Shire Parkway, Mechanicsville, VA 23111 Map · Phone number

About Riverwood Events and Catering

A catering business in Mechanicsville, Virginia, Riverwood Events and Catering is a family-owned business dedicated to providing exceptional food and service. Considering their relationships with customers to be the driving success of their business, the catering team works hard to earn the praise of each of their clients.

Riverwood Events and Catering's service comes with delivery, set up, and clean up for food and other rented items. Bartending service is also available to provide specialty wine, beer, premium liquor, champagne toasts, and signature drinks through an open or limited bar. Riverwood Events and Catering holds an inventory of the following items that can be rented for events:

• Chairs
  • Tables
  • Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine
Excelling in American, BBQ, Italian, local, and southern cuisine, the Riverwood Events' catering team can serve in plated, buffet, or family style. In addition to meals, they can also provide hors d’oeuvres at a cocktail reception, as well as dessert options. They allow their menu to be completely customizable by couples, down to allowing couples to bring in an outside cake. Before the wedding, couples are also welcome to partake in a tasting to sample their menu. Riverwood Events and Catering can also customize specific food items to be gluten-free, lactose-free, kosher, pork-free, vegan, vegetarian, or organic.

• Garnish RVA

Riverwood Events and Catering 2
Riverwood Events and Catering 3
  • Desiree Landry

Desiree · Married on 10/19/2019

Couldnt have done it without them!

Rachael was a dream to work with. She was the person there for me through everything. She was always very responsive to my frantic messages and knew a solution to every single thing. She went to get my husband and let me hold his hand and talk to him while getting ready because I NEEDED him. She was the one who went running and leaping like Superman off the porch to bring my vows to me. She's the one sitting on the ground sewing my dress when someone stepped on it and the bustle ripped. She was the one who made sure my husband and I ate and even took the time to enjoy a minute on the dance floor with me. Her and her crew took my vision and all of my decor and executed my vision perfectly so I didn’t have to do it. Most importantly, she was my friend. If you're on the fence about a coordinator, stop thinking and just do it. And make sure you hire Rachael. She will do anything and everything in her power to make sure your day is perfect in every way.

Sent on 11/26/2019

Shemeka · Married on 08/18/2018

Very affordable, I would definitely recommend

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 08/18/2018

Thank you, Riverwood! :)

Almost a year has gone by and I am now finding the time to review all my AMAZING vendors. I found Rachael from Riverwood on a wedding group on Facebook, by winning a linen giveaway no less. She was quick to respond and extremely flexible with her meeting date/times. Our reception was in Springfield, VA and we were initially undecided on the linen size/color. Navy blue or white? Rachael was so kind to let us bring up two tablecloths (one white and one navy blue) from Richmond and thank goodness for that because we ended up needing to special order 132” round navy linens. Our reception needed linens delivered two days prior to Saturday, and I was able to pick up our linens on Tuesday and drop them off the following Monday. The tablecloths were such an integral part of our reception decor and it makes me happy looking back at our wedding photos. Highly recommend Riverwood!! :)

Riverwood Events and Catering 4
    Riverwood Events and Catering 5
    Riverwood Events and Catering 6
    Sent on 07/11/2019

Riverwood Events and Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Karen for letting us be a small part of your big day! The photos look incredible! You did a phenomenal job!

Award

Riverwood Events and Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 45
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 19
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 30
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 10
    China
    Linens
    Flatware
    Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 5
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
    Champagne Toast
    Signature Drink
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    BBQ
    Italian
    Local
    Southern
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
    Champagne Toast
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware