The Portland Sheraton at Sable Oaks

South Portland, ME View map Visit website
4.7
    Alyssa Married on 08/23/2014
    The venue for our wedding was perfect. The Marriott in South Portland has a venue attached to its hotel, which makes it ideal for everyone attending the wedding (no shuttle bus service, simply taking the elevator to your room afterwards). The layout of the venue was perfect for our size wedding, 200 plus. The crew at the Marriott were extremely helpful, from the bartenders to the waiting staff. Everything is done in house and the food was extremely tasty. We were even able to get an ice sculpture done. The layout of the venue was ideal and upon seeing it all set up it was better then what we could ask for. Highly recommend using this venue for any wedding. The staff is tremendous and we couldn't have asked for a better time/place.
  • User1710713 2+ years ago
    Our reception was at the Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, and it was better than I imagined it to be. We looked around at many venues before we decided, and the Marriott seemed to give us the biggest/fanciest deal for our money. When we first walked in we thought to ourselves that there was no way we could afford this place.
    The staff on the day of were extremely courteous, and attentive. They were smiling and helping the guests all the time.

My only concern is that I ordered a 3-tier wedding cake and a larger kitchen cake to serve near 200 people. The day after I went to get the left overs and there weren't any - I only had 150 guests. So I'm not sure if the cake vendor forgot the kitchen cake, or if the staff misplaced/forgot about it, but either way it could be easily avoided by informing the staff ahead of time you are expecting leftovers.

However the cake issue would certainly not stop me from having the reception at the Marriott all over again.
    Annemarie Married on 10/11/2014
    The Marriott at Sable Oaks, Located in South Portland, Maine was an outstanding venue for my daughter's wedding. We had looked at approx. 8 venues in the past yr, and we cam full circle back to the Marriott. The wedding coordinator and her staff met every need we had asked for and went above and beyond for the day's event. Many guests were pleased and more during social hour and the plentiful hot appetizers and drinks that were served. Our Bridal Party was treated to basically 1 on 1 service in our room before entering the reception with a plentiful amount of social hours hor' derves, cocktails and more. Meg, the Wedding Coordinator was top notch and made sure all of our details were in place. The Ballroom for the reception was beautiful! A day we shall not forget!

South Portland, ME, 04106
Location of (The Portland Sheraton at Sable Oaks)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding

Wedding Venues