Poetry In Motion Catering

Table  setting
Table setting

9 Reviews for Poetry In Motion Catering

Rachel · Married on 05/20/2018

Karen, Andrea, and their fantastic team were amazing. My husband and I could not have been happier with our whole experience and our actual wedding day. Karen for one is an extremely good chef. She led us through a very casual but delectable tasting about 6 months before our wedding where we finalized our menu. Since my husband and I are total foodies we wanted to incorporate a few of our favorites, but also let Karen show off her skills. We gave her a list of our favorite foods, and links to a few of our most frequent restaurants and she crafted a menu from there. We ended up with:
    Appetizers: Crab stuffed Mushrooms, asparagus puffs, and a charcuterie and cheese station.
    Main (we did buffet style but know Karen easily does any menu style): BBQ Chicken Tikka (thighs, and so moist and juicy!!), Tri-tip with a mushroom sauce, rice pilaf, haricot verts, and a spring salad.
    Dessert Bar: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, long stemmed strawberries, & fruit hand pies. (I think this was all...I didn't get a chance to eat most of them)
    Everything was devoured! We also thought all the food was even better on our wedding day than when we did our tasting. It was easily the best sit down meal we've had over the years at weddings. They also made the entire process a breeze. Karen knew what was fresh, and was ready to substitute if she didn't like what was at market, and Andrea was on point with making sure all our table and flatware was beautiful. They both made us feel relaxed the entire week before our wedding, even offering to handle last minute items that popped up. Andrea was also a constant presence throughout the wedding day checking in with both me and my husband to ensure we were happy.
    We knew we were in good hands from the start, but felt like everything exceeded our expectations. It was a fabulous wedding day at Nestldown.

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/12/2015

One word. Wow!!! The food was amazing, cooked to perfection. All the guests raved about the food. Karen was easy to work with and she handled all the rentals with ease. Easy setup, and clean up. The venue looked amazing. Thanks to The Poetry in Motion staff my wedding was perfect.

Molly · Married on 10/12/2014

Karen just knows what she is doing and therefore, you can relax! Her knowledge of rental options for your table set up and other decor is impressive; it made all the planning so easy for us. Everything just magically looked exactly the way we wanted it to on the day of our wedding!

Let's talk about food! I'll admit, "food" was not at the top of my priority list for the wedding day. I rarely remember what I ate at my friends' weddings. However, Poetry in Motion made the MOST DELICIOUS appetizers and buffet style dinner for us!!!!! I was BEYOND IMPRESSED!!! I will NEVER forget what I ate at my wedding, and our guests commented all night long about how wonderful everything tasted!

Prepping our menu for the wedding was easy as well! Karen is open to using your own family recipes, if you'd like that added personal touch. Not only that, but her menu options are so organized and easy to narrow down. I found that I was very overwhelmed when viewing other caterers' menus. I loved how straight forward, yet flexible and versatile Karen's menu ideas were.

Her staff was incredible and SOOOO efficient! The bar tenders were extremely friendly, and the serving staff was always on top of helping us! My husband and I had champagne and treats waiting for us right after our ceremony, and hot, full dinner plates waiting for us when we entered for dinner. Karen brought some of her own signs and decor to make things easier on us-- I was grateful for this because I was planning this wedding long-distance and didn't have much time to find all those little items. Her decor was tasteful and beautiful.

We had S'mores for dessert, and everyone said the set up looked like an "Anthropologie" display! It was so lovely and included flavored marshmallows and chocolates; way more than we were expecting!

The attention to detail throughout the day was phenomenal! Everything-- I mean EVERYTHING-- ran so smoothly the entire day! It was a dream :) Thank you!!!

Poetry In Motion Catering FAQ

• What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, BBQ, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s)
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables