HOTEL FUN FACTS & PIECES OF INTEREST
- The 400-year-old lobby fireplace was found in a chateau that was being torn down in the French Loire Valley, in France. each piece was numbered, chiseled apart, and flown here along with the workers, to reassemble it to maintain its authenticity. It was originally used as an outdoor fireplace for the workers and livestock to warm themselves by when coming up from the vineyards and fields.
- The Venetian Plaster was treatments in the Biblioteca and the Private Dining Room, as well as throughout the lobby, use a practice invented by specialized craftsman. This technique uses a minimum of 3 and up to 6 coats to create the glazing effect that you can see. The plaster finish originated in ancient Rome and has been used throughout the centuries to modern times. The term "Venetian plaster" derives from the use of this finish in the palaces of 15Th century Venice. Fortunately, achieving the effect of Venitian plaster is now much simple. Venetian plaster can be put on all flat surfaces, including ceilings.
- The Biblioteca has a wonderful old European book collection on the shelves. There are many Italian Renaissance sculptures throughout the hotel. Notice the copy of The Three Graces by Antonio Canova at the end of the main hallway near the elevator vestibule. One of the original is in the Musee de Louvre in Paris.
- The 3 large sculptures on the 2nd-floor veranda were so heavy when they arrived that they had to hire a helicopter with a crane to lower them into place, as no one could lift them. This delayed the hotel opening!
- Our Lobby piece is a late 17th-century tapestry depicting Louis XIV, as Caesar, triumphantly entering Rome. The 4 females surrounding him depict the 4 parts of the world- American, Europe, Asia, and Africa. It's woven in woods, silk,s, and metals, and many of them were stolen by looters in the day to melt them down for the gold spun into them. A collection of 4 from this series can be seen at the MET in New York City. The front desk had to be redesigned to accommodate the tapestry size when it was found and the hotel was still under construction.
- The Hotel is adorned with a collection of original Russian Impressionist fine art. Originally loaned to the hotel by a local gallery, the artist's family has since allowed the Ayres to purchase many of the pieces you can see in the main hallway off the lobby, and in the restaurant. All of the artwork throughout the hotel are original pieces.
- The door outside the Othello room (Private Dining Room) comes from central Europe-note the carvings, the gryphon and the intricate details.
- antiques from around the world are throughout-armoires, trunks, chairs and more.
- The fabric in the guestrooms are all imported. If you are in a room with sage, green and gold, these materials came from Belgium. the rust and gold fabrics came from Italy.
- The 4 olive trees in the courtyard represent Doug Ayres 4 children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
Would you like to visit?
Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel frequently asked questions
What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel?
- Clean Up
- Set Up
At Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?
At Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel, what does the bar service starting price include?
- House Beer
- House Wine
What are the most important characteristics of Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel in terms of venue type, style and location?
- Banquet Hall
What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel for wedding events?
- Uncovered Outdoor
What kind of wedding events does Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel offer?
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
What services does Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel offer for wedding events?
- Bar Services
- Catering Services
- Clean Up
- Event Planner
- Event Rentals
- Get Ready Rooms
- Liability Insurance
- Pet Friendly
- Preferred Vendors Only
- Set Up
What furniture and decorations does Polanco Banquets and Events at The Ayres Hotel have available for wedding events?
- Aisle Markers
- Aisle Runners
- Audio Equipment
- Chair Covers
- Dance Floor