Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace Reviews

8 Reviews for Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace

• Molly

Molly S. · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing officiant!

Penny officiated our wedding and we could not have had a better officiant! We had to change wedding plans due to COVID and Penny responded to us right away, fit us in her schedule and delivered an amazing ceremony. So thoughtful, personalized and great to work with!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you Molly! I loved being your Justice of the Peace. It was my first wedding with beautiful horses as special guests! Wishing you and Kevin many happy anniversary celebrations!
  • Deborah

Deborah · Married on 08/08/2019

Make your wedding perfect with Penny!

From the moment we met Penny, we knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. Penny is warm, open-minded, and extremely knowledgable. She was able to guide us about various parts of our ceremony that we hadn't considered, or even thought to think about. Her wisdom and insights really helped us in our planning. On our special day, Penny's presence was like an anchor that kept the whole ceremony smooth sailing. We feel very lucky to have found her. Thank you so much Penny....you made everything amazing. With our gratitude, Deborah and Steve (from the Chapel in Manchester-by-the Sea)

Sent on 08/08/2020

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I loved being your Justice of the Peace. Can you belive a year has already gone by? Happy Anniversary!

Kerrie · Married on 07/16/2016

The wedding ceremony Penny wrote for my husband and I was simply beautiful. We'd been to another of Penny's weddings in the past and knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted her to perform our ceremony. Working with Penny was an absolute breeze - from our initial face-to-face meeting when she asked us all about how we met and what we love about each other so she had material to use in crafting our ceremony, to the countless emails back and forth with tweaks to the drafts. Penny was so flexible and accommodating of all changes and suggestions we had. At our rehearsal and on the day itself, she was a calming presence and did a wonderful job reminding us to slow down and really take in the moment. The ceremony was wonderful and we were so thrilled to have her be a part of our special day.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

What can I say? Penny made what could have been a crazy day into something so calming and so personal for Ben and I. We got married at a beautiful venue which Penny was familiar with and loved as well.
    She was able to work with us to change some of the wording of our ceremony around to make it very "us". We had so many of our guests come up to us after the ceremony and say how wonderful Penny was and how personal the ceremony was.
    Penny went above and beyond to make our special day exactly that, special.
    Thanks so much, Penny!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Marielle · Married on 09/26/2015

We had Penny as our JP for a fall wedding at a campground. Originally we had planned to contact a couple of other JPs in order to weigh our options but the moment that we met with Penny we knew we had found “the one”. She showed such an interest in us as a couple and it was clear that it was important to her that she understand exactly what we wanted in our ceremony. She gave us many different options for readings and ceremony content which made us feel like we were making it ours. Penny was always so easy to communicate with and very responsive. We have heard so many comments from guests about how beautiful the ceremony was and how wonderful the JP was. People truly enjoyed it and because she made it so personal they also felt connected to it. Often times wedding ceremonies can be boring and repetitive. With Penny as your JP this absolutely will not be the case! We’ll continue to recommend her to anyone in need of a JP.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Penny Richards was our J.P. for our recent wedding. From the get-go, Penny was great to work with. She really got a feel for who my husband and I are as a couple, and wrote a beautiful ceremony/vows for us. You could tell Penny truly cared about her work and wanted to make everything perfect, which it was! After the wedding we had several people tell us how great of a job she did and I couldn’t agree more. I highly recommend Penny if you are looking for a J.P. for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for these kind words. I really enjoyed working with you both, it was an amazing day!
  • Future Mrs. Jones

Trenae · Married on 11/02/2013

Let me just say...having Penny Richards as my officiant was the best decision I made throughout this whole wedding process. She is extremely professional, friendly and completely focused on making your day the best possible. I found her in one of my many searches online and we met for breakfast at a local cafe. She was on time (early in fact) and very prepared. She immediately wanted to know our story because she incorporates that into the ceremony. She was so flexible (my husband didn't finish writing his vows until the day of) but she had them printed and read to go at the ceremony. There are some people that you meet and they just make you smile because you know that they genuinely care and Penny is definitely one of those people. At the rehearsal, her and her husband, Dave, helped us get organized so the wedding ran smoothly. She was a delight to have included in the wedding. And compared to the other options, the value for the services you get were amazing. Her husband basically acts as a coordinator for the ceremony and it is so necessary when you are nervous and need some guidance. I give Penny my whole-hearted recommendation and I am happy to provide details as needed. Thank you Penny!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

My husband and I could not think of anyone else that we would have wanted to officiate our wedding. During our first meeting with Penny, we knew that she would make our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted. She was very flexible and had some excellent suggestions that made our mothers feel part of the ceremony. Penny stressed that our wedding is exactly that - OUR wedding.

During the ceremony, Penny had our guests (and us!) laughing and crying at the same time. The ceremony was beautiful, personal, and suited us perfectly. Everyone could tell that she put a lot of time and effort into the ceremony, that it was tailored for us. She presented us with a written copy of the ceremony to that we can look back at it over the course of our lives - that meant a lot to both my husband and I.

Penny was very professional during the whole process, from our first meeting until she pronounced us man and wife. Looking back, I would not have changed anything and I recommend Penny to all of our friends that are planning their wedding.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Penny Richards, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you, Anonymous! I wish I knew who wrote these kind words so I could say a proper "thank you". It is truly an honor to be part of a wedding.