Salem Cross Inn Reviews

Salem Cross Inn 5
Salem Cross Inn 6
Salem Cross Inn 7

Kasey · Getting married on 08/22/2020

There isn't a better word to describe this place than perfect. Nancy and Donna make this experience easy and stress free and are very accommodating. I planned my sister perfect day for over a year since she lived in California and I was out here. Every bump in the road, Nancy or Donna was there to reassure me everything was going to be perfect.
    On the morning of the wedding. The skies were completely clear, the sun was out, the cattle were out. Everything was completely perfect. While the bride was getting ready in the beautiful bridal room, I was downstairs being the bridezilla making sure everything was in place. Nancy was so awesome and let me do whatever I needed to. I didn't need to do much, Nancy had everything under control. The ceremony was perfect. Paula Roberts was awesome with the coordination of the ceremony. At the reception the outdoor bar and happy hour was outstanding. Completely outstanding. The reception exceeded my standards. Martha was in charge of our reception. I was told by guests it was the first wedding they had someone come over and ask how everything was and how impressed they were with that. The food was incredible. Definitely the best food I've ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding here if you are looking. Everything about this venue is perfect and beautiful. The staff and owners are so nice and helpful. Thank you Nancy, Donna and Martha and the entire Salem Cross Inn staff for a perfect day!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Cori Foley · Married on 10/05/2019

Extremely pleased with our wedding!!!

We are extremely pleased with our wedding. The day of the wedding was stress free for us. Our guests had a blast. The food was delicious with multiple helpings of the Roast. I think the wedding party polished off all the pesto meatballs ourselves. We would recommend Salem Cross in a second. Before writing this review we read some of the other reviews and can see many of the same points. We would recommend sitting down early with Nancy or Donna before you have anything else planned. They have a list of vendors and recommend some off the list. We used the violinist. We also used the Florist Barry from their list, who was absolutely amazing and worked to our budget. Many of the flowers came from their own grounds. We were nervous at first using the vendor list but were extremely pleased with them. This is an extremely nice place and we can see why so many people try to have their wedding there. We are understanding of the time frame constraints mentioned in some of the other reviews as we wouldn't want to or want anyone's wedding to interfere with ours. That being said, we felt the entire staff's attention was dedicated to our wedding while we were there. Any requests we had were addressed immediately. Any questions we had during the planning phase, that were answered in a way we were a little bit concerned about actually worked out perfect and Nancy's recommendation was spot on. We have nothing but good things to say about our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. We would definitely recommend them. Also be open minded about the Vendor list, it worked out great of us. Also the Wedding "cupcake" idea was perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazzinnggg

Where do we even BEGIN. Oh my goodness. My husband and I had an absolute DREAM wedding. It was even better than our imagination could take us. All of our guests where blown away by the beauty of the venue and how delicious the food was and the GORGEOUS gorgeous flowers (we hired Barry, the recommended florist). I seriously had in my mind that we would have a super simple, bare-bones wedding and had adjusted my expectations because we were paying for the wedding ourselves. I have extremely high health expenses so our budget was limited. When I walked down the aisle and walked into the venue for the first time my jaw hit the floor. We saw the venue during the tour and we saw pictures of prior weddings. Let me tell you - NONE of that does this place any justice. In terms of planning, everything went pretty smoothly. Every single one of our vendors was incredible. I mean - worship the ground they walk on - incredible. We need to talk about Barry for a second. Both my husband and I are obsessed with him - my husband probably even more so and he's a guy's guy, motorcycle-riding, a bit rough around the edges kind of guy. My husband was like "we NEED to have more flowers" to which I rolled my eyes and said okay (he can be a bit "extra"). Oh my goodness - that was the best decision EVER. Barry is a one of a kind. I've been to many weddings and our wedding flowers were HANDS DOWN NO CONTEST the BEST flowers I've seen in my whole entire life. And he is BEYOND reasonable. If I could just hire him for every single event for the rest of my life I would. The food was and is SO FREAKING GOOD. We had the Prime Rib and Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone - and I really mean almost everyone - was eating off of each others plates just because they wanted to try every dish Salem Cross made. The charm of this place right down to the antique dishes and silverware is astonishing. Nancy and Donna are super organized and definitely have it together. My questions were unorganized and we had family members trying to change some things and they didn't even bat an eye. We felt like we were in good hands the whole entire time. It's such a cliche but our wedding really was the best day of our lives, to have all of our family and friends together in such a beautiful place. You will not regret having your wedding at Salem Cross

Sent on 09/25/2019

Kathleen Given · Married on 08/30/2019

The Perfect Rustic Wedding!

Our wedding at Salem Cross was absolutely perfect!! The scenery and rustic vibe was an absolute dream. Guest are still raving about the food!! The staff was all wonderful, and Donna was so professional and helpful every step of the way! They were very accommodating with changes and requests we had. We could not have had a more picture perfect day! Make sure you also hire Paula Russell to help coordinate the ceremony - one less thing to stress about!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Marchetta-Wood · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect Historical New England Venue

My Husband and I were married at the Salem Cross last October and would recommend it to any couple looking for rustic charm at an affordable price point. The landscape is beautiful and the property stays true to its colonial heritage, maintaining elegant candelabras, original woodwork and a collection of quirky odds and ends from the time period.

There is no way on earth your guests will leave hungry because the food is plentiful and served throughout the event. A big fan favorite was the roast beef which is cooked over a spit in the downstairs fireplace during cocktail hour. Guest remarked on how unique and interactive the cooking experience was. Everyone I spoke to mentioned how much they enjoyed the food.

Another major selling point is the caring staff. Donna, our wedding coordinator was great to work with. She made us feel welcome and supported. Salem Cross is a family business and you can tell! The staff take pride in their work and make sure you leave happy. They also provide each couple with a list of vendor recommendations for music, flowers, transportation etc. This was a huge help to me, as I was not familiar with the area and needed some direction for organizing the big day.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Julie

Julie Lebeaux · Married on 07/27/2019

Loved our wedding at Salem Cross!

My husband I got married in July and I couldn’t have dreamed of a better day. From the food, to the beautiful and unique space, to the friendly and helpful staff, Salem Cross is your dream wedding venue. My guests had a fantastic time, and so did I because I felt so at ease during the event that everything would go as planned —and it did! They also have great connections with several other vendors that have all worked there before and know exactly what they were doing.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything was perfect. From out rehearsal dinner straight through the wedding.

Donna was such a pleasure to work with. Our meals and cake were completely amazing. We had a perfect ceremony and reception. The venue is beautiful and the staff all go above and beyond.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Paul

Paul · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Food , Amazing Staff , Incredible Venue

Working with Salem Cross Inn was one of the first and best choices we did for choosing a venue for our Wedding . The Staff made it about us the couple and took great care of all my guests . They have an amazing menus I recommend the Prime Rib. It is so melt in your mouth good. They offer second to you the couple and all ur guests . They make it a one stop shop for the most part from that to there yummy Wedding cake that is made in house . Our cake was a Vanilla icing Vanilla cake . Sounds boring but the flavor is amazing and far from boring. Salem Cross has been doing weddings so long they seen a lot and made many suggestions we didn’t even think about . In the event of rain or bad weather they have backup plans B Which is a plus . we worked with Dawn who was amazing and can’t say enough nice things about . 1

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Salem Cross Inn 8

Catherine Mcnamara · Married on 06/09/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue for 2 Foodies

We got married at the Salem Cross Inn on June 9, 2019 and it turned out to be the perfect wedding venue and day.

We are "foodies", so we were determined to find a venue that could offer superb appetizers and dinner options, a romantic and interesting setting, and professional staff. We found all of that, and more, at the Salem Cross Inn.

A month has gone by and our guests are still talking about our "PERFECT" wedding (their words!). In fact, several guests are now making plans to host family gatherings at the Inn.

We got married outside in front of the gazebo, and then invited our guests to go inside the lower level of the barn to watch the prime rib roasting in the fireplace while they enjoyed delicious appetizers and drinks from an open bar. We also gave our guests the option to go on a fun hayride around the beautiful green rolling hills of the property and gardens.

Our dinner options included the fireside prime rib, maple jack chicken, and honey dijon salmon. Everyone agreed that all three options were absolutely delicious and we saw lots of our guests sharing tastes of each dish.

Rob Adams was the mastermind behind the music. He played acoustic guitar and sang two lovely duets with my cousin during the ceremony. The wonderful music from his 4-person band inspired everyone to dance for hours.

Flowers were artfully arranged by Ladyslipper Designs. Natalie's beautiful floral creations adorned the gazebo, guests' chairs, haywagon, and were abundant in the dining room.

Paula Roberts was our expert wedding organizer and her vast experience ensured a smooth running ceremony and happy guests.

Piper Jo Nevins, our fabulous photographer, and her assistant Pat, kept everyone well organized for photos and her artistic eye found beautiful backdrops all over the Salem Cross Inn property.

Finally, we would like to thank Nancy and Donna, who took the time to go through all the details and make wise recommendations on all the food options. Many thanks also to the entire staff at the Salem Cross Inn who are true professionals and were eager to ensure that everything was exactly the way we had imagined it to be for our special day.

We wholeheartedly recommend the Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Michael

Michael Beaudreau · Married on 05/04/2019

A Great Wedding at The Salem Cross Inn

My wife and I got married at The Salem Cross Inn on May 4th of this year. We could not be any happier with our experience at The Salem Cross Inn for our special day. The wedding coordinators and waitstaff did a phenomenal job at making sure that everything was taken care of for us and for our guests and they made sure that everything went as planned. We were also very happy with the total cost (we had about 60 guests) and we were able to stay within our budget. Thank you very much to Nancy, Donna an the entire staff at The Salem Cross Inn for making our special day was even that more special! -Michael & Suely Beaudreau

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Salem Cross Inn 9

Kathleen · Married on 03/16/2019

Unique/ Charming Venue with Delicious Food!

We loved this venue for our wedding! It is a beautiful building with rustic charm and unique history (the grounds are beautiful too if you're looking for an outdoor setting). The charm of this place created a perfect atmosphere for the occasion and we have heard multiple times from our guests that it was "the best food they've ever had at a wedding"!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Salem Cross Inn 14
    Salem Cross Inn 15

Patrice Freeman · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful wedding at Salem Cross Inn, West Brookfield, MA

My son and daughter-in-law had an absolutely beautiful wedding at The Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield MA. The food was delicious...so many of our guests commented that the salmon and chicken tasted superb...and we were so happy that you were able to serve 180+ people so professionally. People loved how interesting the venue was...the antiques,the fireplaces, the ambiance, etc. And, moving the guests from room to room for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception worked so smoothly. My husband and I were the last to leave...we stayed to put some of the wedding items in our truck ...and the person who was there (I think the bartender) was so nice and did not rush us which I greatly appreciated. This was a March wedding and it was so cozy at the inn. Wonderful facilities and staff...I would recommend it highly.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Cary · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful venue with great food

Our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was perfect. The venue is stunning- beautiful grounds and the barn is perfectly decorated. All we needed to bring were ceremony and table decorations. The food is amazing we had the rustic chicken and honey Dijon salmon. Donna and Nancy were very helpful throughout the whole planning process. We had such a great experience

Sent on 01/26/2019

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

A beautiful wedding with great food

We just had our wedding here last month and it was amazing! The place is gorgeous, the food is amazing and the staff are super helpful - you really can't go wrong! Get the apple pie (with homemade whipped cream) and fire roasted rib - you will NOT regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Chris · Married on 10/14/2018

Incredible

From scenery to food to service Salem Cross inn is excellent

Sent on 10/26/2018

Brianna · Married on 10/05/2018

Fairytale Wedding

We had a fairytale wedding at Salem Cross Inn. Donna and Nancy are both so knowledgeable and experienced it made the planning process seamless. The gazebo overlooking the hills is breathtaking, the drinks are tasty, and the food was to die for.

We had a 9 piece band so we were worried about dancing space but they set up the room perfectly so there was plenty of space for dancing. The barn has such a cozy and romantic feel especially at night. So many people told us it was the best wedding they ever went to. You can't beat the charm of this place.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 16
    Salem Cross Inn 17

Carolyn · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross Inn was a great wedding venue choice! Donna and Nancy were easy to work with, friendly, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Margo · Married on 09/29/2018

Salem Cross - beautiful inside and outside

Our experience at Salem Cross was absolutely wonderful! everything was so easy for us with the help of Nancy and Donna. from our outdoor ceremony to our indoor reception in the barn. everything was flawless!! we are so happy! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Last month we had our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn and it was a absolute fairy tale. Everything about the Salem Cross was amazing. Their outside gazebo is absolutely gorgeous and although it was pouring and we had to move our ceremony to the basement it was still absolutely breath taking. The barn was gorgeous and the perfect size for 150+ guests to enjoy themselves. They food was OUTSTANDING, along with the cake as well. The bartenders were awesome and kept up with out very thirsty guests. Of course all this could have not happened without the help of the amazing Donna and Nancy. Every question we asked they answered. We are so extremely happy that we chose The Salem Cross Inn for our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 18

Sondra · Married on 08/05/2018

Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA was (nearly) a one-stop-shop for us. The scenery outside provided a picture-perfect background for our guests and our photographs. The decor inside the barn didn't call for anything "extra" on our part (which was great since we planned our wedding from start to finish in less than 3 weeks!). The food was amazing... AMAZING! Donna was wonderful to work with and helped us pull our last minute wedding off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 25
    Salem Cross Inn 26
    Salem Cross Inn 27

Lori · Married on 08/03/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with this review!!!! Our wedding day on Friday was beyond everything we hoped it would be and Donna and Nancy helped make it amazing!!! As a bride you worry how the flow of the day would go and how the set up would turn out well it was stunning and amazing, my decor was beautifully displayed because of them...they made my day seamless in every way!! They were so personable and caring and I miss working with them already and it’s Only been 2 days lol...my sister in law had her wedding there 23 years ago needless to say this venue is sentimental:) The venue itself has so much charm and had so much rustic elegance I just love....We were nervous about the weather the start of the day but with many prays it held out and couldn’t of been more perfect!!! If you haven’t found a venue yet I highly, undoubtedly recommend Salem Cross Inn, you won’t regret it, we sure don’t:-)

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 28

Deborah · Married on 08/03/2018

A big Thank You to Donna and Nancy for everything you did to make Luke and Lori’s day so perfect. I think that sometimes people don’t realize how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful venue in our backyard. So unique and beautiful and service was excellent.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kasia · Married on 07/07/2018

We really loved this venue and the staff were great. A few of our photos came back and we are thrilled with how the landscape and architectural details look. Our guests really enjoyed the experience as well, as many of them came from out of state and were able to enjoy a colonial New England setting. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and the staff, especially Nancy and Donna, who helped us with out preparations.

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 29
    Salem Cross Inn 30
    Salem Cross Inn 31
    Salem Cross Inn 32
    Salem Cross Inn 33

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2018

We Got Married at the Salem Cross Inn on June 30th 2018. It Was The Perfect Day. Donna and Nancy Are so Kindhearted and where extreamly professional and helpful from day one. The Food Was amazing! We Had Fireplace Roasted Prime Rib and The Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone was Raving about the food during the reception. Donna & Nancy also recommended a great DJ and the perfect justice of the peace/wedding coordinator so everything went so smooth and stressfree. I Will recommend the Salem Cross Inn to everyone looking for perfect wedding venue. It Was Very affordable! (& this is coming from a women with 5 kids under the age of 10 that just came off Unpaid Maternity leave) We also use the Salem Cross Inn for rehearsal dinner where we had hands-down the best chicken Pot pie. So delicious! I also chose to have them make my wedding cake which was a chocolate mousse cake let's just say the top tier of the cake didn't make it to the freezer straight to my belly it went! A chocolate lovers dream cake! I cannot say enough good things about this venue, the staff , how my wedding turned out or the great Experience I've had. This is the place to make your dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Salem Cross Inn 40
    Salem Cross Inn 41
    Salem Cross Inn 42

Sam · Married on 06/29/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding at this site. Both Donna and Nancy were very friendly and professional; it was a pleasure to have them work with us. We had our ceremony their as well and we hired Paula Roberts to coordinate, as suggested by Donna/Nancy; This was very good advise and the day went very smoothly! Anytime I had a question I would email them, and they would call me with answers not long after! I would recommend using this venue 100%!

Sent on 07/05/2018