by appointment only, Hood River, OR 97031 Map · Phone number

About Palate Pleaser

Wedding Cakes are our passion. We are a Professional Baking service with lots of wonderful clients since 1988. We provide you with the personal service that you deserve on your wedding day. The personal and professional service that no loner exists at bake shops in the area. When you order your special dessert with us, you are provided a dessert, made fresh to order, and made with the finest ingredients available to the NW. As a bonus, order your wedding flowers through our floral service and receive your flowers and dessert, delivered free of charge! You can have your cake and eat it too.

3827038e3df7e435 image
3827038e3df7e435 image

4 Reviews for Palate Pleaser

• W

Winter · Married on 10/01/2016

They did a fantastic job! with my wedding! They helped me with every detail and with my work schedule was like a life savor!! Amazing food most professional service! Highly 100% recommended !

Sent on 10/21/2016
  • User6199593 · 2+ years ago

Very Happy on my daughters wedding day. It was an absolute perfect day and we could not have done it with out the hard work that
    Palate Pleaser provided. Very well seasoned crew and provided everything that I asked for and more. Would recommend them to anyone who wants a hands free day.
    Food, cake were delicious. Flowers were just what I had ordered. I received lots of complements from my guest. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The Grooms Mother hired their service for the rehearsal venue location and dinner catering. It was vey convenient having one place handle this for our families.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Erica · Married on 10/17/2008

3.2
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5
      1.0

I had Palate Pleaser make our cake and my bridal bouquet only.

There were both very positive and also very negative sides to working with this vendor:

As far as the cake is concerned, the recipe was absolutely delicious. We chose carrot cake and we had a few guests who don't normally like it but they loved it.

For my bouquet I was somewhat disappointed. It was pretty, but not quite what I had gone over in my discussion with the owner. I gave an exact list of flowers I like and said they could choose from any of those (i.e, I didn't really want any other flower types in it). I ended up with a bouquet that had 4 of the flowers I liked, but also 3 other kinds which I really didn't. Not a huge problem, but if I had been a less flexible bride, it might have been.

Ultimately, my groom and I were rather upset with the service because of a lack of professionalism. They were extremely flexible and helpful during the planning phase, but at the wedding all bets were off. Before the ceremony the owner came to give me my bouquet and asked about the bill. She said we could pay whenever, but it was obviously her preference that I paid her at that moment. About 15 minutes after the ceremony finished, she found myself and the groom again and asked us to pay then. We were already running late to leave for the reception venue and she ended up making us even later, on top of adding stress to my already stressful day.

Furthermore, since paying her that day, I have asked for an invoice for my own records and also because I think we may have been over charged the amount of our initial deposit, but she will not return any messages.

Sent on 11/28/2008

Palate Pleaser FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 8.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Delivery, Set Up, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cheese, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Cutters, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers