Romp Events Reviews

Romp Events 4
Romp Events 5

Nyrie · Getting married on 12/21/2019

Most helpful coordinator!

I am SPEECHLESS at the service I received from Shy through Romp Events! I HIGHLY recommend!

So, I was looking for a day of coordinator for my December wedding, and when I met with Shy I told her what services my venue provides (they are all inclusive), and after talking about it, she told me that it wouldn't be in my best interest financially to hire a coordinator, and I was FLOORED. Why? Because she had a chance to really sell her service and make some money, I REALLY thought I needed a DOC...I was READY to hire a DOC.
    However, she was so kind and honest with her thoughts, and I really appreciated that. This showed me that Shy is TRULY in this business because she loves it, and now I really wish I needed a DOC so that I could work with Romp Events!

On top of that, Shy still gave me advice on how to organize my day of timeline for my wedding to make sure our day goes by smoothly. I was just so impressed with her honesty, kindness, and love for this business, that I felt I had to write a review to share how amazing my experience was with Romp Events.

I highly highly recommend anyone needing any wedding planning services to reach out to Romp Events!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Sara Martinez · Married on 11/02/2019

More than I could've asked for!

Romp Events, especially Lisa Salinas, were seriously the best. As far as I know, everything went off without a hitch, which to me just shows how great of a job Lisa did. We had a fairly large wedding (~170 people), and she managed it all perfectly! Would recommend her 15 times out of 10!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Blair · Married on 04/06/2019

Simple, fun, organized!

Shy Masters Clark and her husband went above and beyond in not only helping to plan my wedding day but also to help with very LAST MINUTE videography. Shy is the sweetest person and listened to every want and need and nailed it on the head. My wedding day went smoothly and I got to enjoy every minute thanks to this wonderful couple. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else but her for planning your special day! She’s so funny and caring and will bring that more much light to your special day. We are so thankful for her.

Romp Events 6
    Romp Events 14
    Sent on 05/18/2019

Meredith · Married on 01/19/2019

Unbelievable Experience with Romp Events

When I started planning, I was unsure if Romp could meet my expectations of a super original wedding reception...but they absolutely EXCEEDED everything we could have ever imagined for our special day. Our venue was not a venue at all, rather a downtown office building lobby with tricky acoustics that had never hosted an event larger than 50 people. There was no catering kitchen, no linens or dance floor or sound absorbing materials already in place. We had to bring in EVERYTHING. We had appx 400 people confirmed YES to our wedding and we knew we needed all the help we could get. We got the full package from Shy and her team of miracle workers. They worked with the management team at the building, bought extra equipment just for the potential audible issues from the band, worked with our budget and wasn't afraid to step in when our vision became blurred. Shy even stayed through the ceremony and watched me walk down the aisle after ensuring my veil train was situated perfectly as I took my last steps as a single girl with my dad. Romp is an incredible team, who seriously works magic and I was so impressed with the outcome of our reception. They're mind readers who specialize in one of a kind experiences. They were sure to create a calm brain storming platform for all our out-of-the-box ideas, Honeybook was a great tool to work with for all things planning. Shy was funny, witty, sharp, smart and knew her way around a vendor. She didn't let anyone get away with anything, and if something went wrong or a vendor went rogue, I didn't know about it until she had someone else already lined up and the issue was already resolved. I can't recommend Romp Events enough!!!

Romp Events 15
    Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Y

Yesica · Married on 12/08/2018

More Than Expected !

First of all Shy and her Team were amazing! Shy and her team made my wedding day a Total dream. She went above and beyond and made sure I was taken care of throughout the whole day. She is very professional her and price is completely reasonable. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator or planner SHY! Is your girl

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 11/17/2018

We had an unforgettable, most beautiful wedding ! It was perfect thanks to Romp!

Romp Events did amazing! We gave them a vision of what we wanted and they brought it to life! Our wedding day went so smooth, STRESS FREE, because they took care of everything. My husband and I were very impressed with how beautiful everything looked and just how everything flowed so well. We were able to enjoy every bit of it! Shy and Lisa are very creative and dedicated and they genuinely cared about us and making sure that our day was exactly what we wanted. We are so grateful for them. We highly recommend ROMP Events! They are the best!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Christie · Married on 08/11/2018

Let me start off by saying.... My daughter hired Romp and worked with Shy the entire way up until the day of the wedding. She told me how great Shy was and super easy to work with and Shy also guided her with honestly along the way ( some times telling her what she didn't want to hear, but with a good heart & intent always offering an alternative to what she wanted ) . I didn't get to meet Shy until the rehearsal.
    ***I've NEVER tipped someone $$$'s over what we agreed to in a contract until Shy & Romp Events. Just when you think she's gone above and beyond, she does more! She had everything on time, everything clicking and did not stop until the end. She put in a 16 hr day for us and NEVER QUIT!! Shy and her assistant Lisa were putting everything in place and as the "control freak" that I am, after about an hour of being with them that morning, I knew I had NOTHING to worry about. I was confident that she saw the vision my daughter wanted for her wedding and they DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! We even had a last minute floral cancellation and she found someone who did a beautiful job with all the floral. Everything was just magnificent - EVERYTHING! Having Shy and Romp Events at my daughter and son-in-laws wedding was a great investment - yes, INVESTMENT. If you're considering hiring Romp Events for your planning, consider it no longer. DO IT. I assure you, you will not have a single regret.

Sent on 08/20/2018

ROBIN · Married on 04/21/2018

Even though I was just planning on a small "simple" wedding of only 32 guests, I knew I was going to need help, as this is definitely not my area of expertise. If you are not sure if you should hire a coordinator for a small wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend it! I am a full time mom, with a full time job and going back to school full time. I wanted and NEEDED this to be as stress-free as possible. There is no way I could have pulled this off on my own! Planning a wedding, even a small one, is like having a second job! I am so happy with my decision to go with Romp Events to help me through the process of back end planning and day of coordination. Shy really came through for us! She kept me on track with the timeline and all of the little details that I hadn't even considered. She confirmed with all of the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. She was so easy to work with and really calmed my fears all along the way up to the moment that I was about to walk down the aisle. She was able to create exactly what I had envisioned for my ceremony/reception by carefully listening to me and by asking the right questions. Her niece helped with the floral arrangements/décor and they turned out beautifully! Shy ran the show with efficiency and professionalism. I could not be happier with the way it turned out. Hiring Romp Events was the best investment we made for our big day!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Liz · Married on 04/12/2018

Please read if you are thinking about destination wedding! #1 DO IT, it was the most amazing experience. #2 Bring your own coordinator (even though the hotel provides one). I am so glad I got to work with Shy. She is so professional and easy to work with. I loved working with her!! I hired Shy originally to full-on plan a wedding for me in Houston, Texas because I live in California. And then.. plans changed! Husband and I decided to completely drop the Houston wedding and went for destination wedding in Mexico! Shy was so accommodating and understanding, she was willing to switch around her entire schedule to be there for the wedding, which was in the middle of the week, and in a foreign country. Before the wedding we were constantly in contact, finalizing the details and making sure we had everything covered. Without her checking in on me I would have been a mess, I had no idea what I was doing! When it was time for the wedding Shy helped through the entire wedding ceremony from start to finish, which was great - seriously you never know what little things could go wrong at the ceremony, and Shy put out all the fires, I was so relieved she was there. That brings me to why you should bring your own coordinator instead of relying on the hotel coordinator. While the hotel coordinator was awesome, she was busy making sure the food was bring served at the right time, making sure people were being seated at the ceremony, working with the photographer, just coordinating the venue & vendors. Shy was there to help only me and my husband and make sure we were covered. Where to stand, how to hold flowers, how to properly cut the cake (didn't even think of this!!). What a great day I will never forget! If you are planning destination, PLEASE contact Shy. You only get to do this wedding thing once, take the time to make sure it is perfect. Shy will make sure it is!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

bailey · Married on 04/06/2018

Shy was the absolute best!! Carol equally as perfect! Talk about a professional! shy is seasoned, organized and definitely has a vision ! The details she put into my wedding were literally flawless. I gave her a difficult theme and she knocked it out of the park. Every BIT of it :) can not say enough good things about Shy, rompevents and florist Carol!!! Great coordinator, a blast to work with and a wonderful team of experts! Love them all. Equestrian theme is hard to get right and they blew me away! Thanks to everyone for a perfect day

Sent on 04/16/2018

Alana · Married on 01/13/2018

We could not have been happier choosing Shy and her mom from Romp events for day of event coordination and floral. Best decision to we made for our wedding! Shy was amazing to work with, responsive, and so creative and knowledgeable. We clicked immediately! The flower arrangements were stunning. She was able to pull off our vision and made the day run smoothly. She built a beautiful copper chuppah for our interfaith wedding. I have to cross my fingers my husband would like to do a bow renewal party so we can use her again!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Mary · Married on 01/08/2018

Where do I even begin? Shy was AMAZING! With my crazy schedule, I had to hand off all decorating to her and she did a fabulous job of capturing my new hubby’s and my vision. Not only that, but our wedding went off without a hitch. We stayed on schedule to whole time and were able to actually party at our wedding. Love her and her team! Our day exceeded all our expectations and none of it would have been possible without her!

Romp Events 16
    Romp Events 17
    Romp Events 18
    Sent on 01/09/2018

Mary · Married on 01/06/2018

I already wrote how AMAZING Shy was and I can't believe I left out her mom! Her mom took care of my flowers, creating a silk flower bouquet for me and real bouquets for my bridesmaids. They worked together to make sure my vision came true! I'm forever grateful for the both of them and everything they did to make our wedding the most perfect day possible.

Sent on 01/09/2018

marla · Married on 11/19/2017

Shy did a great job putting all the pieces together at my DIY wedding. Everything happened easily and perfectly! Shy went the extra mile to make sure all my dreams came true!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/21/2017

Shy and her mom did an amazing job with our wedding!

Shy was very easy to work with and listened to our needs and concerns. She even helped us navigate a tricky situation when we had to bail on our venue due to their unprofessionalism. I can't imagine having to deal with that on our own, and for that I am so thankful.

Shy was also wonderful with our family and even helped me take a deep breath before walking down the aisle! She kept everything running at the ceremony and reception, and made an extra trip at the end of the day to return a rental item we had forgotten about. Lifesaver!

On another note, the flowers that Shy's mom created for our wedding were beautiful. My bouquet was everything I was hoping for after sending her some pictures.

I can't recommended them enough!

Romp Events 19
    Sent on 12/01/2017

Jaycie · Married on 07/23/2017

Shy Masters Clark was the BEST part of planning our wedding. She is so creative, professional, quick to resolve problems, full of options, knowledgeable about the industry and wedding traditions, and so easy to work with. With her very reasonable pricing, she was the best investment in our whole wedding planning process, and looking back we would have paid much more for her services. As a kind of clueless bride not familiar in all the wedding traditions, who happens to be type A personality, the only way I was able to relax on the day of the wedding and enjoy my new hubby and our guests was because I knew Shy was on top of things, running the day, adjusting our schedule as needed, and keeping things flowing smoothly. There is so much she did in the background, and all we saw on the surface was a beautifully run event that was hassle free for us! I would absolutely recommend her to any bride, for any type of wedding, she is up to any challenge!!! I just love this lady and her work! Thank you Shy!
    <3, Mr. & Mrs. Chapman

Sent on 07/26/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Mrs. Chapman! This is the sweetest review and it made me a little misty eyed. (I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!) haha!
    All I can say is, "thank you". Thank you for the kind review, for being the most pleasant client, gorgeous bride, and amazing human. So lucky to have met you and worked on such a special event. I couldn't imagine a more perfect day for you and Michael than Sunday at The Dunlavy. You deserve the happiest of "happily ever afters" and I hope we can stay in touch so I can witness it. xo

michael · Married on 07/23/2017

Shy was one of the best vendors we hired for our wedding. I highly recommend !!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Nicholas · Married on 06/10/2017

If you plan to wed, do not go it alone. Shy and her team were responsive to every (EVERY) need we encountered. My wife explained her abstract vision for our wedding, and Romp Events made it materialize. I cannot effectively enunciate how much we relied upon their efforts. Here are some highlights. She knew when to support our requests and accomplish the seemingly impossible, but she also knew when to guide us down a slightly different path which ultimately worked out to something even greater than we expected. Our event coordinator at our event space vanished midway through our planning without warning to her employers or clients, but Shy took up the slack and put everyone at the venue to task to execute seamlessly. There was a bus fire on one of our transports which put us at least 45 minutes behind schedule, but Shy worked with the venue staff to incorporate everything we hoped for in a manageable fashion. No wedding will go off without a hitch, but trust in Romp Events and you won't notice anything is out of place. I think the most fitting compliment came from my mom (a mother of five sons, all of whom are married) who said, "that was the most fun I've had at a wedding. Everything was so beautiful and everything flowed so well. It was perfect." Thanks Shy, I think I am mom's favorite again.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Nick!! Reading this makes me so happy! I couldn't love you and Carla more if I tried. Not only was working with you a breeze, I genuinely feel lucky to have met you both. This wedding was all about your personalities: abundant style and humor...what a fantastic combo! The only thing better than witnessing the honest connection between you was seeing the insane jumble of hot, sweaty friends and family jumping on the dance floor until the lights came on in celebration! You are both so lucky to have all that love, both in each other and in the people who showed up in support. Thanks again for trusting me to help with this day and for these kind words. And you should ABSOLUTELY be mom's favorite! :)

Eden · Married on 01/21/2017

Romp Events gave me the wedding day I always dreamed of. I put my wedding in their hands and the big day was perfection. I will be recommending Romp to all of my friends.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Hooray! I'm so happy YOU were so happy! haha! I would work with you on any event again. Thankfully, that won't be a wedding because you and Brad are going to live happily ever after!! Thanks for including Romp in this amazing day, 20 years in the making. xo

jonna · Married on 11/19/2016

Where do I start? Shy was an absolute DREAM to work with. Working with Romp Events was seriously the BEST decision I made for our wedding. I’m sorry for the book you’re about to read!

I am an Art teacher and naturally creative, so when I got engaged I thought I would be able to do the wedding by myself. Due to my busy schedule, a co-worker of mine suggested I at least talk to Shy to see what types of services Romp Events offered. I was pretty skeptical and working with a TIGHT budget, but after meeting with Shy for about an hour I was sold. She was more than willing to work with my budget, already had a vision for the reception, and seemed genuinely excited to work with me. All of these things were very important to me, especially if I was going to pay someone!

Shy is so very passionate about her job and making sure that every little piece of the wedding comes together perfectly. As I said before, I am a creative person, so I was pretty involved with making various signs and favors. Shy was always there to help guide me in the right direction and give me second opinions from my wedding dress to deciding on which fonts to use on our invitation. She made sure that everything we selected matched the theme and worked together. Even as an artist it is hard to stick to a theme and avoid adding things just because they look pretty!

Once we saw everything come together on our wedding day we were SPEECHLESS. The flowers, the organization, the decorations, the timeline, and the vendors came together and made our wedding day unforgettable. I knew Shy was going to do a great job, but I did not expect our wedding to be PERFECT. Our friends and family could not stop telling us how gorgeous everything was. My husband and I were in mesmerized by how beautiful every single detail was. Our wedding day was literally perfect.

I honestly cannot thank Shy and Romp Events enough for making our wedding day one of the best days of our lives. I highly recommend Romp Events!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Romp Events's reply:

Dear, sweet Jonna - I don't think I could thank you enough for writing such a wonderful review. I'm honored to have been a part of your wedding. I have loved getting to know you and watching you and Evan celebrate with such an incredible party on your wedding day was the best reward for all of the hard work! Your wedding was unique and creative, like you - and I'm full of gratitude for the opportunity to do something outside the box. You were gorgeous, your friends and family were a blast and I'm so happy that you were happy. Congratulations on finding your lobster - I wish you and Evan a lifetime of happiness, Mrs. Lee.

Cassie · Married on 04/04/2015

I am a long time friend of Shy Masters. So of course I wanted to ask her questions about my wedding. We were having a small dinner with minimal people, so I didn't need a planner. Or so I thought.. There are so many questions! So many things that need answers. And all of these things require your design taste and opinions.. We started talking and I'm not artistic in any way at all. But I could fumble through these ideas that I had, and like majic, she could just materialize them! It was the most phenomenal part of the whole process. I could tell her what I wanted in the most basic of terms, and she could materialize these beautiful, one of a kind ideas. Many of these things she made herself! I don't think there is another planner out there that could listen with the precise ear that she did. She also gets tons of background information on you so that she may make suggestions when you are stumped on what to do. I'll be really honest, the last half of my wedding, I made none of the decisions. Which was amazing! The burden was lifted, I could focus on family coming in. And I knew it would be stunning. It was stunning. It was more than I could have dreamed of! And the cherry on top? We did this all on an extreme budget, although you'd never know! She can plan a wedding on a millionaire budget, or and every day budget. And amazingly, they will both be just as beautiful. So if you want a planner that will listen to you and materialize those thoughts for you. Shy is the only real choice.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Cassie, you know I love you and you know how much fun it was for me to put your wedding together. You were a gorgeous bride and I want to thank you for trusting me with the details. This incredibly sweet review means the world to me because it was so important that we hit the mark on your wedding day. Of course I feel that way with every client, but the stakes were high since you and I have been friends for so long. So thank you for posting this. And thank you for your friendship. Love!!!
  • I

INEZ · Married on 12/12/2014

As a working mom, I needed all the help I could get. Shy's creativity, professionalism, and guidance were everything I needed to trust in her and give her the lead to implement our vision. She not only had sophisticated tastes and recommendations, but she went beyond out of her way to ensure it was within our modest budget. I couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Cheri · Married on 11/09/2013

Planning a wedding is a daunting task, but not with help from Romp Events. Shy went out of her way to carry out our vision of our perfect wedding. She took all of my ideas and input and gracefully took the burden off of me. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I didn't worry about one thing on the day of our wedding. If anything went wrong, to this day, I couldn't tell you what it was. I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Thank you Cheri for the kind words. We LOVED you and your wedding and I truly think we made a dream team, you and I! So if you decide to stop doing award winning hair - call me up, ok? haha!
    Getting the chance to incorporate all of the elements to celebrate Jesus' heritage was special and I'm really proud of how it all turned out. I can honestly say you were one of the coolest couples we've gotten to work with and I thank you for trusting us with your wedding!

Lori · Married on 12/31/2012

Shy and the entire Romp team were incredible to work with when coordinating our New Year's Eve wedding. Our guests were blown away by the creative decor and Shy's attention to details that made our wedding so beautiful. Not only did she turn our Art Deco venue into a show stopping NYE party, she completely put our minds at ease throughout both the coordination process leading up to our big day, and the actual event itself. It's clear she puts her heart and soul into every event she does and keeps her clients' vision in mind when planning the most important day of their lives.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Romp Events's reply:

Lori, to be able to work with someone with such incredible taste who trusted us to do so many unique elements and cool ideas - a little off the beaten path was a dream come true. If I got to hand picked the most beautiful bride and the most laid back groom and the coolest vibe for a wedding - it would be you and yours. Thank you for your sweet review and for one of the coolest weddings we've ever done. xo

Rachel · Married on 07/13/2012

Hiring Shy & the whole Romp team was the best decision I made while planning my wedding. From our 1st conversation, Shy understood exactly what we wanted and was with us step by step to make it come to life. As a bride on a budget, I didn't feel like I had to compromise one bit to have the wedding of my dreams. Shy found incredible vendors, knew when to save and when to splurge, and she even sat and made decor items with me. She was a dream to work with and I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Romp Events's reply:

Rachel, there isn't enough space here to tell you how much we loved you and how happy we were to be a part of your wedding. I'm so grateful to have walked away from this event with a new friend. And to see you and Greg happily married, and now expecting a baby?! It makes doing this kind of work more rewarding than you'll ever know. Thank you for the kind words and for trusting us with your wedding. xo