Oakwood Cleaners

Nashville, TN View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care is a cleaner and gown preservation company in Nashville, Tennessee. From pressing to alterations, they’ll take excellent care of your garments. Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care has a top-of-the-line preservation process for post-wedding. Using the trademarked Museum Method, their preservation steps include hand-cleaning the item and the process has received attention for restoring garments to their original level of quality. If you are having a gown cleaned and intend to use again, they’ll press it for you at no cost.

Endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants, Oakwood The Greener Cleaner - gown care bills itself as a green business because of their environmentally friendly processes. Their clients include:

• Father of the groom
  • Groomsmen
  • Mother of the groom
  • Father of the bride
  • Bridesmaids

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Cleaning
Preservation

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

9-11 months

What is your return policy?

Final Sales
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

4.7
    4.6 out of 5 rating
    4.7 out of 5 rating

• Xrystina
    Xrystina B. Married on 04/09/2022

Phenomenal 61-yr-old, 3rd Generation Wedding Gown Restoration

If I could give Oakwood Cleaners 100 out of 5 stars, I would. Oakwood Cleaners took on a HUGE project of both restoring and tailoring my vintage 61-year-old, 3rd generation wedding dress and turned it into the most beautiful heirloom dress I could have ever asked for. This dress was made in 1961 for my grandmother's wedding day. Then her daughter, my mother, wore it again in 1989 for her wedding. Since my grandmother's wedding 61 years ago, the dress was never once properly preserved or stored. It was in poor shape, to say the least. When I started planning my wedding in 2021, I really didn't entertain the idea of using my mom's wedding dress as my own because I knew it wasn't in good shape and that it was quite old. But after reading some of Oakwood Cleaner's reviews on vintage wedding dress restorations, I decided to take the dress in, and have it looked over - and I am so glad I did. From the second I walked in Oakwood Cleaner's doors, I was treated with nothing but the utmost professionalism and sincerity. They treated my vintage dress with love and reverence, as if it was their own mother's. Their team was extremely knowledgeable about everything to do with the dress, the fabric, and the structure which allowed them to manipulate and restore it to its previous beauty. Oakwood Cleaners even had an in-house seamstress, Birdy, that was able to take on my dress as another project. Since she was knowledgeable about the restoration process and how to deal with vintage fabrics, she provided expert advice and skill in fixing the structure of the dress and tailoring it to my body. This allowed me to have my vintage dress restored, tailored, and pressed all in the same building by the same experts. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for the team at Oakwood Cleaner's. They made it possible for me to wear the same dress on my wedding day that my mother wore on her wedding day and her mother before that wore on her wedding day. This meant more to me than I can possibly explain in this review. But if you're reading this review, wondering if you should take your wedding dress into Oakwood Cleaner's, please deliberate no further and go in!
    Lise B. Married on 09/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Vintage wedding gown veil and lace restoration

Rhonda at Oakwood is amazing! I took my grandmother’s 100 year yellowed wedding veil to Oakwood. Not only was it beautifully restored to perfection, it was also cleaned to it’s original color. They are the experts to go to for preservation. I would highly recommend Oakwood Cleaners !!

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Lise for that review. I will share this our production manager as he is the master! My best, Rhonda
    Linda T. Married on 06/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nashville’s Best Wedding Gown Cleaning service!

I had my wedding on a pretty rainy day which lead to mud getting all over the bottom on my gown. I was nervous that it wouldn’t come out. But Oakwood did wonders! It looks great, I am pleased.

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Linda, for taking the time to reveiw us. I am very glad we got all that mud out!
    Rhonda
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Premier W.E.D. Premier W.E.D. Wedding Planners

Oakwood cleaners takes gown care to another level. They have an amazing team of people who specialize in making sure the gown is ready for the walk down the aisle and then it's prepared to be stored for years to come. Preservation is a huge part of their business and they are my top pick in the city!

A Little Something Detailed A Little Something Detailed Wedding Invitations

As a wedding professional, a former bride and multi-bridesmaid, Oakwood Cleaners has never failed! Deneal made my wedding dress a perfect fit - working with delicate Chantilly lace and hand sewn pearls - it was perfect. As a bridesmaid, my many alterations were fast and perfect. After my wedding, Oakwood cleaned my dress and it came back spotless, after hours of dancing and pictures that night. This is the BEST place in Nashville for wedding gown alterations, cleaning and preservation. Don't look anywhere else!

Kristyn Hogan, Photographer Kristyn Hogan, Photographer Wedding Photographers

The best in Nashville!!

73 White Bridge Road, 116 Nashville, TN, 37205
6156206095

MONDAY- FRIDAY 8AM - 6PM SATURDAY 9AM-2:00PM SUNDAY-CLOSED
Location of (Oakwood Cleaners)
4833 Lebanon Pike Hermitage, Tennessee, 37076
6156206095

MONDAY- FRIDAY 7:00AM- 6:00PM SATURDAY 9:00AM-2:00PM SUNDAY-CLOSED

Other vendors in Nashville for your wedding