Salem Cross Inn Reviews

129 Reviews for Salem Cross Inn

129 Salem Cross Inn Reviews

Chris · Married on 10/14/2018

Incredible

From scenery to food to service Salem Cross inn is excellent

Brianna · Married on 10/05/2018

Fairytale Wedding

We had a fairytale wedding at Salem Cross Inn. Donna and Nancy are both so knowledgeable and experienced it made the planning process seamless. The gazebo overlooking the hills is breathtaking, the drinks are tasty, and the food was to die for.

We had a 9 piece band so we were worried about dancing space but they set up the room perfectly so there was plenty of space for dancing. The barn has such a cozy and romantic feel especially at night. So many people told us it was the best wedding they ever went to. You can't beat the charm of this place.

Salem Cross Inn 1
    Salem Cross Inn 2

Carolyn · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross Inn was a great wedding venue choice! Donna and Nancy were easy to work with, friendly, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

Margo · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross - beautiful inside and outside

Our experience at Salem Cross was absolutely wonderful! everything was so easy for us with the help of Nancy and Donna. from our outdoor ceremony to our indoor reception in the barn. everything was flawless!! we are so happy! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Last month we had our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn and it was a absolute fairy tale. Everything about the Salem Cross was amazing. Their outside gazebo is absolutely gorgeous and although it was pouring and we had to move our ceremony to the basement it was still absolutely breath taking. The barn was gorgeous and the perfect size for 150+ guests to enjoy themselves. They food was OUTSTANDING, along with the cake as well. The bartenders were awesome and kept up with out very thirsty guests. Of course all this could have not happened without the help of the amazing Donna and Nancy. Every question we asked they answered. We are so extremely happy that we chose The Salem Cross Inn for our wedding.

Salem Cross Inn 3

Sondra · Married on 08/05/2018

Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA was (nearly) a one-stop-shop for us. The scenery outside provided a picture-perfect background for our guests and our photographs. The decor inside the barn didn't call for anything "extra" on our part (which was great since we planned our wedding from start to finish in less than 3 weeks!). The food was amazing... AMAZING! Donna was wonderful to work with and helped us pull our last minute wedding off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn to any bride-to-be!

Salem Cross Inn 4
    Salem Cross Inn 10
    Salem Cross Inn 11
    Salem Cross Inn 12

Lori · Married on 08/03/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with this review!!!! Our wedding day on Friday was beyond everything we hoped it would be and Donna and Nancy helped make it amazing!!! As a bride you worry how the flow of the day would go and how the set up would turn out well it was stunning and amazing, my decor was beautifully displayed because of them...they made my day seamless in every way!! They were so personable and caring and I miss working with them already and it’s Only been 2 days lol...my sister in law had her wedding there 23 years ago needless to say this venue is sentimental:) The venue itself has so much charm and had so much rustic elegance I just love....We were nervous about the weather the start of the day but with many prays it held out and couldn’t of been more perfect!!! If you haven’t found a venue yet I highly, undoubtedly recommend Salem Cross Inn, you won’t regret it, we sure don’t:-)

Salem Cross Inn 13

Deborah · Married on 08/03/2018

A big Thank You to Donna and Nancy for everything you did to make Luke and Lori’s day so perfect. I think that sometimes people don’t realize how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful venue in our backyard. So unique and beautiful and service was excellent.

Kasia · Married on 07/07/2018

We really loved this venue and the staff were great. A few of our photos came back and we are thrilled with how the landscape and architectural details look. Our guests really enjoyed the experience as well, as many of them came from out of state and were able to enjoy a colonial New England setting. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and the staff, especially Nancy and Donna, who helped us with out preparations.

Salem Cross Inn 14
    Salem Cross Inn 15
    Salem Cross Inn 16
    Salem Cross Inn 17
    Salem Cross Inn 18

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2018

We Got Married at the Salem Cross Inn on June 30th 2018. It Was The Perfect Day. Donna and Nancy Are so Kindhearted and where extreamly professional and helpful from day one. The Food Was amazing! We Had Fireplace Roasted Prime Rib and The Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone was Raving about the food during the reception. Donna & Nancy also recommended a great DJ and the perfect justice of the peace/wedding coordinator so everything went so smooth and stressfree. I Will recommend the Salem Cross Inn to everyone looking for perfect wedding venue. It Was Very affordable! (& this is coming from a women with 5 kids under the age of 10 that just came off Unpaid Maternity leave) We also use the Salem Cross Inn for rehearsal dinner where we had hands-down the best chicken Pot pie. So delicious! I also chose to have them make my wedding cake which was a chocolate mousse cake let's just say the top tier of the cake didn't make it to the freezer straight to my belly it went! A chocolate lovers dream cake! I cannot say enough good things about this venue, the staff , how my wedding turned out or the great Experience I've had. This is the place to make your dream wedding come true!

Salem Cross Inn 19
    Salem Cross Inn 25
    Salem Cross Inn 26
    Salem Cross Inn 27

Sam · Married on 06/29/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding at this site. Both Donna and Nancy were very friendly and professional; it was a pleasure to have them work with us. We had our ceremony their as well and we hired Paula Roberts to coordinate, as suggested by Donna/Nancy; This was very good advise and the day went very smoothly! Anytime I had a question I would email them, and they would call me with answers not long after! I would recommend using this venue 100%!

Tony · Married on 06/10/2018

Our wedding at Salem Cross Inn was perfection. The meadow and barn are gorgeous. We had so many comments from our guests on the beautiful space. The service was impeccable, and the food (especially the baked honey dijon salmon) was so tasty. We can't say enough great things about Salem Cross. Nancy and her staff went above and beyond. They're very organized, no-nonsense kind of folks - we were in very good hands. We also liked that we felt we got great value from the venue, and Salem Cross did not nickel and dime us. They don't receive referral fees for recommending vendors; instead, they simply recommend who they've liked working there in the past. Their recommendations worked out perfectly for us. We didn't have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, and highly recommend Salem Cross for an authentic, rustic barn wedding experience.

We worked with Barry for our flowers. Barry was also incredible, and we highly, highly recommend using him as your florist. Barry brought our vision to life. He was extremely organized and had everything prepared day of when we arrived. He even went above what we requested... since he had extra eucalyptus and other flowers, he added other flower decor to other parts of the room which were wonderful and perfectly in line with our taste. Barry also priced his services very competitively.

Niamh · Married on 06/03/2018

My wedding went exactly as I had requested things to go. Everyone there could not have been more helpful! Donna and Nancy were fantastic and made the planning process very easy. The day of, went off without a hitch. They were very accommodating to all of my and my husband's requests. Couldn't have asked for better!

Kasey · Married on 04/28/2018

There isn't a better word to describe this place than perfect. Nancy and Donna make this experience easy and stress free and are very accommodating. I planned my sister perfect day for over a year since she lived in California and I was out here. Every bump in the road, Nancy or Donna was there to reassure me everything was going to be perfect.
    On the morning of the wedding. The skies were completely clear, the sun was out, the cattle were out. Everything was completely perfect. While the bride was getting ready in the beautiful bridal room, I was downstairs being the bridezilla making sure everything was in place. Nancy was so awesome and let me do whatever I needed to. I didn't need to do much, Nancy had everything under control. The ceremony was perfect. Paula Roberts was awesome with the coordination of the ceremony. At the reception the outdoor bar and happy hour was outstanding. Completely outstanding. The reception exceeded my standards. Martha was in charge of our reception. I was told by guests it was the first wedding they had someone come over and ask how everything was and how impressed they were with that. The food was incredible. Definitely the best food I've ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding here if you are looking. Everything about this venue is perfect and beautiful. The staff and owners are so nice and helpful. Thank you Nancy, Donna and Martha and the entire Salem Cross Inn staff for a perfect day!

• Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

We knew when we booked the Salem Cross Inn that it was beautiful and the food was amazing, but we never realized how amazing they would make our wedding day! The food was amazing, the service was amazing. The cake made by Donna was delicious! They were very organized and with their years of experience hosting weddings made it so easy to set up the timeline of the night and it went perfectly that day. We worked mostly with Donna during planning and she was great. She responded to emails quickly, and called was written communication was not as effective. I am so glad we went with the Salem Cross Inn as our wedding venue.

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2018

Salem Cross Inn was wonderful- they were easy to work with, flexible and made our day absolutely amazing. The venue is beautiful and rustic, and the pictures came out fantastic. The service was great, the food was delicious and the day went so smooth and was just perfect. A big thank you to Donna for everything she did for us! We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn!

Corinne · Married on 10/29/2017

Thank you Salem Cross Inn for making our daughters wedding & reception an outstanding event! Guests are still mentioning the fire roasted prime rib, done to perfection, roasted in sight at the fireplace. Nancy, you and your caring staff helped keep our wedding party organized and stress free, allowing everyone to enjoy the celebration. Thumbs-up to Salem Cross Inn!!!

Amy · Married on 10/26/2017

I was recently married end of October this year. I get goose bumps thinking about how special my day turned out. Every bride wants the fairytale wedding. I know I achieved mine!! It was harder to plan than most since I was in California, 3000 miles away. Nancy and Donna were so accommodating every step of the way; from my special lobster dinner, last minute inside accommodations from the lucky rain, all the way to my confusing seating charts. The food was out of this world. I have received praise from all the guests that this was the best food and wedding they have ever been to. I would recommend this venue again and again. Thank you Salem Cross for making my day so special!

Susan · Married on 10/13/2017

An amazing and outstanding venue! Donna, Nancy, and the entire staff were super organized and made the wedding go flawlessly! Our guests commented to us how fantastic the food and whole experience was. Many told us this was the best wedding they ever went to. Not to mention, Donna's cake was to die for! This place is the best ... you won't be dissappointed!

• User7495903 · 1+ year ago

I was at all times treated with respect and my wishes were honored. The owner and the woman who helps her with wedding planning met with me personally and were responsive to my questions and requests. They pointed me to a great package deal for our wedding and directed me to the best room venue for the number of guests I'd have. They provided me with a list of vendors they recommend and this made it so much less stressful to select a photographer and florist and limousine driver. On our wedding day, they welcomed us and brought us to a room where we could have pictures taken. The outside grounds were beautiful -- one of the top reasons we chose this restaurant for the reception -- and made for fantastic photos even though it was a rainy, windy day. The waitstaff were friendly yet professional. The bartender was very efficient. The food was delicious. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly. They even provide a space to have the wedding ceremony if you'd like.

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

Wow! I had my dream wedding here at the Salem Cross Inn. I cannot even express how happy my husband and I are with the Salem Cross Inn. From our first visit at the venue to our wedding day everything has been perfect, easy, and fun.
    First of all the venue is absolutely breathtaking, from the rolling hills and beautiful tree line to the rustic historical barn, everything you could ever want is here. The Salem Cross Inn is always very well kept and keeps the history of this property alive, and you can really see how much the staff truly love this venue.
    Second, Donna and Nancy are absolutely the best people in the world, they know EVERYTHING about weddings. They are always available to answer any questions you have and are happy to answer them and help, trust me I called them many many times and every single time I spoke with them I got a clear answer and a smile on my face. Nancy and Donna will do everything in their power to make sure your day is perfect and just how you want it, they are very open to ideas and will always accommodate if able. They give you clear guidelines on how to do certain things which really helps take some stress away from planning. The great thing is that on many of my other venue tours I just felt like "another bride", here at the Salem Cross Inn I really felt like Donna and Nancy cared about my wedding even though they had hundreds of other weddings going on. They also are very very prepared, during my reception my bustle got torn and guess who came to my rescue and spent the time safety pinning my dress back up?? Yep, it was Donna and Nancy. I can't say enough about these women and how they helped make my perfect wedding come true.
    The food is amazing and to die for. They also provide you with a preferred vendor list and Barry and Paula Roberts are a must have!!!
    I had the best day of my life at the Salem Cross Inn, the whole experience was perfect and I am so happy we went with this venue. You cannot ask for a better place.

Salem Cross Inn 28
    Salem Cross Inn 29
    Salem Cross Inn 30

Larry · Married on 10/06/2017

This was the most outstanding place to have our wedding, everything from the wedding coordinator, the scenic location, the facility and the food were top notch, it was absolutely outstanding, many attendees said this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended.

Salem Cross Inn 31
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2017

It only took one visit for Salem Cross Inn to become my dream wedding venue! Me and my wife were married early October of this year. Most of our wedding guests commented that it was the most fun wedding they had been to! The ceremony was beautiful, outside at the gazebo, and the landscape and garden made for beautiful photos. The food and cake were amazing, and we had so much fun serving the apple pie! We couldn’t have asked for better hosts than Nancy and Donna, who granted all of our requests along the way, and who made the wedding weekend run smoothly. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn for your ceremony and reception!

Salem Cross Inn 32
    Salem Cross Inn 33

Nancy · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough about how wonderful Salem Cross Inn is for a wedding! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We were married at the end of September, the beauty of the landscape made our photos phenomenal! The homemade food was delicious, my guests are still commenting to me how much they enjoyed the meal. The rustic charm of the Inn is exactly what my husband and I were looking for when planning both our ceremony and reception. Also, Nancy and Donna are so friendly, helpful and flexible, they made the planning of our special day, very stress free! I highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and we will be returning every anniversary!

Michele · Married on 09/16/2017

Salem Cross was the perfect venue for our daughters wedding! We were made to feel welcome and throughout the planning stage you were always so helpful (Donna and Nancy). It felt as if my daughter's big day was as important to you as it was for us and that you would do everything possible to meet any requirements.. Salem Cross is such a beautiful place, and the service and food on the day could not have been better - guests raved. Thank you to Barry Mongeon for creating such beautiful flower arrangements. We had a fantastic day and Salem Cross and everyone there will always have a special place in our memories. Thank you Barry, Donna, Martha and Nancy and the rest of the staff.
    Michele M. - mother-of-the-bride