260 W Main St, West Brookfield, MA 01585 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 4

About Salem Cross Inn

Salem Cross Inn is a restored 18th century farmhouse located in West Brookfield, Massachusetts. The inn, which is now a restaurant and tavern, is nestled on 600 acres of beautiful countryside. They promise couples a unique and memorable experience by offering a horse-drawn wagon, carriage or sleigh rides. Salem Cross Inn offers both indoor and outdoor venues with picturesque views of rolling hills and pastures.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 220 guests at this historical venue. They offer an outdoor ceremony site with a gazebo surrounded by heirloom blooms, herbs, vegetables and apple trees. You might spot grazing cattle nearby. For your reception, they offer a barn and loft with antique posts, twinkling lights and a gorgeous chandelier. They also offer a Colonial home built in the 1700s. It features wide, pine floor boards and romantic fireplaces.

This New England venue won WeddingWire’s Couples Choice Award for 2015-2018. They offer event planning as well as all-inclusive packages to make sure your planning process is as stress-free as possible. Their services include:

• Bridal suite
  • In-house caterer
  • Cake
  • Event rentals

Cuisine
Couples can choose between hors d'oeuvres, a cocktail reception, family style or a plated meal. All of their food is homemade using the freshest local ingredients. Sample entrees include:

• Fire place roasted prime rib
  • Surf & turf
  • Maple jack chicken
  • Baked honey dijon salmon
  • Baked seafood stuffed shrimp

Other Services
In addition to hosting your wedding, Salem Cross Inn will also host the following:

• Engagement party

Salem Cross Inn 5
Salem Cross Inn 6
Salem Cross Inn 7

Cori Foley · Married on 10/05/2019

Extremely pleased with our wedding!!!

We are extremely pleased with our wedding. The day of the wedding was stress free for us. Our guests had a blast. The food was delicious with multiple helpings of the Roast. I think the wedding party polished off all the pesto meatballs ourselves. We would recommend Salem Cross in a second. Before writing this review we read some of the other reviews and can see many of the same points. We would recommend sitting down early with Nancy or Donna before you have anything else planned. They have a list of vendors and recommend some off the list. We used the violinist. We also used the Florist Barry from their list, who was absolutely amazing and worked to our budget. Many of the flowers came from their own grounds. We were nervous at first using the vendor list but were extremely pleased with them. This is an extremely nice place and we can see why so many people try to have their wedding there. We are understanding of the time frame constraints mentioned in some of the other reviews as we wouldn't want to or want anyone's wedding to interfere with ours. That being said, we felt the entire staff's attention was dedicated to our wedding while we were there. Any requests we had were addressed immediately. Any questions we had during the planning phase, that were answered in a way we were a little bit concerned about actually worked out perfect and Nancy's recommendation was spot on. We have nothing but good things to say about our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. We would definitely recommend them. Also be open minded about the Vendor list, it worked out great of us. Also the Wedding "cupcake" idea was perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazzinnggg

Where do we even BEGIN. Oh my goodness. My husband and I had an absolute DREAM wedding. It was even better than our imagination could take us. All of our guests where blown away by the beauty of the venue and how delicious the food was and the GORGEOUS gorgeous flowers (we hired Barry, the recommended florist). I seriously had in my mind that we would have a super simple, bare-bones wedding and had adjusted my expectations because we were paying for the wedding ourselves. I have extremely high health expenses so our budget was limited. When I walked down the aisle and walked into the venue for the first time my jaw hit the floor. We saw the venue during the tour and we saw pictures of prior weddings. Let me tell you - NONE of that does this place any justice. In terms of planning, everything went pretty smoothly. Every single one of our vendors was incredible. I mean - worship the ground they walk on - incredible. We need to talk about Barry for a second. Both my husband and I are obsessed with him - my husband probably even more so and he's a guy's guy, motorcycle-riding, a bit rough around the edges kind of guy. My husband was like "we NEED to have more flowers" to which I rolled my eyes and said okay (he can be a bit "extra"). Oh my goodness - that was the best decision EVER. Barry is a one of a kind. I've been to many weddings and our wedding flowers were HANDS DOWN NO CONTEST the BEST flowers I've seen in my whole entire life. And he is BEYOND reasonable. If I could just hire him for every single event for the rest of my life I would. The food was and is SO FREAKING GOOD. We had the Prime Rib and Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone - and I really mean almost everyone - was eating off of each others plates just because they wanted to try every dish Salem Cross made. The charm of this place right down to the antique dishes and silverware is astonishing. Nancy and Donna are super organized and definitely have it together. My questions were unorganized and we had family members trying to change some things and they didn't even bat an eye. We felt like we were in good hands the whole entire time. It's such a cliche but our wedding really was the best day of our lives, to have all of our family and friends together in such a beautiful place. You will not regret having your wedding at Salem Cross

Sent on 09/25/2019

Salem Cross Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 6
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Farm/Ranch, Garden, Historic Building, Restaurant
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? March, April, November

Real Weddings

View more weddings

• Champagne Toast
    Champagne Toast Wedding DJs

Salem Cross Inn is one of the nicest places for a wedding. The country atmosphere to the friendliness of the staff, you can't go wrong. We have performed weddings at Salem Cross for over 30 years, and our customers have always been extremely happy with both the food and service. We are proud to say that we feel like they are a special part of our family!

• Diaz Digital Discoveries
    Diaz Digital Discoveries Wedding Photographers

Salem Cross Inn is one of our favorite venues! With a great, helpful and friendly staff, always delicious food, beautiful locations for ceremony and reception and lots of great spots for photographs, it's the perfect combination! We love returning to this venue again and again. Highly recommended!

• Christy & Co. - Makeup Artistry & Bridal Hair Design
    Christy & Co. - Makeup Artistry & Bridal Hair Design Wedding Hair & Makeup

We have had the pleasure of working weddings at The Salem Cross Inn on numerous occasions. The venue coordinators are top notch, and our past brides always have amazing things to say about their weddings there. We highly recommend this venue!

• 260 W Main St West Brookfield, MA, 01585 See on map