24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629 Map · Phone number

Wedding vehicle
3cb05037275e6eaa 1257439575637 c121

4 Reviews for Ocean Institute Coastal Venue

Alyssa · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I got married here in June 2016 and we were so excited about this venue!!! We loved it because it was not your traditional wedding venue but yet it was so captivating with the scenery and the ocean right in the background. All of our guests raved about how they loved this location. This was also an awesome way to have a wedding by the beach/ocean without having to pay that money. We were able to get some gorgeous pictures by the ocean and all of our out of town guests loved the view!!

The staff at the ocean institute were friendly and flexible. We were able to bring in all of our own vendors which also made the night more special and not so cookie cutter like other weddings. IN the long run you save more money when you do bring in your own vendors because all inclusive places will most of the time have hidden fees for every person. We saved A LOT being able to bring in all of our own liquor and not having a cake cutting fee! This place is magical and comes to life at night :)

Sent on 07/22/2016

Megan · Married on 04/12/2014

I’ve never been just to visit, but I had my wedding at Ocean Institute and it was incredible. It was such a unique venue, a great fit for us. We got a TON of compliments on the location. The booking fee is not cheap, but they let us bring our own alcohol so we were able to make it work with our budget. Renee was really helpful during the planning process, always quick to respond to emails during business hours. And on the day the ceremony and reception ran really smoothly thanks to the great staff.

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 09/17/2011

The staff was great from the get-go. Karin (Maritime Director) was so friendly and helpful. She was a pleasure to work with and made things so easy. They were extremely flexible with everything- time, hours, decorations, payment. The ship (The Pilgrim) was beautiful. They were well-organized and were great with communication. I can't say enough good things about the entire staff and location.

Sent on 11/04/2011

Ocean Institute Coastal Venue FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 6
  • Describe your venue: Boat/Yacht, Marina, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• "I Do With You" Wedding Officiant
    "I Do With You" Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

What a magical and beautiful ceremony venue this is! I have had the honor and pleasure of being an Officiant at this venue and I urge every couple looking for a beautiful venue on the water to put this at the top of your list. The entire staff is professional and so wonderful to work with. I would be thrilled to be your Officiant at this venue.

• 24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive Dana Point, CA, 92629 See on map