North Reading, MA 01864 Map · Phone number

About Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace

Congratulations on your decision to be married. I am honored you are considering me to be the Officiant at your wedding.

This is your wedding, and I want to provide you with a ceremony that is personal, meaningful, and will bring you memories you will treasure.

I am a Justice of the Peace in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Should you wish to be married in another state, we can explore whether that state offers me the opportunity to obtain a one-day-one-marriage permit to perform your ceremony. I have conducted weddings in Maine and New Hampshire.

My fees are established by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I charge $100 to perform a wedding in North Reading and $150 in any other city or town in the state. I may charge additional fees for consultations or rehearsals. We can discuss such fees in our initial conversation, for which there is no fee.

I look forward to meeting every couple who wishes to be married. It will be my honor and privilege to work with you to create the perfect wedding ceremony for you and your beloved.

Member: Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Assocciation

penmain
carbone

6 Reviews for Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace

Kerrie · Married on 07/16/2016

The wedding ceremony Penny wrote for my husband and I was simply beautiful. We'd been to another of Penny's weddings in the past and knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted her to perform our ceremony. Working with Penny was an absolute breeze - from our initial face-to-face meeting when she asked us all about how we met and what we love about each other so she had material to use in crafting our ceremony, to the countless emails back and forth with tweaks to the drafts. Penny was so flexible and accommodating of all changes and suggestions we had. At our rehearsal and on the day itself, she was a calming presence and did a wonderful job reminding us to slow down and really take in the moment. The ceremony was wonderful and we were so thrilled to have her be a part of our special day.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

What can I say? Penny made what could have been a crazy day into something so calming and so personal for Ben and I. We got married at a beautiful venue which Penny was familiar with and loved as well.
    She was able to work with us to change some of the wording of our ceremony around to make it very "us". We had so many of our guests come up to us after the ceremony and say how wonderful Penny was and how personal the ceremony was.
    Penny went above and beyond to make our special day exactly that, special.
    Thanks so much, Penny!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Marielle · Married on 09/26/2015

We had Penny as our JP for a fall wedding at a campground. Originally we had planned to contact a couple of other JPs in order to weigh our options but the moment that we met with Penny we knew we had found “the one”. She showed such an interest in us as a couple and it was clear that it was important to her that she understand exactly what we wanted in our ceremony. She gave us many different options for readings and ceremony content which made us feel like we were making it ours. Penny was always so easy to communicate with and very responsive. We have heard so many comments from guests about how beautiful the ceremony was and how wonderful the JP was. People truly enjoyed it and because she made it so personal they also felt connected to it. Often times wedding ceremonies can be boring and repetitive. With Penny as your JP this absolutely will not be the case! We’ll continue to recommend her to anyone in need of a JP.

Sent on 10/28/2015