15 Leland Road, North Reading, MA 01864 Map · Phone number

About Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace

Congratulations on your decision to be married. I am honored you are considering me to be the Officiant at your wedding.

This is your wedding, and I want to provide you with a ceremony that is personal, meaningful, and will bring you memories you will treasure.

I am a Justice of the Peace in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Should you wish to be married in another state, we can explore whether that state offers me the opportunity to obtain a one-day-one-marriage permit to perform your ceremony. I have conducted weddings in Maine and New Hampshire.

My fees are established by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I charge $100 to perform a wedding in North Reading and $150 in any other city or town in the state. I may charge additional fees for consultations or rehearsals. We can discuss such fees in our initial conversation, for which there is no fee.

I look forward to meeting every couple who wishes to be married. It will be my honor and privilege to work with you to create the perfect wedding ceremony for you and your beloved.

Member: Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Assocciation

Follow Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace on

Other couples have also viewed

• Rev. Daniel Gregoire

8 Reviews for Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace

• Molly

Molly S. · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing officiant!

Penny officiated our wedding and we could not have had a better officiant! We had to change wedding plans due to COVID and Penny responded to us right away, fit us in her schedule and delivered an amazing ceremony. So thoughtful, personalized and great to work with!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you Molly! I loved being your Justice of the Peace. It was my first wedding with beautiful horses as special guests! Wishing you and Kevin many happy anniversary celebrations!
  • Deborah

Deborah · Married on 08/08/2019

Make your wedding perfect with Penny!

From the moment we met Penny, we knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. Penny is warm, open-minded, and extremely knowledgable. She was able to guide us about various parts of our ceremony that we hadn't considered, or even thought to think about. Her wisdom and insights really helped us in our planning. On our special day, Penny's presence was like an anchor that kept the whole ceremony smooth sailing. We feel very lucky to have found her. Thank you so much Penny....you made everything amazing. With our gratitude, Deborah and Steve (from the Chapel in Manchester-by-the Sea)

Sent on 08/08/2020

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I loved being your Justice of the Peace. Can you belive a year has already gone by? Happy Anniversary!

Kerrie · Married on 07/16/2016

The wedding ceremony Penny wrote for my husband and I was simply beautiful. We'd been to another of Penny's weddings in the past and knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted her to perform our ceremony. Working with Penny was an absolute breeze - from our initial face-to-face meeting when she asked us all about how we met and what we love about each other so she had material to use in crafting our ceremony, to the countless emails back and forth with tweaks to the drafts. Penny was so flexible and accommodating of all changes and suggestions we had. At our rehearsal and on the day itself, she was a calming presence and did a wonderful job reminding us to slow down and really take in the moment. The ceremony was wonderful and we were so thrilled to have her be a part of our special day.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 100.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Civil Union
    Single Religion

• 15 Leland Road North Reading, MA, 01864 See on map
    Location of (Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace)