Burbank, CA 91501 Map · Phone number

About Open Frame Studios

The Philosophy

There is so much technical knowledge behind every shot. But it's the photographer's philosophy that defines the images, the vision, and the way the photographer sees the world. My vision is defined by three words: beauty, truth, story.

Beauty

I seek beauty in nature, in people, in relationships. I want to capture precious inspiring moments and saved them for posterity. For instance, when photographing a wedding, it's the inner beauty of the bride that inspires me. Her happiness,her hopes, her fears. I want to capture those emotions and show her in the best possible way - the truthful way.

Truth

I follow photojournalism ethics. It is not my goal to set up scenes and poses, but rather to capture true emotions, real events, real people in real situations. I want my photographs to tell the truth about them, tell a story of a short moment in their life.

Story

I do not want to merely provide you a set of good pictures. I want to tell your story. And every real story is made of real story elements. Your wedding, engagement or an event is a journey, a movie on its own. I want to shine the light on the essence of your being. I want you to be able to experience this journey again and again through photos you and your grand-kids will watch together many years from now.

karapierre 00