S. Race St and Exposition, Denver, CO 80209 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 4

About Planning the "I DO"

Planning the "I DO" provides Full Service wedding planning, Month of wedding planning and A la Carte hourly services. We bring 30 years of project management experience to ensure every detail is managed, the budget is considered with every decision and that your individual details are incorporated into your perfect day. We do most planning on evenings and weekends to facilitate busy couples. Making your dream day a reality is our mission. Let us help you.

1b00b07850d61496 1476480035497 whitney ian trainor s wedding christa s photos 0
Couple's kiss
Winter wedding with family heirloom fur stole.
Winter wedding with family heirloom fur stole.
Table setting
Military Wedding
Military Wedding
1b00b07850d61496 1476480035497 whitney ian trainor s wedding christa s photos 0
Couple's kiss

9 Reviews for Planning the "I DO"

Planning the "I DO" 1
Planning the "I DO" 6
Planning the "I DO" 7

Robert · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding Planner !!!

We hired Planning The I DO to provide month of planning for our very large (300+ guests) gay wedding. With everything Joan did, I can't imagine what else we would have needed - I'm certain she did more than most planners do when you use their full service package. She helped us save money at several points in the planning process, the biggest savings came when she helped us negotiate more appropriate service manpower at the venue which saved us $900. There were details about planning a wedding at a City owned facility that never would have crossed our minds and we were glad Joan was attentive to the nuances of this type of venue - like ensuring we had appropriate insurance and reading the venue contract in great detail and ensuring we and every vendor followed the myriad of requirements to the letter so there were no additional charges. From the beginning of the day to the end of the evening - Joan had everything in hand. She was the first one to arrive to help with set-up and the last to leave when all the vendors were gone and the venue had signed off. She even arranged to have an assistant join her during part of the day at no charge so she could have coverage at both the wedding and the reception venue at the same time. We can't say enough good about Planning The I DO.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Hanne

Hanne · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing planner!

Joan was instrumental in making our wedding day everything we dreamed of. It was the most magical wedding and it was the perfect night. We had a back yard wedding for ~140 guests which seemed an easy task at first glance. Joan helped us understand the logistics of hosting a wedding without a venue. Without her guidance we wouldn't have had a plan for trash disposal, lighting the way to the port-a-potty, busing tables, etc. She helped us work with 14 vendors on every detail including the coordinated timeline, deliveries, payments and tipping. In some cases we would have over tipped so her assistance saved us precious wedding funds. She also was instrumental in helping us communicate with our families and meet everyone's needs. Since we live in CA and the wedding was in Denver we did almost all the work together remotely - she made it easy and effective. We appreciated her flat rate pricing model which eliminated surprises and nickle and diming. There was no worrying about how many hours we needed to talk, how many emails/texts we needed to exchange or how many hours she needed to be onsite for the big day. I encourage anyone having a private venue wedding to consider Planning The I DO for assistance with planning. I can't even begin to say how much I appreciate Joan. I would not have made it through the wedding without her. Everyone in my family mentioned how wonderful and helpful Joan was. Wish I could give her 10 stars!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Paula Hahne · Married on 10/05/2018

Perfection

We are SO happy we found Joan. Our wedding day was such a dream. I don't think we could relive it any better! And, Joan had SO much to do with it. She made everything happen - every single detail - she made it all come to life, flawlessly! She thought of all the details - even the little things I never even considered. I am so happy we brought her on to manage the last three months of planning. My mom is, too!

Sent on 11/03/2018

• How many planners are on your team? 2

4 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Planning the "I DO" 1
    Military couple - Thank you for your service
    Military promotion - As my way of saying "Thank you for your service", I will provide a 50% discount to the first military couple to book each year. I will offer a 10% discount to the every military couple.
  • Planning the "I DO" 2
    Military - Thank you for your service
    Military promotion - As my way of saying "Thank you for your service", I will provide a 10% discount to the each military couple. The first military couple to book after Veterans Day 2016 will receive a 50% discount.
  • Planning the "I DO" 3
    Wash Park Boathouse
    Wash Park Boathouse - As my way of promoting my neighborhood park, I will provide a 10% discount to each couple having their wedding/reception in Wash Park.

See More Deals

• Christa Rae Photography
    Christa Rae Photography Wedding Photographers

Working with Planning the "I DO" for Whitney and Ian's wedding was such a pleasure! Joan was very responsive with emails, even though we were on opposite sides of the country planning the couple's wedding at the United States Naval Academy. She was thorough with every detail of their day, and worked with me to create the perfect timeline! We had ample time to photograph the couple, their family portraits, and bridal party in several locations throughout Annapolis and the Naval Academy prior to their ceremony at the Chapel. Everything came together perfectly for Whitney and Ian's wedding day. I love working with Joan, and I can't wait to work with her again in the future!

• S. Race St and Exposition Denver, CO, 80209 See on map