On WeddingWire since 2008

Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care is a cleaner and gown preservation company in Nashville, Tennessee. From pressing to alterations, they’ll take excellent care of your garments. Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care has a top-of-the-line preservation process for post-wedding. Using the trademarked Museum Method, their preservation steps include hand-cleaning the item and the process has received attention for restoring garments to their original level of quality. If you are having a gown cleaned and intend to use again, they’ll press it for you at no cost.

Endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants, Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care bills itself as a green business because of their environmentally friendly processes. Their clients include:

• Father of the groom
  • Groomsmen
  • Mother of the groom
  • Father of the bride
  • Bridesmaids

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Cleaning
Preservation

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

9-11 months

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

111 Reviews See all
J
Joan Married on 10/21/2022
5 out of 5 rating

The best alteration experience I could have asked for

I bought a wedding gown on sale and thought "This will do." But it needed some slight alterations, and I didn't know who to trust. A friend recommended the alteration crew at Oakwood Cleaners... and I'm incredible grateful. Birdy hit it out of the park. She took a dress that "would do" and transformed it into a dress I was in love with and never wanted to take off. I'm still pretty stunned. She was professional, caring, and thought out of the box to solve problems with the dress and make it the best it could be. I am incredibly grateful and can't recommend her work enough!!!
E
Eric G. Married on 06/11/2022

Outstanding!

From start to finish, Oakwood Cleaners went above and beyond to assist with clothing alterations and dress preservation!
Xrystina
Xrystina B. Married on 04/09/2022

Phenomenal 61-yr-old, 3rd Generation Wedding Gown Restoration

If I could give Oakwood Cleaners 100 out of 5 stars, I would. Oakwood Cleaners took on a HUGE project of both restoring and tailoring my vintage 61-year-old, 3rd generation wedding dress and turned it into the most beautiful heirloom dress I could have ever asked for. This dress was made in 1961 for my grandmother's wedding day. Then her daughter, my mother, wore it again in 1989 for her wedding. Since my grandmother's wedding 61 years ago, the dress was never once properly preserved or stored. It was in poor shape, to say the least. When I started planning my wedding in 2021, I really didn't entertain the idea of using my mom's wedding dress as my own because I knew it wasn't in good shape and that it was quite old. But after reading some of Oakwood Cleaner's reviews on vintage wedding dress restorations, I decided to take the dress in, and have it looked over - and I am so glad I did. From the second I walked in Oakwood Cleaner's doors, I was treated with nothing but the utmost professionalism and sincerity. They treated my vintage dress with love and reverence, as if it was their own mother's. Their team was extremely knowledgeable about everything to do with the dress, the fabric, and the structure which allowed them to manipulate and restore it to its previous beauty. Oakwood Cleaners even had an in-house seamstress, Birdy, that was able to take on my dress as another project. Since she was knowledgeable about the restoration process and how to deal with vintage fabrics, she provided expert advice and skill in fixing the structure of the dress and tailoring it to my body. This allowed me to have my vintage dress restored, tailored, and pressed all in the same building by the same experts. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for the team at Oakwood Cleaner's. They made it possible for me to wear the same dress on my wedding day that my mother wore on her wedding day and her mother before that wore on her wedding day. This meant more to me than I can possibly explain in this review. But if you're reading this review, wondering if you should take your wedding dress into Oakwood Cleaner's, please deliberate no further and go in!
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Premier W.E.D. Premier W.E.D. Wedding Planners

Oakwood cleaners takes gown care to another level. They have an amazing team of people who specialize in making sure the gown is ready for the walk down the aisle and then it's prepared to be stored for years to come. Preservation is a huge part of their business and they are my top pick in the city!

A Little Something Detailed A Little Something Detailed Wedding Invitations

As a wedding professional, a former bride and multi-bridesmaid, Oakwood Cleaners has never failed! Deneal made my wedding dress a perfect fit - working with delicate Chantilly lace and hand sewn pearls - it was perfect. As a bridesmaid, my many alterations were fast and perfect. After my wedding, Oakwood cleaned my dress and it came back spotless, after hours of dancing and pictures that night. This is the BEST place in Nashville for wedding gown alterations, cleaning and preservation. Don't look anywhere else!

Kristyn Hogan, Photographer Kristyn Hogan, Photographer Wedding Photographers

The best in Nashville!!

Other vendors in Nashville for your wedding

Responds within 24 hours