Photographic Visions (Joe and Kelly Derocher) combine classic portrait photography and photojournalistic photography to create unique award winning images for our clients. We are located in Farmington Hills, Michigan and serve the Michigan Detroit Metro area including Farmington Hills MI, Farmington MI, West Bloomfield MI, Bloomfield MI, Bloomfield Hills MI , Birmingham MI, Northville MI, Franklin MI, Troy MI, Commerce MI, South Lyon MI, Grosse Pointe MI, Clarkston MI, Rochester MI, Oakland county MI, Novi MI, Grand Rapids MI, South Haven MI, Grand Haven MI, Mackinac Island MI and your city.
Joe and Kelly Derocher have been working together in their photography business since 1988, and thus, have developed a strong partnership in creating photographic images for their clients. Each contributes his or her own personality and talents, creating a complementary working relationship that results in a business based mostly on referrals. Joe and Kelly create photographic experiences that lead to long-term relationships, with their clients calling Photographic Visions "our family photographer."
Joe Derocher has more than 25 years of photographic experience. Joe had been a Farmington Hills, MI photographer, working for a large custom portrait studio (Focal Point Studio) for many years before starting Photographic Visions. Joe's work has earned many awards, including the Detroit Professional Photographers' Association "Photographer of the Year", Michigan Top Photographer, many blue ribbons of Excellence in competition, top honors in the state of Michigan, and the coveted Kodak "Gallery Award". Hard work in national photographic competitions earned him the prestigious honor of "Master of Photography" by the Professional Photographers of America. His images have traveled in the prestigious Loan Collection exhibit, have been published in the Professional Photographers of America Loan Collection, and have been displayed at Kodak's pavilion at Disney's Epcot Center. Although the awards are prestigious, Joe's greatest satisfaction comes from pleasing his clients.
Kelly Derocher is also an award-winning photographer. Kelly received the Award of Excellence for her wedding album entered in the Detroit Professional Photographer's Association wedding album competition and has received blue ribbons of Excellence in print competition and first place senior girl award. Kelly adds a "woman's touch" to photographs, with an eye for detail and artistry. She truly enjoys photographing people, finding that each wedding, family, or child is a unique photographic experience. Kelly's calming demeanor can soothe even the most nervous of brides on her wedding day. She will be the one who retouches the shine from your face and makes sure that your photographs are "picture perfect" with detailed retouching and enhancement. Kelly also enjoys custom designing the wedding albums that detail every special moment, making sure that each wedding album is unique to the personality of you and your wedding.
Joe and Kelly believe in striving for excellence. Their membership in photographic associations and participation in photographic conferences allows them to continue to develop as photographers. In doing these things, they further their knowledge of the art and the technology, as the field advances. They have spent many years serving the photographic industry as Presidents and members of the Board of Directors for the Detroit Professional Photographers' Association. They are also members of the Professional Photographers of America.
Why Photographic Visions?
* We Care: From the time that you first meet with us, you will know that we are friendly, genuine people, with a gift for serving others, who truly care about your wants and needs in a wedding photographer. You will meet with us personally from beginning to end, discussing everything from wedding day details and timing, to your gorgeous wedding album which by the way, is completely custom designed for you!
* Passion: We have a passion for photography and a passion for people .put that together and you know that you can rely on us to put our all into every event that we photograph.
* Classic and Photojournalistic Photography: We combine the beauty of classic portraits with the emotion of photojournalism without relying on a computer to manipulate our images look special. Sure, we can use special computer filters on your photographs, but the best photographic moments are ones that are captured perfectly from the start, without excessive help from a computer.
* Retouching: Retouching is included which is a rare thing to find in a photographer these days. We believe that every ordered photograph needs to have shine and blemishes removed and unwanted facial lines softened. If the groom cuts himself shaving the morning of the wedding .no problem! It will be removed in every ordered photograph!
* Experienced: We are trained, full time professional photographers with over 25 years of experience. We have developed a keen eye for posing, so that we know the right angle to make you look your absolute best.
* Attentive: From straightening a necklace to fixing a bridal gown train details matter!
* Easy Going Personalities: We will not add to the stress that can come with your wedding day our goal is relaxed photography that reflects the elegance of your wedding day and the love that you share. You spend a lot of time with your photographer on the day of the wedding, so make sure you choose wisely!
* Chosen by Professional Photographers: We are delighted to have photographed family weddings for many of Michigan's most prominent photographers .wow, that is the highest honor that any photographer could ever ask for!
* Extras Included: Retouching & enhancement, editing, online proofing, custom album design, online album approval, album embossing, and all consultations are all included call us every day to ask a question if you want you will speak directly to us!
* Awards: "PPA Master of Photography", "DPPA Photographer of the Year", "DPPA Wedding Photographer of the Year" and lots of honors and blue ribbons (see About Us) but the best award ever is when you recommend us to your best friend or cousin!
* Discounts/Bonuses Available: Winter wedding, last minute wedding, or just want to ask about possible discounts or bonuses .asking to see if you qualify doesn't hurt! By the way .wedding/event coverages start at $ 2900.00
* Efficient:We have an efficient way of accomplishing all of the necessary groups that you need on your wedding day, while still providing the truly special moments that you will treasure as your favorites.
* Professional Photography Specialists: We can recommend a good DJ (Chris at www.jumpstartdjs.com), a florist (www.ourlittleflowershop.net), videographer (www.artistic-video.com) or planner (DMK Ventures) but we concentrate on what we do best .photography!
* Pride in Our Work: We are very proud of our work, photographing every event ourselves, and we believe it shows! When we photograph, our reputation is on the line, so we take our job seriously for every event.
* We Love Kids: We have kids of our own and we know that they don't always want to do exactly what they are supposed to do. We have the patience to entertain so that the children give their very best expressions. Bridal parties and families have been found to be entertained as well!
* Highly Referred: Our business is based on referrals. Just check the testimonials page, our Facebook, and comments on websites like www.ClickonDetroit.com .
* Great "Storytellers": We love when we can "see" your wedding album story falling into place right through the lens of our cameras. It gives us "goosebumps"!
* Convenient: Busy schedule, don't worry, we have online proof viewing and online wedding album approval so that you can finalize your design from the comfort of your own home.
* Dress for Success: We wear suits or Kelly may wear a dress probably black to your wedding we like to dress professionally and blend in with your guests!
* Farmington, Michigan Photographer: Born and raised in the Farmington and Livonia areas, we have served business owners and residents in the Farmington, Bloomfield, Birmingham, Livonia, Novi, Northville, Plymouth, South Lyon, Sterling Heights, Grosse Pointe, and metro Detroit areas on our own since 1995 and even though we are everywhere, we are pretty sure The Inn at St. John's is our second home!
* Travel: Although we primarily work in metro Detroit, we do travel in Michigan & Ohio to areas like Port Huron, Grand Rapids, South Haven, Traverse City and Toledo .but we could be convinced to travel farther!
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 98% of couples
Carrie · Married on 10/12/2012
Kelly and Joe were able to capture our wedding in a way that I am certain no one else would have been able to do. Their combination of talent, passion and true love for what they do is something that is difficult to find. Our wedding pictures were truly amazing and compliments I continue to receive on our wedding album are a true testament to their work.Sent on 08/05/2013
Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2007
Joe and Kelly Derocher were one of two photographer groups to photograph our wedding. Joe and Kelly are now my in-laws, so they took tons of pictures along side David Deutsch, who also did a phenomenal job. David turned all of his pictures over to Joe and Kelly and Kelly constructed our album. Our album is an exact replica of our special day. Her creativity and attention to detail is unbelievable. Our album has been the talk of the town where ever we go. If you are looking for professionals that can bring it "ALL" to the table, Joe and Kelly are what you are looking for. Joe's eye for the "perfect picture" and Kelly's ability to make everyone shine and relax is awesome! Additionally, there expertise in excellent photo opportunities in the Greater Detroit Area is like no other. They are on top of the game and can truly aid in the easy movement of the day with there ability to help and build the schedule for the day!Sent on 01/27/2008
Nichelle · Married on 07/06/2007
They were awesome!! They are a husband wife team and they worked great with my family & wedding party!Sent on 09/27/2008