allison and Tommy's wedding day. So happy to hear it was the wedding of her dreams! Wishing you and your family all the best.

Brandi · Married on 09/22/2018

We had our wedding ceremony at Scarritt Bennett Center in the Skinner Chapel. Our intimate wedding ceremony consisted of 20 family members. Nicole Thrift was very accommodating when I was choosing the date/time of my ceremony as well as planning the logistics. Although they do not provide rehearsal times for the Skinner Chapel they were very flexible and accommodating by allowing two separate follow up site visits. The wedding venue site has such a natural beauty and character it allowed for simple and complimentary floral and decor. The Skinner Chapel does not provide dressing and/or holding rooms however they do allow you to use their welcome center which is located right next door and was equally as beautiful as the chapel and rest of the campus. I had decided to not do a first look with the groom and the welcome center allowed for me and my bridal party to relax and hang out with out being seen before the ceremony. I would highly recommend the Skinner Chapel at the Scarritt Bennett Center if you are interested in having a small and intimate wedding ceremony.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful review and kind words, Brandi! We are so glad you chose Skinner Chapel as the location for your beautiful ceremony. Congratulations, once again!

ELitha · Married on 01/21/2018

Very beautiful church. The staff are very professional and helpful for any of your wedding/event needs. We married here in the Wightman Chapel 1/21/2018 and couldn't be happier with the elegant photos that were captured here. Great venue

Sent on 02/02/2018
    Scarritt Bennett 4
    Scarritt Bennett 5
    Scarritt Bennett 6

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Congratulations once again! We are so glad you enjoyed your special day. Thank you for letting Scarritt Bennett be a part of it!

Kenna · Married on 07/08/2017

We absolutely loved everything abou this venue. It was elegant and alcohol free! They are very professional and will try their best to accomodate your needs. Please allow 24-48 for a return call/email.

I wish I could relive this day forever. It was perfect. :)

Beautiful! This is the only place my daughter wanted to get married in and it did not disappoint! The chapel is gorgeous and Amber was fantastic in assisting me with vendors and ideas. The wedding guests are still talking about how perfect it was. You will not be disappointed by choosing this venue! Love!!

Venue was absolutely beautiful. Staffs were friendly and very helpful!

When looking around online for reception sites for my December wedding, I came across Houston Station and immediately called to book an appointment. When Elizabeth answered the phone and answered all my questions with such genuine kindness, I had a feeling this would be the perfect place. The entire staff was more than willing to show us their venue at anytime of the day. Elizabeth is also so flexible and willing to work with you throughout the entire process! I am thankful for choosing Houston Station for our wedding reception. If you are looking for a unique venue in the Nashville area, this is the venue for you! Thanks for making our wedding reception so special.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Scarritt Bennett loves Houston Station, too! Many of our brides chose to marry in the historic Wightman Chapel at Scarritt Bennett Center and, in lieu of an alcohol free reception in the grand Susie Gray Dining Hall, have an off-site reception at Houston Station. So glad your day was special for you! Congratulations!

Jami · Married on 04/26/2014

Everything was perfect! The prettiest place for a wedding ceremony in Nashville hands down.

Lauren · Married on 08/17/2013

Beautiful venue. They have some restrictions, but they didn't bother us.

• User2047274 · 2+ years ago

I had my ceremony in the Wightman Chapel on the Scarritt Bennett campus. I knew that I wanted to get married here for quite some time before I was even engaged. The chapel is stunning! There is also a smaller chapel, Skinner, for a small intimate wedding. Sally was great to work with and very easy to reach during the planning process. She was also a joy to be around on the day of. There are some strict rules for the timeline as far as when to be in and out but this is because so many brides want to be married here. I would highly recommend Scarritt Bennett and warn that if you are at all interested, you need to put in a phone call ASAP because dates will fill up.

Becky · Married on 02/17/2018

Nicole was so wonderful to work with, and our wedding at Wightman Chapel was so beautiful! I would recommend to anyone that is planning a wedding to consider Wightman for your ceremony!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Becky! It was a pleasure and honor to be a part of your special day! Wishing you and Mike a lifetime of happiness!

Scarritt is the most beautiful venue I saw whilst planning my wedding. Amber, the contact, was quick to respond and very easy to coordinate with. It turned out perfectly! The chapel is breathtaking. We only added a few candles to the decor. We had our reception at the Bell Tower down the street and the transition went well with the central location of Scarritt.

Cindy · Married on 12/28/2013

Staff was wonderful to work with and very helpful. Thank you for your time and your helpfulness. I am a wedding Coordinator/Director and I enjoyed working with you and your staff.
    Cindy Ledford

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 06/05/2011

Able to accomodate a last minute request and it was a perfect chapel!

Leigh Counts · Married on 12/08/2018

Pleasant and efficient

We worked with Nicole, and she could not have been more pleasant to work with. Nicole was amazingly helpful and efficient and was the consummate professional. She responded quickly to emails, even on her days off. At the rehearsal she was appropriately assertive and directive when necessary, but always kind. And the chapel was incredibly beautiful!!

Stephen · Married on 06/09/2018

While the place is a little pricey and the schedule not that flexible, the venue is absolutely beautiful and we loved our experience there for our wedding. The staff were very helpful and the main hall and ancillary rooms worked perfectly for our wedding.

Hannah · Married on 05/12/2018

The venue was beautiful, and Nicole was wonderful--so helpful! The venue was exactly what we wanted, and very convenient.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Congratulations once again, Hannah and Joe! Thank you for choosing Scarritt Bennett for your wedding ceremony. We are so happy to hear it was exactly what you wanted!

We booked our wedding and reception here for a Sunday afternoon in the fall. Initially we had some slow communication, but the entire team at SB was great. The place was so beautiful and we loved working with Amber. She made our day seamless and answered all of our questions along the way. They were fantastic in working with us to get into our space to get it decorated and prepared for the reception. Amber took great care of us from touring the space, to a tasting, to our rehearsal to our special day and especially when we needed emergency medical personnel after an incident at the end of the reception. We are so glad that we were able to celebrate in this beautiful space.

Anna · Married on 06/28/2014

Scarritt Bennett made my husband's and my wedding day perfect. I always wanted a fairytale wedding and that's what I got with Scarritt Bennett. It's absolutely stunning in the chapel and the reception hall is gorgeous. Plus, the food is fantastic!! Our guests raved about the food. I would highly HIGHLY recommend Scarritt Bennett. If you want a one stop shop with a gorgeous chapel, delicious reception food, beautiful reception hall, and awesome people to work with CHOOSE SCARRITT BENNETT!!

Heather · Married on 12/18/2011

Sally at Scarritt Bennett was great! She was very helpful and quick to respond as I was looking into places for my ceremony. Even after signing the contract she was in touch to let me know deadlines and worked with me on the day and time for my bridal shoot. The chapel is gorgeous and with it being Christmas time there were two trees up front so we didn't even need any other decor. The organ sounded great and Sally gave me information for a great organist. Everything went smoothly and pictures turned our great! That grounds are beautiful and lend to many unique shots. I would highly recommend using Wightman Chapel!

3.5

It was sometimes hard to reach staff via phone, but they were quite responsive via email. The venue itself is just gorgeous, and we had the changing colors of the trees to compliment the gorgeous brick work. We only got positive feedback from our 150 guests, all complimenting the beauty of Wightman Chapel. The venue has a near history as well, which Amber and the staff put together in really informative brochures for our welcome bags. Thanks so much, Scarritt-Bennett!

Belynda · Married on 01/07/2012

In high school I worked for a wedding photographer at which time I had the honor or working a wedding at Scarritt Bennett's Wightman Chapel. From that time on, I never wanted to be married anywhere else; 10 years later my husband and I were married there!

Sally and the wedding events team at Scarritt Bennett were a joy to work with. We had our ceremony at 7 pm and our reception directly after in the Susie Gray dining hall. Over half of our guests were driving from one hour or longer to celebrate our big day with us so I didn't want people to have to drive all over downtown Nashville. That is exactly what I got!

Scarritt Bennett is such a beauty on it's own that you don't have to spend a fortune decorating it. Yes, it is a bit pricier than many other ceremony sites.. but you can literally spend pennies on flowers/decoration. We did minimal flowers (simple greenery) and candles at the altar and that was it!

I do NOT regret splurging on my ceremony hall one bit. It was this princess' dream ceremony site!

If you are thinking about having your reception at the Susie Gray hall be sure to try the chicken salad bouchee and the hummus... Yum! Chef Jennifer did a wonderful job helping meet my dietary needs (I have food allergies)

Thank you Scarritt Bennett!

• Rebecca

Rebecca Skalsky · Married on 10/13/2018

3.0

Beautiful venue

My daughter was married at the Wightman Chapel. It was just gorgeous. Scarritt Bennett's coordinator, Nicole was very prompt and professional in her communications. She was on hand for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding making sure we had everything that we needed.
    The chapel itself is so beautiful that it accentuated the beauty of the music and the ceremony. It was the perfect choice for my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Scarritt Bennett's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have hosted your daughter's ceremony. Everything about Sharayah and Ronnie's day perfectly matched them as a couple.