910 South College Ave, Salem, VA 24153 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co.

Pumpernickel Pickle is an award winning professional catering company serving the Roanoke, Salem, Lynchburg, Blacksburg, and Charlottesville area. Our mission is to provide an exciting and dynamic catering experience with exceptional food and service. Our driving force is our goal to always make our clients the happiest on earth. We believe our passion and experience is translated into all the delicious food we make and all the beautiful memories and friends we make along the way!

Follow Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co. on

Couple
e814d9d86892d852 1497032400209 the boothe wedding reception 0078
weddingcrawl5
Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co.

53 Reviews for Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co.

• Mariah

Mariah Hughes · Married on 01/11/2020

Mouthwatering Food

Pumpernickel Pickle was absolutely amazing. They provided the most amazing menu and all of my guests commented on how wonderful it tasted. The service to the bride and the groom was also astounding. We didnt have to lift a finger for more refills or food.

Sent on 02/12/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Ann · Married on 09/21/2019

One happy pickle!

Let's face it--your caterer is probably one of your most, if not the most important vendor of your day. At the end of the day, your guests will remember if they liked the food or not. Cue the pressure to find the best caterer--and you'll find it with Pumpernickel Pickle. I fell in love with Pumpernickel Pickle after the first email--they were honest and upfront with prices and really worked with me to have exactly the menu I wanted. They are creative with their dishes (um hellooooo maple donut and chicken bites and my custom Harry Potter dessert bar complete with butterbeer shooters) and their food is DELICIOUS. Seriously, my now mother-in-law is probably the pickiest person on this planet and a food snob and she COMPLIMENTED me on the caterer. Everyone said the food was tasty and they were impressed with the staff who were super friendly and professional. I've been engaged for over two years (thanks grad school) and anytime a little question popped in my head, PP was quick to respond and never made me feel like a bugaboo. They helped me figure out logistics like how much alcohol to buy to how to figure out napkins (because apparently napkins are something you care about when you plan weddings). I can't sing their praises enough, shoutout to Sarah Pendleton, one of the owners for being so attentive, she's one of the best people on the planet and with her you'll be in great hands. So stop your search and book PP--you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • John

John Tran · Married on 09/21/2019

Awesome caterer!

Pumpernickel Pickle did a fantastic job with the catering for our wedding, and our guests can't stop raving to us about (a) how good the food was and (b) how courteous the staff was at their beck and call. They were a joy to work with, and their twist on traditional food fare was a welcome appreciation in southwest Virginia. There's absolutely nothing we would change about our catering, and we would happily recommend PP to our friends and family!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co. FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 59.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 23.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 32.00
    Set Up
    Clean Up
    Cake Cutting
    Cocktail Reception
    Server(s)
    China
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 12.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Beer
    House Wine
    House Liquor
  • What event services do you provide?
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Family Style
    French Service
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    African
    Southwestern
    Spanish
    Thai
    Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware

Real Weddings

• Olivia Diane Photography Wedding Photographers

Pumpernickel Pickle is an excellent catering service for any wedding or event! As a photographer, I've had the chance to taste many of their delicious dishes at a variety of weddings and events, and I have loved everything they make! Another bonus, is that the staff are PHENOMINAL to work with. They are gracious and caring - even towards other vendors. Their staff is always quick to ask if I need anything, espcially water, while I am working. Can't speak more highly of this great catering service & team~*

• Angelica & Co. Weddings Wedding Planners

The entire Pumpernickel Pickle Catering team knows how to throw down! They are all about that sweet southern hospitality and will have you feeling it on all fronts. Their main focus is making sure that they deliver the type of event that YOU envision. Whatever your dream, they'll help you get there and will make sure to provide the tastiest (and I mean the tastiest) food along the way!

• Everlasting Memories Event Planning Wedding Planners

I always enjoying working with the catering staff of Pumpernickel Pickle Catering. They are professional and so nice to work with. The food will bring joy to your mouth - always delicious!

• 910 South College Ave Salem, 24153 See on map
    5404205403 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co.)