Pear Tree Catering

Vernon Hills, IL View map

Pear Tree Catering is a wedding and special event catering company in Vernon Hills, Illinois. They have been serving the Chicago metro area for over 20 years, providing excellent, fresh and seasonal food. They create beautiful presentation with elegant table and decor designs to complement your event. Pear Tree Catering offers a wide selection of cuisine styles to suit anyone and everyone’s tastes.

Pear Tree Catering offers you the ability to create your own custom menu to suit your unique taste and vision for your wedding day. They offer catering in plated, stations, buffet, and family style serving. They can provide exceptional food for all meals of the day, including breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. They can also accommodate a variety of dietary needs, such as gluten free, lactose free, nut free, vegan, vegetarian, kosher, and no pork. Their list of catering services includes, but is not limited to:

• Setup/cleanup
  • Outside cake
  • Servers
  • Tapas

Additional Services
Pear Tree Catering also offers additional resources such as tenting, tables, chairs, musicians, DJs, floral/decor options and venue recommendations.

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$50.00

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$56.00

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$56.00

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$14.00

Set Up

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$15.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

House Beer
House Wine
House Liquor

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Breakfast / Brunch
Server(s)
Stations
Tapas
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Southern
Southwestern
Spanish
Thai

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Outside Alcohol

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens
  • Debbie
    Debbie H. Married on 08/04/2019

Would recommend to everyone-they're the best!

Pear Tree catered my daughter’s wedding, which we hosted in our backyard. They did an amazing job in all aspects, including the delicious food, the beautiful presentation, and the phenomenal staff. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a top-notch catering company. Shelly, as well as her entire staff, was delightful to work with – throughout the event planning stage as well as during the wedding itself. I was aiming for a very specific ambiance to my party, and Shelly listened carefully, understood my goals, and produced a party which totally matched those goals. With her extensive knowledge and creative ideas, she actually enhanced my objectives.

When the wedding day came and Pear Tree arrived, I had total confidence that all of my hard work had come to an end – I knew that they would now take over the work while I enjoyed the wedding day – and that is exactly what happened. Shelly took the lead in executing every detail that we had discussed during the planning stages; yet remained flexible enough to make judgment calls where it was appropriate to do so. In regard to the setup of the food, she went above and beyond to create beautiful displays. As far as the food quality, I’ve never before had so many guests at my party approach me to let me know how wonderful the food was – and we had many foodies at our wedding! For certain items, I was told that they were the best in class! Shelly and her staff were accessible and easy to communicate with throughout the party – whether it be timing requests based on how many of my guests had arrived, or a personal favor (i.e., could you please offer a watermelon skewer to my daughter, the bride). They were efficient, polite, and respectful to everyone. When it came time for cleanup, they once again went above and beyond. Not only did they leave all cooking and serving areas immaculate, but they cleaned up parts of the party that they had not even been responsible for – i.e., gathering up the centerpieces, candy, nuts, etc. They even wrapped all leftover food and neatly packed it into my refrigerator.

If you want to host a first-class party while minimizing your stress throughout the event planning stage as well as during the party itself, I highly recommend Pear Tree Catering!
    C Married on 09/15/2018
    I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Pear Tree Catering! Shelly and her entire team are so top notch - I can't imagine anyone going with anyone else! From the first day we met with Shelly, she assured me all would be prefect - and when the wedding day came - it was exactly that - perfect! I am a very type A person (In a nice way), but it makes me worry about all of the details - but, in this case, every detail was covered and even though I still worried, they were so on it, they did so many things I had not even thought of - every little thing was done and the wedding just flowed along perfectly! On top of that, the FOOD WAS PHENOMENAL!!!! I don't think I had one guest not tell me how super-impressed they were with the food! OMG...it was out of this world! Usually you expect "wedding food", but Pear Tree makes fantastic food as if you were out dining at a fine restaurant! And they did this working with a barely there kitchen and their own set-up....unbelievable! The did our bar service, and we even had a gelato station afterwards that everyone LOVED! We were so impressed with everything....I found myself thanking Shelly (owner) over and over again bc I knew they would be good, but I didn't realize until it all happened, how absolutely fantastic this company is. I highly highly recommend!!!! You will not be disappointed!
  • User2645059 2+ years ago
    Pear Tree was the recommended caterer for my venue and they did not disappoint. Every appetizer, side, main course was perfect and super tasty. My guests loved the late night snack option as well (sliders and pretzels provided to soak up some booze before the end of the night!). Worked endlessly to ensure the menu worked well together and we had something for everyone. Highly recommend.

950 Woodlands Parkway Vernon Hills, IL, 60061
Location of (Pear Tree Catering)

Pear Tree Catering frequently asked questions

At Pear Tree Catering, what does the full wedding catering service cost include?

At Pear Tree Catering, the cost of the full wedding catering service includes:
  • Set Up

At Pear Tree Catering, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Pear Tree Catering includes:
  • House Beer
  • House Wine
  • House Liquor

What event services does Pear Tree Catering offer for weddings?

Pear Tree Catering offers the following event services for weddings:
  • Delivery
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up

What catering services does Pear Tree Catering provide for weddings?

Pear Tree Catering offers the following catering services for weddings:
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tapas
  • Tastings

What types of cuisine can you find at Pear Tree Catering?

At Pear Tree Catering, you can find the following types of cuisine:
  • Southern
  • Southwestern
  • Spanish
  • Thai

What dietary needs can be accomodated at Pear Tree Catering?

At Pear Tree Catering, the following dietary needs can be accomodated:
  • Nut Free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

What type of bar services does Pear Tree Catering provide for wedding events?

Pear Tree Catering provides the following bar and beverage services for wedding events:
  • Liquor License
  • House Liquor
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink
  • Outside Alcohol

What type of food and beverage items does Pear Tree Catering provide for wedding services?

To cater to all tastes, Pear Tree Catering offers the following food and beverage items:
  • Barware
  • China
  • Chocolate Fountain
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

What percentage of users recommend Pear Tree Catering and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Pear Tree Catering is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in flexibility, 4.7 in professionalism and 4.7 in value.

Other vendors in Chicago Suburbs for your wedding