$2,300
Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Save the Date Events

Award Winning Wedding Planning and Event Design for Colorado Weddings

Imagine spending your day relaxed and carefree at your wedding which perfectly reflects your personalities and style. Every detail has been expertly planned and flawlessly coordinated so you can be present in the moment and relish every second of it. Imagine your guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Imagine looking back on the day and not wanting to change a single moment.

Our extensive award-winning services include expert planning, distinctive event design and flawless wedding day coordination for Denver weddings and Colorado destination weddings in the mountain areas. Every client is guaranteed the utmost in personal care and a planning experience unlike any other.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Cultural (2)
Destination (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)

0.5

We hired Susan as a month-of planner and we would never work with her again, even if her services were free.

Examples why:
- Our leftover wedding cake was dropped while under her care
- Susan was the biggest source of stress for us during the wedding and month-of planning
- We felt she got defensive when we raised issues we were having with her
- We felt had to tell her to do several things twice, such as updating items on our day-of timeline
- We had several wedding guests make complaints about her
- We felt she asked a lot of questions and identified problems but never helped us solve them
- We felt that she was constantly in the way during the wedding and that we had to work around her, not with her

Important Note: according to her website, Susan took over Save the Date Events in Oct 2015. This is important context when looking at reviews.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ted, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am posting this review in response to the previous review by Ted L. I assisted Susan on this wedding, but to be clear, I am an independent contractor and not an employee of Save the Date Events. I was so taken aback by Ted's nasty comments, that felt it necessary to share my third party opinion of the evening. While driving up to the event, Susan mentioned the way she'd been treated by the couple. She expressed that their communications had been exceptionally terse and critical, but we gave them the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to pre-wedding nerves. The day of the event I noticed they would get quickly and blatantly frustrated at Susan for things outside her control (the warm temperature in the venue for example, in spite of AC on full blast). As for the fact that she asked questions and "identified problems", it was because Ted and his wife had been so unkind and made her so nervous that she and I both felt it to be a "better safe than sorry" situation and prudent to check in with them as to their preferences. Their wedding was a blast, and a number of their guests even approached us asking if she still had availability for the coming year. It was a logistically challenging event due to the fact that the only way to and from the venue is via gondola (which never stops moving). Susan busted her butt hauling all the decor, etc up and down the gondola - and then the couple even insisted that she transport the CAKE down the gondola at the end of the night! It breaks my heart that there are people out there who are so ready to tear down another human being who put their heart and soul into helping them. We both jumped at their every command the full eleven hours we worked the day of the event. It was nearly 1:00 am when we delivered the rest of their decor, etc the their hotel room. I have worked many weddings and also hired a planner for my own wedding a year ago. Based on those experiences, I can say that Susan did a fantastic job with this event.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/11/18, 1 Review
2.8

I hired Save the Date Events over a year before my wedding. Save the Date Events ended up outsourcing my day of coordination to a coordinator from another company who I met one week prior to my wedding and who was unable to attend my rehearsal the day before. I paid for a partial planning package and found response time to be slow and aside from providing excellent vendor recommendations the communication/assist with long distance planning was minimal. Thankfully my wedding turned out fine, but for the amount of money I paid and the service I received I wish I had not even hired a planner as i did not feel that it made planning any easier and my venue event manager could have easily run the event.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lilly, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Save the Date Events Pricing

220x220 sq 1224098751869 dsc05470
220x220 sq 1224099640884 dsc04898
220x220 sq 1224099975681 0410

19 ENDORSEMENTS
Love working with Save the Date, great overall planning while attention to the littlest details is never overlooked!

Whenever I discover that a wedding for which I am about to perform will be coordinated by Save the Date Events, I am always eager to see what magic they will work. Regardless of who works on the event, I have found that the attention to detail is superior and that everything flows seamlessly. Each wedding is always unique, but always memorable (for the best possible reasons). I am always amazed at how venues I have been to many times often seem completely different and raised to a whole new level once Save the Date is involved. I highly recommend Debbie and her team!

We always look forward to working with Save the Date Events!

A wonderful and creative company with a fantasitic owner who loves what she does. You cant go wrong if you choose Save the Date Events for your wedidng planning!

Debbie embody the perfect hostess: charming, welcoming and quietly organized. She recently helped organize the first Colorado Wish Upon a Wedding and donated all her resources to giving a seriously ill bride her dream wedding. Her love of people and service toward others is exemplified in every detail, in every event!

119 PROS I KNOW