Salem Cross Inn Reviews

Salem Cross Inn 5
Salem Cross Inn 6
Salem Cross Inn 7

Kasey · Getting married on 09/05/2020

There isn't a better word to describe this place than perfect. Nancy and Donna make this experience easy and stress free and are very accommodating. I planned my sister perfect day for over a year since she lived in California and I was out here. Every bump in the road, Nancy or Donna was there to reassure me everything was going to be perfect.
    On the morning of the wedding. The skies were completely clear, the sun was out, the cattle were out. Everything was completely perfect. While the bride was getting ready in the beautiful bridal room, I was downstairs being the bridezilla making sure everything was in place. Nancy was so awesome and let me do whatever I needed to. I didn't need to do much, Nancy had everything under control. The ceremony was perfect. Paula Roberts was awesome with the coordination of the ceremony. At the reception the outdoor bar and happy hour was outstanding. Completely outstanding. The reception exceeded my standards. Martha was in charge of our reception. I was told by guests it was the first wedding they had someone come over and ask how everything was and how impressed they were with that. The food was incredible. Definitely the best food I've ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding here if you are looking. Everything about this venue is perfect and beautiful. The staff and owners are so nice and helpful. Thank you Nancy, Donna and Martha and the entire Salem Cross Inn staff for a perfect day!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Kathleen · Married on 03/16/2019

Unique/ Charming Venue with Delicious Food!

We loved this venue for our wedding! It is a beautiful building with rustic charm and unique history (the grounds are beautiful too if you're looking for an outdoor setting). The charm of this place created a perfect atmosphere for the occasion and we have heard multiple times from our guests that it was "the best food they've ever had at a wedding"!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Salem Cross Inn 12
    Salem Cross Inn 13

Patrice Freeman · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful wedding at Salem Cross Inn, West Brookfield, MA

My son and daughter-in-law had an absolutely beautiful wedding at The Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield MA. The food was delicious...so many of our guests commented that the salmon and chicken tasted superb...and we were so happy that you were able to serve 180+ people so professionally. People loved how interesting the venue was...the antiques,the fireplaces, the ambiance, etc. And, moving the guests from room to room for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception worked so smoothly. My husband and I were the last to leave...we stayed to put some of the wedding items in our truck ...and the person who was there (I think the bartender) was so nice and did not rush us which I greatly appreciated. This was a March wedding and it was so cozy at the inn. Wonderful facilities and staff...I would recommend it highly.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Cary · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful venue with great food

Our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was perfect. The venue is stunning- beautiful grounds and the barn is perfectly decorated. All we needed to bring were ceremony and table decorations. The food is amazing we had the rustic chicken and honey Dijon salmon. Donna and Nancy were very helpful throughout the whole planning process. We had such a great experience

Sent on 01/26/2019

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

A beautiful wedding with great food

We just had our wedding here last month and it was amazing! The place is gorgeous, the food is amazing and the staff are super helpful - you really can't go wrong! Get the apple pie (with homemade whipped cream) and fire roasted rib - you will NOT regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Chris · Married on 10/14/2018

Incredible

From scenery to food to service Salem Cross inn is excellent

Sent on 10/26/2018

Brianna · Married on 10/05/2018

Fairytale Wedding

We had a fairytale wedding at Salem Cross Inn. Donna and Nancy are both so knowledgeable and experienced it made the planning process seamless. The gazebo overlooking the hills is breathtaking, the drinks are tasty, and the food was to die for.

We had a 9 piece band so we were worried about dancing space but they set up the room perfectly so there was plenty of space for dancing. The barn has such a cozy and romantic feel especially at night. So many people told us it was the best wedding they ever went to. You can't beat the charm of this place.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 14
    Salem Cross Inn 15

Carolyn · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross Inn was a great wedding venue choice! Donna and Nancy were easy to work with, friendly, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Margo · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross - beautiful inside and outside

Our experience at Salem Cross was absolutely wonderful! everything was so easy for us with the help of Nancy and Donna. from our outdoor ceremony to our indoor reception in the barn. everything was flawless!! we are so happy! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Last month we had our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn and it was a absolute fairy tale. Everything about the Salem Cross was amazing. Their outside gazebo is absolutely gorgeous and although it was pouring and we had to move our ceremony to the basement it was still absolutely breath taking. The barn was gorgeous and the perfect size for 150+ guests to enjoy themselves. They food was OUTSTANDING, along with the cake as well. The bartenders were awesome and kept up with out very thirsty guests. Of course all this could have not happened without the help of the amazing Donna and Nancy. Every question we asked they answered. We are so extremely happy that we chose The Salem Cross Inn for our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 16

Sondra · Married on 08/05/2018

Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA was (nearly) a one-stop-shop for us. The scenery outside provided a picture-perfect background for our guests and our photographs. The decor inside the barn didn't call for anything "extra" on our part (which was great since we planned our wedding from start to finish in less than 3 weeks!). The food was amazing... AMAZING! Donna was wonderful to work with and helped us pull our last minute wedding off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 23
    Salem Cross Inn 24
    Salem Cross Inn 25

Lori · Married on 08/03/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with this review!!!! Our wedding day on Friday was beyond everything we hoped it would be and Donna and Nancy helped make it amazing!!! As a bride you worry how the flow of the day would go and how the set up would turn out well it was stunning and amazing, my decor was beautifully displayed because of them...they made my day seamless in every way!! They were so personable and caring and I miss working with them already and it’s Only been 2 days lol...my sister in law had her wedding there 23 years ago needless to say this venue is sentimental:) The venue itself has so much charm and had so much rustic elegance I just love....We were nervous about the weather the start of the day but with many prays it held out and couldn’t of been more perfect!!! If you haven’t found a venue yet I highly, undoubtedly recommend Salem Cross Inn, you won’t regret it, we sure don’t:-)

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 26

Deborah · Married on 08/03/2018

A big Thank You to Donna and Nancy for everything you did to make Luke and Lori’s day so perfect. I think that sometimes people don’t realize how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful venue in our backyard. So unique and beautiful and service was excellent.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kasia · Married on 07/07/2018

We really loved this venue and the staff were great. A few of our photos came back and we are thrilled with how the landscape and architectural details look. Our guests really enjoyed the experience as well, as many of them came from out of state and were able to enjoy a colonial New England setting. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and the staff, especially Nancy and Donna, who helped us with out preparations.

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 27
    Salem Cross Inn 28
    Salem Cross Inn 29
    Salem Cross Inn 30
    Salem Cross Inn 31

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2018

We Got Married at the Salem Cross Inn on June 30th 2018. It Was The Perfect Day. Donna and Nancy Are so Kindhearted and where extreamly professional and helpful from day one. The Food Was amazing! We Had Fireplace Roasted Prime Rib and The Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone was Raving about the food during the reception. Donna & Nancy also recommended a great DJ and the perfect justice of the peace/wedding coordinator so everything went so smooth and stressfree. I Will recommend the Salem Cross Inn to everyone looking for perfect wedding venue. It Was Very affordable! (& this is coming from a women with 5 kids under the age of 10 that just came off Unpaid Maternity leave) We also use the Salem Cross Inn for rehearsal dinner where we had hands-down the best chicken Pot pie. So delicious! I also chose to have them make my wedding cake which was a chocolate mousse cake let's just say the top tier of the cake didn't make it to the freezer straight to my belly it went! A chocolate lovers dream cake! I cannot say enough good things about this venue, the staff , how my wedding turned out or the great Experience I've had. This is the place to make your dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 38
    Salem Cross Inn 39
    Salem Cross Inn 40

Sam · Married on 06/29/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding at this site. Both Donna and Nancy were very friendly and professional; it was a pleasure to have them work with us. We had our ceremony their as well and we hired Paula Roberts to coordinate, as suggested by Donna/Nancy; This was very good advise and the day went very smoothly! Anytime I had a question I would email them, and they would call me with answers not long after! I would recommend using this venue 100%!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Tony · Married on 06/10/2018

Our wedding at Salem Cross Inn was perfection. The meadow and barn are gorgeous. We had so many comments from our guests on the beautiful space. The service was impeccable, and the food (especially the baked honey dijon salmon) was so tasty. We can't say enough great things about Salem Cross. Nancy and her staff went above and beyond. They're very organized, no-nonsense kind of folks - we were in very good hands. We also liked that we felt we got great value from the venue, and Salem Cross did not nickel and dime us. They don't receive referral fees for recommending vendors; instead, they simply recommend who they've liked working there in the past. Their recommendations worked out perfectly for us. We didn't have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, and highly recommend Salem Cross for an authentic, rustic barn wedding experience.

We worked with Barry for our flowers. Barry was also incredible, and we highly, highly recommend using him as your florist. Barry brought our vision to life. He was extremely organized and had everything prepared day of when we arrived. He even went above what we requested... since he had extra eucalyptus and other flowers, he added other flower decor to other parts of the room which were wonderful and perfectly in line with our taste. Barry also priced his services very competitively.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Niamh · Married on 06/03/2018

My wedding went exactly as I had requested things to go. Everyone there could not have been more helpful! Donna and Nancy were fantastic and made the planning process very easy. The day of, went off without a hitch. They were very accommodating to all of my and my husband's requests. Couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

We knew when we booked the Salem Cross Inn that it was beautiful and the food was amazing, but we never realized how amazing they would make our wedding day! The food was amazing, the service was amazing. The cake made by Donna was delicious! They were very organized and with their years of experience hosting weddings made it so easy to set up the timeline of the night and it went perfectly that day. We worked mostly with Donna during planning and she was great. She responded to emails quickly, and called was written communication was not as effective. I am so glad we went with the Salem Cross Inn as our wedding venue.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2018

Salem Cross Inn was wonderful- they were easy to work with, flexible and made our day absolutely amazing. The venue is beautiful and rustic, and the pictures came out fantastic. The service was great, the food was delicious and the day went so smooth and was just perfect. A big thank you to Donna for everything she did for us! We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Corinne · Married on 10/29/2017

Thank you Salem Cross Inn for making our daughters wedding & reception an outstanding event! Guests are still mentioning the fire roasted prime rib, done to perfection, roasted in sight at the fireplace. Nancy, you and your caring staff helped keep our wedding party organized and stress free, allowing everyone to enjoy the celebration. Thumbs-up to Salem Cross Inn!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Amy · Married on 10/26/2017

I was recently married end of October this year. I get goose bumps thinking about how special my day turned out. Every bride wants the fairytale wedding. I know I achieved mine!! It was harder to plan than most since I was in California, 3000 miles away. Nancy and Donna were so accommodating every step of the way; from my special lobster dinner, last minute inside accommodations from the lucky rain, all the way to my confusing seating charts. The food was out of this world. I have received praise from all the guests that this was the best food and wedding they have ever been to. I would recommend this venue again and again. Thank you Salem Cross for making my day so special!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Susan · Married on 10/13/2017

An amazing and outstanding venue! Donna, Nancy, and the entire staff were super organized and made the wedding go flawlessly! Our guests commented to us how fantastic the food and whole experience was. Many told us this was the best wedding they ever went to. Not to mention, Donna's cake was to die for! This place is the best ... you won't be dissappointed!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • User7495903 · 1+ year ago

I was at all times treated with respect and my wishes were honored. The owner and the woman who helps her with wedding planning met with me personally and were responsive to my questions and requests. They pointed me to a great package deal for our wedding and directed me to the best room venue for the number of guests I'd have. They provided me with a list of vendors they recommend and this made it so much less stressful to select a photographer and florist and limousine driver. On our wedding day, they welcomed us and brought us to a room where we could have pictures taken. The outside grounds were beautiful -- one of the top reasons we chose this restaurant for the reception -- and made for fantastic photos even though it was a rainy, windy day. The waitstaff were friendly yet professional. The bartender was very efficient. The food was delicious. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly. They even provide a space to have the wedding ceremony if you'd like.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

Wow! I had my dream wedding here at the Salem Cross Inn. I cannot even express how happy my husband and I are with the Salem Cross Inn. From our first visit at the venue to our wedding day everything has been perfect, easy, and fun.
    First of all the venue is absolutely breathtaking, from the rolling hills and beautiful tree line to the rustic historical barn, everything you could ever want is here. The Salem Cross Inn is always very well kept and keeps the history of this property alive, and you can really see how much the staff truly love this venue.
    Second, Donna and Nancy are absolutely the best people in the world, they know EVERYTHING about weddings. They are always available to answer any questions you have and are happy to answer them and help, trust me I called them many many times and every single time I spoke with them I got a clear answer and a smile on my face. Nancy and Donna will do everything in their power to make sure your day is perfect and just how you want it, they are very open to ideas and will always accommodate if able. They give you clear guidelines on how to do certain things which really helps take some stress away from planning. The great thing is that on many of my other venue tours I just felt like "another bride", here at the Salem Cross Inn I really felt like Donna and Nancy cared about my wedding even though they had hundreds of other weddings going on. They also are very very prepared, during my reception my bustle got torn and guess who came to my rescue and spent the time safety pinning my dress back up?? Yep, it was Donna and Nancy. I can't say enough about these women and how they helped make my perfect wedding come true.
    The food is amazing and to die for. They also provide you with a preferred vendor list and Barry and Paula Roberts are a must have!!!
    I had the best day of my life at the Salem Cross Inn, the whole experience was perfect and I am so happy we went with this venue. You cannot ask for a better place.

Sent on 11/02/2017