Guest Capacity
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Palmdale Estates

Originally part of the Old Mission San Jose garden, Palmdale Estates is a beautifully landscaped site, featuring dozens of stately palms and native California trees, verdant lawns, gardens and even a pond. In the midst of this lovely setting is Best House, a Tudor-style mansion whose delightful interior and grounds create a storybook backdrop for weddings any time of year.

Built in 1915, the house reflects much of the elegant, ornate detailing of the period: graceful arched doorways, bas-relief ceiling moldings, crystal chandeliers, hand painted murals and gleaming hardwood floors. The Ballroom, though the largest space in the house, still has an intimate feeling with cream-colored walls, an oversized decorative marble fireplace and a huge leaded glass window overlooking the gardens. At one end of the Ballroom, a few steps take you up to The Music Room, a glitzy alcove with gold leaf walls and colorful stained glass window. At the other end are the formal Dining Room and Solarium, two light and airy rooms with an abundance of leaded glass windows and views of the "backyard".

When you get married here, you have exclusive use of the main floor of the house as well as the adjacent lawns to orchestrate your wedding any way you like. During warm months, most couples tie the knot in the white gazebo on the rear lawn, which is bordered by pines, redwoods and dotted with palms and fruit trees. They have their reception outdoors as well, setting up tables in the grassy expanse next to the gazebo. Afterwards, the guests are invited inside for dancing and cake cutting. In winter, receptions are generally held in the Ballroom, with the other spaces used according to the couple's preferred fluid floor plan which offers plenty of flexibility. (Note that Starr Gardens, behind the adjacent Peach mansion, is available for ceremonies and receptions.) Whether you celebrate under the magnificent palms or in the grand surroundings of Best House, you can't help but enjoy the quiet beauty of Palmdale Estates.

For more information, please visit our website

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: San Francisco

35 Reviews for Palmdale Estates

Love at first sight was my reaction when I stumbled across Palmdale Estates while searching for a venue for our Great Gatsby inspired wedding. Seeing it in person is unbelievable and beyond our wildest dreams! The venue has been there since 1915; you can feel the nostalgic history, and appreciate the underlining charm the location entails.

The food was divine and the service/staff impeccable. Everyone was so attentive, kind, and passionate about what they do. I thanked my lucky stars to be able to work with Lindsey Caravelli. The kindness/love and dedication she put into making it the best day possible for us literally brought me to tears. We knew right away that she was our dream wedding event manager. You can sense the love, respect and adoration that she has for the venue herself. It was not a sales pitch, which absolutely sealed the deal for us.

We cannot express our gratitude enough to Lindsey for making our dream wedding a reality. She was so sweet, honest and did not negate any details. Having her for support and advice was by far the best decision we made. She started our beginning journey as newlyweds on a positive note and we feel confident that the positive momentum will continue.

Palmdale Estates provided the perfect backdrop for our ideal summer wedding and Lindsey made August 21, 2015 the best day of our lives and we are forever grateful.

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location for our wedding. Palmdale Estates is a beautiful venue, and my husband and I were simply enchanted by the tudor house and surrounding gardens. The Sunken Garden was peaceful and wonderfully shaded for our afternoon wedding. The white tudor Best House was a fantastic backdrop for many of our pictures. Our guests loved the setting as well, and appreciated the very short walks from ceremony location to cocktail hour to reception.

The staff here is phenomenal. Our event manager, Alena, was kind and thoughtful, and she made sure everything about our special day would be perfect. Emails were always answered quickly and thoroughly. Alena handled everything cheerfully and calmly, which in turn made us feel calm and confident that everything would be taken care of exactly the way we hoped. The wait staff were also extremely polite and cheerful, and they really function as a family at Palmdale.

The food was deeeeeeeeeeelicious! Standouts for my husband and me were the tri-tip and the dauphinoise potatoes. We also were so happy to learn that Palmdale bartenders will serve your own outside alcohol for signature cocktails!

Palmdale Estates met every hope and dream we had for our wedding day. Our guests fell in love with the place just as we did, and I am so glad we were able to celebrate our happiest of days here.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to start with this review... I hardly ever give out 5 stars, but Palmdale Estates truly deserves them! Sadly, 2015 marks the last year that Palmdale will host weddings on their property but if that works for you, I highly recommend checking them out while they still have availability!

Palmdale Estates is absolutely cute and gorgeous. My wife and I got married on a perfect, beautiful Indian summer Sunday. With the ceremony starting on a late afternoon in the Sunken Gardens, we got warm sunlight filtering in through the trees... leading to a very romantic sunset dinner beneath the bistro lights behind the Best House. We couldn't have imagined or asked for a more beautiful setting!

Moving on to the service and event planning... from beginning to end, it was a pleasure working with Leann, Lindsey, Alena, and the rest of the team! They are extremely professional, organized, and experienced; they also were very responsive and accommodating to the countless emails we sent them throughout the planning process. Don't hesitate in asking them any questions you may have - chances are they already have a solution for you!

It's one thing for the event managers to be great and professional during the planning process, but when our guests comment on friendly, professional wait staff that also go above and beyond during the wedding, I think that truly says something about the level of service offered here!

As for the food and beverage service... you have to go with their non-alcoholic drink package (which is very reasonably priced) but they do allow you to bring your own alcohol, which is great! While the food may not necessarily blow you away, everyone thought it was very good and tasty - especially given that the food was served buffet-style. We were very happy with the NY strip steaks and salmon filets!

We love Palmdale Estates, and would happily get married (well, more like renewal ceremony now ;)) there again if we could!

Profile Picture User3946009, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews

220x220 sq 1265140121247 pde22
220x220 sq 1265140430247 pde26
220x220 sq 1265140430606 pde27
220x220 sq 1265140431466 pde28

Palmdale Estates is one my favorite venues to work at. Not only is it a beautiful facility that lends itself to amazing photographs, but I can't think of another venue that has the charm and character as Palmdale Estates does. The staff is wonderful and a joy to work with. They're very professional and knowledgeable. I am always pleased to find out that I will be photographing an event there. I can't recommend Palmdale Estates enough!

159 Washington Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539   See On Map