Oakwood Cleaners Reviews

80 | Hermitage, TN

80 Reviews for Oakwood Cleaners

thunt · Married on 05/09/2020

Very Helpful & Professional

The folks at Oakwood Cleaners are very helpful and professional. They did a great job with our daughter's wedding dress. We will definitely return soon with our other daughter's dress this fall.

Sent on 02/05/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Congratulations on the up-coming wedding and we look forward to helping you with the next wedding dress.
  • Allison

Allison Schumacher · Married on 04/08/2020

Wonderful experience and service!

Wonderful wonderful experience! I got married in Napa last August and my wedding dress came home with several wine spills. I wasn't sure any of them would ever truly come out, but Pat assured us that they could clean and preserve my dress. They didn't return the dress until it was as good as new! Very pleased with the result and the level of service and care. It took a couple of months, but they were diligent about updating us throughout the process. Phenomenal service - Highly recommend Oakwood Cleaners to anyone looking to clean, restore and preserve their dress to like new condition!

Sent on 03/18/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Hi Allison! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I know this will help others as they are making decisions on caring for their gown.
    My best, Rhonda, Owner

Debra Wicke · Married on 03/26/2020

Superior in every way.

Always the kindest people. The cate of clothing is excellent. Always perfect

Sent on 04/06/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you much Debra for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your kind words and wish you health and happiness during this trying time. ~Rhonda
  • Lauren

Lauren Miller · Married on 03/05/2020

Professional, Quality Service

Oakwood Cleaners came recommended by the designer of my wedding dress. After using them, I can see why. They are thorough, professional, and take time and care with your items. They did a wonderful job getting my wedding gown and several other garments clean.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Lauren. I seem to remember you had pearls on your gown that you were going to divide up and make necklaces. I hope you were able to do that.
    Rhonda
  • Jessie

Jessie Wright · Married on 02/08/2020

Fantastic experience!

The whole staff at Oakwood Cleaners was fantastic when it came to making sure that my wedding dress was ready for the big day and taken care of afterward as well! They made sure my dress was perfect in plenty of time for my ceremony and did an amazing job cleaning and preserving my dress afterward. They walked me through how to care for my dress going forward and even guaranteed their work on it for life! Highly recommend Oakwood to any bride!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Jessie for your wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience at Oakwood Cleaners! ~Rhonda

Jeanette Elrod · Married on 01/10/2020

Great service and friendly people!

I’m happy with your service, for me personally and at my place of work. April your driver is so sweet. She always has a smile. At your Hermitage store I was greeted the same way! Keep up the customer service!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you Jeanette for taking the time to review us. I will let April and the Hermitage staff know you are happy! ~Rhonda

Jo Smith · Married on 07/27/2019

From start to finish, a good experience.

They really understand the significance of the wedding as a life event and the care desired for preserving the wedding gown.

Sent on 05/24/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Hi Jo. Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review us. We really love helping brides just like you preserve the memories of that special day. Stay safe, stay healthy. ~Rhonda

Ttt222 · Married on 03/05/2019

Awesome!!!!

Preeeeeeeeeefecttttttttttttttttttt

Sent on 03/05/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so very much for your review! I know this will help others when they are looking for someone to take care of their memories.

Kristina Morales · Married on 02/01/2019

Highly recommended

I love how it truly shows that they care. I thought my gown was ruined, they were honest about what I could expect and at the end I was blown away. Highly recommended and worth the investment!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Kristina! This will help others when they are trying to decide what to do with their gown after the special day. ~Rhonda

Lise Davis · Married on 05/26/2018

Best Dry Cleaners in Nashville

There are not enough adjectives to describe how highly I regard Oakwood Cleaners. I am so grateful for their service. The quality of the service and care that my clothes and myself are given is beyond compare. They are professional yet warm and thoughtful. I trust them with everything I own- including my daughter in-law’s wedding gown- they did an EXQUISITE job! Thank you Oakwood!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so very much Lise! It means so much to hear this and know it will help others when they are making a choice to preserve their memories!
    Rhonda

Taylor Kresse · Married on 05/05/2018

Professional and caring

I felt like my dress was in the best of hands. They told me right away that it could be an 8-9 month wait to get my dress a back and that was exactly right so I knew what to expect for wait time. When I received it, they walked me through how to handle my dress with care and I appreciated their thoroughness

Sent on 11/13/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Hi Taylor. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. This really helps others when they are trying to decide how to take care of the gown. ~Rhonda
  • W

Wink · Married on 10/21/2017

Rhonda and Pat at Oakwood are simply the best! The work they do and the customer service they provide is unparalleled by any cleaners I've ever been to. I've been a customer of Rhonda's since she began. I would never go anywhere else and I give Oakwood the highest possible recommendation!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Wink, this means so much. We enjoy seeing you when you come in and look forward to many more years! Rhonda

Mychal · Married on 10/15/2017

Take your wedding dress here; they are the best!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Thank you Mychal!

Shelby · Married on 06/17/2017

I had a lot of trouble dress shopping and could not find a wedding dress that I loved. My mother-in-law asked me if I would like to wear her 30-year-old wedding dress. She said I could alter it and make it however I wanted. I took it to a tailor and they helped me figure out how to make it the dress of my dreams. The problem was that it is a dress older than me and it had already been through one wedding. It needed some love. I took it to Oakwood before my wedding and they returned the shine and the beauty in the dress. It truly became the dress of my dreams.
    My dream dress took a beating during the reception from dancing and whatnot. Some of the original beads had come off, some of the original lace was torn, and the lace hem was so dirty. I thought I had ruined it. I was terrified. I took it back to Oakwood and they once again performed a miracle and the dress is back to being the dress of my dreams. They removed every single inch of dirt and it looks as if they found replacements for all of the original beads and helped restore every bit of the original lace. When I saw it I almost cried. When my mother-in-law saw it again, she did cry. She thought after two weddings there was no possible way to bring it back to life but we were so so so wrong. Oakwood has restored the dress of both of our dreams and has made it an heirloom that we will try to continue to pass down. Oakwood now has a place in my family forever and we can not thank them enough.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Susannah Jones · Married on 06/10/2017

We received excellent service from Oakwood Cleaners.

Oakwood Cleaners did a wonderful job cleaning and preserving my daughter's wedding gown. We were given excellent verbal instructions on how to inspect the gown every 3 to 5 years and what to do if we notice any future yellowing. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We know reviews such as yours will help others when they are decided on the after care of their gown.
    My best,
    Rhonda Wernick

Blair · Married on 07/30/2016

Oakwood Cleaners did an impeccable job on cleaning and preserving my wedding dress! For a fair price, they were able to transform my dress from the mess that it was at the end of my wedding night. I was so impressed with the packaging my dress will live in and the condition of the dress is as good as new! It's beautiful. Thanks so much for doing an amazing job!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Blair!!

MeriLee · Married on 10/24/2015

Whites dresses recommended oakwood to me for cleaning and preservation of my wedding gown and I couldn't be more pleased. All of the staff members were extremely helpful and kept me updated on the status of my gown, which turned out beautifully.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words MeriLee!! Happy New Year.
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/24/2015

The BEST cleaners around!

I wouldn't of dreamed of going anywhere else to have my wedding dress preserved! Their attention to detail is second to none! You don't need to look anywhere further than Oakwood Cleaners - they will take excellent care of you!!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Brittney, for taking the time to review us. We know others will love hearing your thoughts!

Deborah · Married on 06/27/2015

Oakwood Cleaners took meticulous care of my daughter's wedding gown, veil & the extra lace we purchased in case we needed it to remodel the dress for future generations.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Excellent preservation services! Well worth the price!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Barbara · Married on 07/18/2014

It is my pleasure to share my experience at Oakwood Cleaners (3 locations/Nashville metro) having the opportunity to observe a bridal gown cleaning and muslin preservation, a natural eco-friendly way to properly preserve wedding memories.

The intake and approval process is so thorough that after thoroughly inspecting the gown for tears, rips, stains, spots, even pin holes from safety pins, etc., it is then hand-sketched highlighting any areas that the cleaning experts need to be aware of to achieve optimal success in cleaning the gown.

During the muslin preservation process, the bridal gown specialist nets her hair and wears cotton gloves to prevent any body oils from being passed to the gown while it’s being preserved. Oakwood Cleaners are true wedding gown specialists and experts. The intensive labor required is truly a labor of love and artistry above and beyond the science.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara! We loved sharing our procedure with you.

molly · Married on 06/08/2014

My dress had a huge wine stain on the front and they worked with me to cover it up. Everything worked out wonderfully.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Tamara · Married on 05/31/2014

I had a very heavily beaded formal gown cleaned and restored by Oakwood and felt very confident with their quality of care and choose them to preserve my daughter in law's beautiful lace wedding gown. Rhonda was wonderful to work with from start to finish. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2014

I can't speak any higher of this company. I had a nightmare of an experience getting my wedding gown cleaned at another "green" company in Nashville back in 2015. I went to the other company first because they were "green" (I thought they didn't use harsh chemicals, etc) and because they were reasonably priced. When I picked up my gown, I immediately panicked. It was gray and no longer the beautiful white it once was. It looked like it had been dipped in dirty water (come to find out, it had!). And the stains at the bottom were exactly how they were when I dropped the gown off. After two months, the gown started developing yellow spots. I thought my $2500 wedding gown was ruined. That's until I went to Oakwood Cleaners!
    I was so hesitant because I didn't think anyone could fix it. However, upon talking with Pat, she immediately put me at ease. She is knowledgeable about wedding gowns (accurately estimated the price of mine, asked great questions regarding the material), knowledgeable about the cleaning process (educated me on what this other "green" company likely used on my dress and how the dress was machine cleaned), and was honest about expectations regarding their capabilities. She walked me through how they would treat my dress.
    They don't use harsh chemicals (while not flaunting this "green" name). They meticulously hand wash all layers paying close attention to stains and also vulnerable areas that may turn over the years. And they take their time (several weeks, which shows the amount of care they give your dress).
    When I picked up my gown, I was almost in tears. It was the beautiful white it once was, no yellow spots, and the stains on the bottom from my wedding day were gone. Mrs Pat took the time to show me how to care for it in the future, including how to pack it in a safe box with acid-free tissue paper while using gloves and how often I should take it out to check it. THEY ARE MIRACLE WORKERS!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

I recently picked up my wedding gown after preservation and was stunned when
    the box was opened for me. The dress was so beautifully displayed. I can only describe the feeling as excitement without the anxiety of the upcoming wedding. I almost cried. The people that I worked with seemed sincerely concerned that my dress be as beautiful as possible. The dress took a little longer than expected. Oakwood seems to do a lot of dresses.

Sent on 12/06/2014