Canton, MI 48188 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 51

About Phil Black Photography

Our passion, creativity, and devotion to quality create breath-taking photos of your special day, leaving you carefree to celebrate! Personable and professional, Phil Black Photography will amaze you with our exceptional service and attention to detail. With our natural ability to make clients feel comfortable in front of the camera, you can trust that we will help make your day amazing. A wedding is full of magical moments and we love capturing that magic to be treasured for generations to come.

Husband and wife team, we're photography educators and wedding and portrait photographers based out of Canton, serving the entire state of Michigan. We’ve been photographing the world for over a decade.

When not behind the viewfinder, we spend our free time laughing and enjoying life. My wife, Marianne, and I were married in 2011, best friends since 2009. We love to go out and explore the world. We live for the small moments in life. I play the piano and enjoy fishing, badminton and just about everything about being outdoors. Marianne loves to explore nature and read, but most importantly, we both simply enjoy each other's company and can talk for hours.

I absolutely LOVE and believe in what I do! I enjoy every minute of it. I always put my heart into getting to know my clients personally, from our first interaction to years after the wedding. We have shot weddings all over Michigan, and are extremely familiar with many wedding venues. From outdoors to indoors, small ceremonies to weddings with over 200 guests, modern and traditional to chic and fashion, we've covered all types of weddings.

Please visit our website at www.PhilBlackPhotography.com to see our entire gallery, current package offerings, and to inquire on availability. I look forward to hearing from you. Congratulations on your engagement! -Phil

alore wedding photography 37
alore wedding photography 44
phil black wedding photography 9
phil black wedding photography 15
Phil Black Photography
phil black photography michigan wedding photograph
phil black photography
sparkler exit

• Videos 1

14 Reviews for Phil Black Photography

S · Married on 09/16/2017

Phil and his wife are the absolute best. We made a lot of great decisions for our wedding, but Phil Black Photography was absolutely our best decision! I could not recommend Phil enough. He went out of his way to keep my wife calm and even hooked us up with other wedding providers that he recommended (Sorella's Bakery was the best!). Hire Phil - you will not regret it.

Sent on 12/02/2017

Phil Black Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Stephen!! You both are a symbol of true love, true dedication, truly best friends, and we are so honored to have been able to help capture and retell your wedding day :)

Colleen · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot express how amazing Phil Black Photography was to work with! Phil met with us prior to booking and answered all of our questions. We used Phil for our engagement pictures and our wedding photos. We have been asked so many times who are photographer was because our engagement photos turned out so amazing. Phil was great throughout the whole wedding planning process. He would email us every few months to check in and see if there was anything he could assist us with anything (even not photography related)! On the day of our wedding, Phil and his wife Marianne were amazing. Not only were they our photographers but they helped with anything and everything we needed. They helped keep us on time, kept nosey relatives at bay and helped keep both myself and my husband calm. Any photos we wanted they made sure to capture. They were so flexible, super fun and were able to capture our wedding craziness. I cannot say it enough…OUR PHOTOS TURNED OUT AMAZING! I would recommend Phil Black Photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. They were truly able to capture our special day in a way I could not even imagine!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Phil Black Photography's reply:

Wow - thank you so much Colleen for the kind words! Your wedding was honestly incredibly fun - yours and Erik's outgoing, fun-loving personality really created an atmosphere of relaxed guests that truly enjoyed themselves. I'll definitely keep in touch with you guys, I can't wait to see what's next for you in your marriage :)
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 02/25/2017

I literally cannot find enough nice things to say about Phil Black Photography! Hands down the sweetest and most wonderful humans!

Phil is the first and only photographer I met with when planning my wedding. After meeting with him - I was sold! Beyond my initial love for him - The prices are reasonable and their work is beautiful!

They are a husband/wife team and they work together seamlessly. The whole process was so easy, he was so thorough and attentive. He made us so comfortable at our engagement photos when we were so nervous. The photos turned out beautiful!

I cannot wait to see my wedding photos, but I am confident they are perfect!!! Phil and Marianne were so wonderful on wedding day! They kept us on track, were so calm and helpful when I was getting close to a meltdown :)
    Guests and family even came to tell me how lovely they were!

I would more than recommend Phil Black Photography to anyone and everyone and I will miss chatting with them now that my wedding is over.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Phil Black Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a great review, Christine! Your wedding was every bit perfect and I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it. Can't wait to share the photos with you later today! :)

Award

Phil Black Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,990.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Custom Graphics, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,990.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning

• Memorable Life Events
    Memorable Life Events Wedding Officiants

Phil was great to work with! Before our mutual wedding even commenced, he reached out to introduce himself and provided contact information. During the ceremony his team of photographers were carefully catching every special moment without disruption. As a vendor he was not only friendly and knowledgeable, but happily offered me to opportunity to preview and use any photos taken that day for my website. My couple made an great choice in hiring Phil and his qualified team to capture their happily ever after.

• Canton, 48188 See on map