Sandeep Kumar

• Photos & Videos 25
  • Deals 1

About Sandeep Kumar

SK EVENTS

I've been DJ'ing for 20 years now, primarily in the Southern California area, but so a good amount of events out of town too. The type of events I usually work cover a wide variety of types including weddings, clubs, college parties, radio, and some music production work as well. I've also studied and worked as an recording engineer, so from a technical standpoint I understand how sound systems work and am able to quickly sort out technical issues (such as mic feedback/squeeking, power issues, etc) as well as ensure the system is running smooth and sounds good overall.

MC'ing
In addition to being a good DJ I also can serve as the MC for your event and make sure everything is orchestrated properly. This is a role that's often overlooked, but ultimately whoever is speaking on the mic serves as the voice of your event. If done improperly it can make it difficult for the crowd, but I've had over a decade of experience and am able to clearly communicate what's going on and what will be happening next so the guests can accommodate accordingly. Different MC's have a different speaking style, I'd describe mine as being very present, but not overbearing. I make sure I'm heard, but understand there's a tactful and courteous way to do so. In addition to being able to communicate with the crowd I make sure I communicate with the other vendors/performers/family to make sure the program is ready to go before announcing (for example, making sure with the caterer that the food is ready before announcing or making sure all performers/speech givers are aware and ready before announcing them). As with DJ'ing, I understand that every crowd is different, but given my experience I'm able to read a crowd and respond accordingly. Of course, many people like to have a family member or close friend MC their event, which is perfectly fine also, and I would still work closely in conjunction with that person. So I do take the extra steps to make sure not only is the music right, but the program runs smoothly as well.

Pre-planning
I have a pretty well laid out system of organizing the program & music items beforehand. I have a very simple questionnaire system that quickly & efficiently gets me most of the details I'd need from you to ensure the event goes as great as possible. This includes and organized list of the program item songs (Walk-in song, first dance song, etc) as well as some of your personal song preferences. As mentioned earlier, I have a good amount of experience and am able to gauge a crowd pretty accurately, but by listing some of your personal favorites I'm able to work them into the program and make your special day that much more personal.

Personalized Service
Another benefit of choosing me as your DJ is the personalized service. I run an independent company and don't employ any other DJ's so when you hire me I guarantee it will be me and only me who will do your event. There are no other people who are involved with the process on my side so you can be assured that whatever communication we have will be carried out on the day of your event. Part of this personalized service includes unlimited music consultation. I will be as involved as you'd like in the pre-planning of music and have a very organized system of helping you select the special songs for your event. I understand it can be a little overwhelming to try to pick songs for your event, and with my expertise I'll make that process as seamless as possible.

Lastly, I am fully insured and my policy covers up to a million dollars of coverage. This may sound a bit extreme, however some venues do require all vendors to carry a policy up to this amount so you can rest assured that is taken care of.

Reputation
I hope this gives you a better idea of the type of service I provide. I understand with DJ's it's difficult to choose one since there's not really a sample or portfolio I could give you, but I do offer some reputable references and downloadable mixes if you'd like. My pricing is competitive with the rest of the market. I'm close to most DJ's so I'm aware of the going rates and what's fair, so I know what's reasonable and aim for that. I've listed some of the highlights of my career below to give you a better idea of what I've done. I don't like to brag or put down any other vendors, but I can confidently say that you won't find another DJ with the experience and variety listed below. As you'll see below, when music really matters at some top events, I'm asked to be involved.

Ultimately, I really don't give my clients a reason to go with someone else, the only reason I really lose events is because the client decided to go with a lower priced, less experienced DJ. I truly feel it's not worth it to try to save on the DJ. The DJ is the cheapest way to make your event better. If you cut back on things like flowers or lighting a little it won't really be too noticed, but ultimately when the dance floor opens there's a good 2 or so hours (almost half of the event time) that are completely in the hands of the DJ. Combine that with being able to properly orchestrate the program before dancing and hopefully you understand the importance of finding the right DJ for your event.

Follow Sandeep Kumar on

Beautiful outdoor reception te
Beautiful outdoor reception te
Picking up the couple!
Picking up the couple!
Ready to rock in Sri Lanka!
Ready to rock in Sri Lanka!
Hands up!
Fun times
Fun times
Baraat was crackin!
Baraat was crackin!
Baraat with some color bombs!
Baraat with some color bombs!
Sandeep in the mix

8 Reviews for Sandeep Kumar

• Rachna

Rachna Sidhu · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing DJ

Sandeep is an amazing DJ. We had an Indian wedding, so he performed at 3 events. Very responsive, went along with everyone’s requests, and just an easy going guy.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Neilan

Neilan · Married on 03/16/2019

The best dj

Sandeep is amazing! His pricing is by far the most reasonable, especially for all that he does. We had a VERY long wedding--two ceremonies in one day, where our second, Hindu ceremony was running very behind schedule. Sandeep essentially had to push the timeline AND setup for the reception almost simultaneously. While it may have been crazy behind the scenes, we didn't know about anything. He handled everything. He also ran everything exactly how we wanted it. Finally, Sandeep is just a genuinely nice person and was such a pleasure to work with. We were absolutely thrilled with him.

We had a family friend DJ our engagement party and he ended up being incredibly shady and did an overall poor job and Sandeep was the exact opposite of that. We are very grateful.

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • F

Feroze O · Married on 01/04/2019

Professional and Reliable.. Stress free experience

Sandeep was awesome to work with. Everything about this experience was seamless and stress free. We basically told him what we needed and he delivered! Loved his work and professionalism. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sandeep Kumar FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1990.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3000.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 650.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Club
    Pop
    Rock
    Top 40
    South Asian
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Disco Ball

• Sandeep Kumar 1
    -3%
    3% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 2110 W Larkspur Dr Corona, CA, 92868 See on map
    Location of (Sandeep Kumar)