Riverwood Events and Catering

Mechanicsville, VA View map

A wedding and event business in Mechanicsville, Virginia, Riverwood Events and Catering is a family-owned business dedicated to providing exceptional food and service. Considering their relationships with customers to be the driving success of their business, the tight knit team works hard to earn the praise of each of their clients.

• Wedding Coordination/Management
    • Flatware
    • Dishes/China
    • Tents

Cuisine
Excelling in BBQ, Pasta and good family food! They allow their menu to be completely customizable by couples, down to allowing couples to bring in an outside cake, deserts or add in family important food items. Before the wedding, couples are also welcome to partake in a tasting to sample their menu. Riverwood Events and Catering can also customize specific food items to be gluten-free, lactose-free, kosher, pork-free, vegan, vegetarian, or organic.

Coordination

Rachael's passion and drive thrives in wedding coordination and management. As part of the wedding world for over 16 years, (starting at 16!) she has pushed herself to be one of the best in the area. While "Day of coordination" is not on her services offered, because from the time you sign with her, she helps to conduct your day until the very end!

Also included in most of the coordination/management packages, is a vast amount of decor, signs, and faux florals and greenery that saves couples a large amount of money and stress of locating items!

Rentals

Riverwood takes great pride in offering affordable rentals, including linens! Riverwood was named "Top Wedding Vendors" for Central Virginia in Virginia Living Magazine for 2021!

• Woman-owned

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$45

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$19

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$30

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$10

China
Linens
Flatware
Glassware

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Limited Bar
Open Bar
Champagne Toast
Signature Drink

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
BBQ
Italian
Local
Southern

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Limited Bar
Open Bar
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine
Champagne Toast
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

Lauren T. Married on 12/12/2020

Best Coordinator ever!

We hired Rachael as one of our first vendors when we got engaged. Although COVID has changed our plans so many times, Rachael has never missed a beat. She has been so quick to make changes and adjustments to make sure we had the perfect day. She knew exactly what I liked and didn't like, sometimes even before I did! When everything seemed like it was falling apart, Rachael had solutions for all of my "world-ending-problems" like it was nothing! She always had a back up plan up her sleeve, and made it seem like that was the plan all along! On our tiny wedding day, she made everything go so smoothly, even though we didn't have a rehearsal. I changed my mind so many times on all sorts of things, and Rachael just smiled and made it happen! When I needed a sounding board to bounce ideas off, she always gave me the best advice and offered so many suggestions, but made sure I was never overwhelmed. For a type A bride, she was the best!
    Brooke Married on 10/17/2020

Thank you!

Riverwood was amazing! Could not have done it without them! We hired Rachael last minute but it was the best decision of our wedding!! Our wedding day was perfect and it would not have ran so smoothly as it did if it wasn’t for Rachael! Thank you so much for keeping everything in order;) You guys rock😊😊
  • Desiree Landry
    Desiree Married on 10/19/2019

Couldnt have done it without them!

Rachael was a dream to work with. She was the person there for me through everything. She was always very responsive to my frantic messages and knew a solution to every single thing. She went to get my husband and let me hold his hand and talk to him while getting ready because I NEEDED him. She was the one who went running and leaping like Superman off the porch to bring my vows to me. She's the one sitting on the ground sewing my dress when someone stepped on it and the bustle ripped. She was the one who made sure my husband and I ate and even took the time to enjoy a minute on the dance floor with me. Her and her crew took my vision and all of my decor and executed my vision perfectly so I didn’t have to do it. Most importantly, she was my friend. If you're on the fence about a coordinator, stop thinking and just do it. And make sure you hire Rachael. She will do anything and everything in her power to make sure your day is perfect in every way.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Shire Parkway Mechanicsville, VA, 23111
Location of (Riverwood Events and Catering)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding