1110 Sherfield Ridge Dr., Katy, TX 77450 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Romp Events

Romp is a small, Houston-based event and floral company run by an adorable and hilarious mother and daughter team.

(What did you expect, they let us write our own "About Us" section.)

We absolutely L O V E what we do. I started Romp in 2011 after styling my own wedding and finding a legitimate gap in quality service providers. From my experience, event coordinators were either out of budget, representing bourgeois companies with no time or attention to give, or low-end providers seriously lacking in creativity and style. I felt like I could do better. And I was right. Except I quickly learned that with the help of my mom (and best friend) I could turn "doing better" into "doing best".

Combining my ideas and experience with her floral expertise and her ability to pinch me under the table when I'm getting bossy, we became the dream team we are today. (Well, I think we're dreamy.)

With what we believe to be the perfect mixture of perspectives, Romp Events commits to understanding and executing your vision with humor and style, and we promise to do just that.

Or my mom will send me to my room.

-Shy Masters-Clark (owner and event stylist)

Romp Events can plan many types of weddings. From civil and destination to cultural and nonreligious weddings, the team has the knowledge and skill to bring your dream to life. Their services are all tailored to help the engaged couple enjoy the wedding planning process while still meeting their clients’ high expectations. Some of the wedding planning services that they offer include:

• Budget analysis

Romp Events 7
  • Jamie

Jamie Blair · Married on 04/06/2019

Simple, fun, organized!

Shy Masters Clark and her husband went above and beyond in not only helping to plan my wedding day but also to help with very LAST MINUTE videography. Shy is the sweetest person and listened to every want and need and nailed it on the head. My wedding day went smoothly and I got to enjoy every minute thanks to this wonderful couple. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else but her for planning your special day! She’s so funny and caring and will bring that more much light to your special day. We are so thankful for her.

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Romp Events 15
    Romp Events 16

Meredith · Married on 01/19/2019

Unbelievable Experience with Romp Events

When I started planning, I was unsure if Romp could meet my expectations of a super original wedding reception...but they absolutely EXCEEDED everything we could have ever imagined for our special day. Our venue was not a venue at all, rather a downtown office building lobby with tricky acoustics that had never hosted an event larger than 50 people. There was no catering kitchen, no linens or dance floor or sound absorbing materials already in place. We had to bring in EVERYTHING. We had appx 400 people confirmed YES to our wedding and we knew we needed all the help we could get. We got the full package from Shy and her team of miracle workers. They worked with the management team at the building, bought extra equipment just for the potential audible issues from the band, worked with our budget and wasn't afraid to step in when our vision became blurred. Shy even stayed through the ceremony and watched me walk down the aisle after ensuring my veil train was situated perfectly as I took my last steps as a single girl with my dad. Romp is an incredible team, who seriously works magic and I was so impressed with the outcome of our reception. They're mind readers who specialize in one of a kind experiences. They were sure to create a calm brain storming platform for all our out-of-the-box ideas, Honeybook was a great tool to work with for all things planning. Shy was funny, witty, sharp, smart and knew her way around a vendor. She didn't let anyone get away with anything, and if something went wrong or a vendor went rogue, I didn't know about it until she had someone else already lined up and the issue was already resolved. I can't recommend Romp Events enough!!!

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Romp Events 17

Romp Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 76.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3