15017 Linden Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98133 Map · Phone number

About Rev. Mary Calhoun

Voted Seattle Bride Magazine "Best Officiant" for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018! Fun, relaxed and innovative style. Author of "The Distinctive Wedding Ceremony" now on Amazon. With 20+ years officiating, Mary integrates your genuine style. ALL couples and faiths welcome.

jo

21 Reviews for Rev. Mary Calhoun

1 User photo

Rev. Mary Calhoun 1

Mallory · Married on 04/29/2017

After meeting with Mary for the first time we were hooked. What more could you want from an officiant than someone who not only takes the time to get to know you as individuals and as a couple, but also wants to know more about your wedding party and family?! She helped us form the most beautiful and heartfelt ceremony; she provides you with a wonderful guide but also lets you make it as personal as you'd like. We don't believe we would have had as personal of a ceremony if we wouldn't have chosen Mary to be our officiant. You are making the right choice by hiring her!

Rev. Mary Calhoun 2

Hannah · Married on 06/25/2016

So many guests approached me at the wedding ooing and awing over how wonderful and intimate our wedding ceremony was. I couldn't agree more. Everyone had tears and laughter from happiness and everyone said it was because she hit the nail on the head when describing us. I was told by many that they had never been to a ceremony that was so true to the couple. Again, I couldn't agree more.

I didn't think I cared much about the ceremony before the wedding... But wow. I'm still in awe over how beautiful it all was. So many classy touches Mary had that I would have never thought about (and I'm a researching bride).

We originally asked a dear friend to be our officiant and there was unfortunately a conflict and he was unable to make it. While I love our friend to death and wish hopelessly he could have been at our wedding, I am so happy that we ended up going with Mary. I have to admit that when I heard Mary's price, I was surprised (we were originally having a friend do it, remember)... But we already decided that we really liked her and I figured that since we wanted to have all top-notch wedding vendors, it made sense that we would pay a pretty penny.

By the end, you'll feel like Mary is a good family friend. My dear husband does NOT believe that he would feel that way in the beginning and hates meeting knew people... and he even ADORES her now. Your guests will feel like she is a family friend as well.

So happy we met Mary and so happy she performed our ceremony.

Laura · Married on 10/24/2015

If 10 stars were possible that's what I would give Mary! Mary is a pleasure to work with, my husband and I felt honored to have her marry us. She helped to make a tailored ceremony to us. She was always so calm, cool and collected which helped to ease any stress we were feeling. I feel that she went above and beyond what most reverends do. I am sure not all brides can say that their reverend had them over for dinner and cooked them the best pasta dinner they had ever eaten! Mary is truly an amazing person and will always hold a special place in both mine and my husband's heart!

Rev. Mary Calhoun FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 1,005.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal, Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 800.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 135.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? WA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• A Wedding With Heart
    A Wedding With Heart Wedding Officiants

Mary Calhoun is a gem in the Seattle wedding community. Always professional, calm, loving and so highly skilled - a true master!

• J and J Photography
    J and J Photography Wedding Photographers

We have worked with Mary at many weddings, including my sisters. We love her ceremonies and her kind gentle spirit. You will not be disappointed with Mary.

• 15017 Linden Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98133 See on map
    2064204056 (Other Phone Number)