Oakwood Cleaners Reviews

Oakwood Cleaners 1
Oakwood Cleaners 2
  • W

Wink · Married on 10/21/2017

Rhonda and Pat at Oakwood are simply the best! The work they do and the customer service they provide is unparalleled by any cleaners I've ever been to. I've been a customer of Rhonda's since she began. I would never go anywhere else and I give Oakwood the highest possible recommendation!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Wink, this means so much. We enjoy seeing you when you come in and look forward to many more years! Rhonda

Mychal · Married on 10/15/2017

Take your wedding dress here; they are the best!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Thank you Mychal!

Shelby · Married on 06/17/2017

I had a lot of trouble dress shopping and could not find a wedding dress that I loved. My mother-in-law asked me if I would like to wear her 30-year-old wedding dress. She said I could alter it and make it however I wanted. I took it to a tailor and they helped me figure out how to make it the dress of my dreams. The problem was that it is a dress older than me and it had already been through one wedding. It needed some love. I took it to Oakwood before my wedding and they returned the shine and the beauty in the dress. It truly became the dress of my dreams.
    My dream dress took a beating during the reception from dancing and whatnot. Some of the original beads had come off, some of the original lace was torn, and the lace hem was so dirty. I thought I had ruined it. I was terrified. I took it back to Oakwood and they once again performed a miracle and the dress is back to being the dress of my dreams. They removed every single inch of dirt and it looks as if they found replacements for all of the original beads and helped restore every bit of the original lace. When I saw it I almost cried. When my mother-in-law saw it again, she did cry. She thought after two weddings there was no possible way to bring it back to life but we were so so so wrong. Oakwood has restored the dress of both of our dreams and has made it an heirloom that we will try to continue to pass down. Oakwood now has a place in my family forever and we can not thank them enough.

Oakwood Cleaners 3
    Oakwood Cleaners 4

Blair · Married on 07/30/2016

Oakwood Cleaners did an impeccable job on cleaning and preserving my wedding dress! For a fair price, they were able to transform my dress from the mess that it was at the end of my wedding night. I was so impressed with the packaging my dress will live in and the condition of the dress is as good as new! It's beautiful. Thanks so much for doing an amazing job!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Blair!!

MeriLee · Married on 10/24/2015

Whites dresses recommended oakwood to me for cleaning and preservation of my wedding gown and I couldn't be more pleased. All of the staff members were extremely helpful and kept me updated on the status of my gown, which turned out beautifully.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words MeriLee!! Happy New Year.

Deborah · Married on 06/27/2015

Oakwood Cleaners took meticulous care of my daughter's wedding gown, veil & the extra lace we purchased in case we needed it to remodel the dress for future generations.

Excellent preservation services! Well worth the price!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Barbara · Married on 07/18/2014

It is my pleasure to share my experience at Oakwood Cleaners (3 locations/Nashville metro) having the opportunity to observe a bridal gown cleaning and muslin preservation, a natural eco-friendly way to properly preserve wedding memories.

The intake and approval process is so thorough that after thoroughly inspecting the gown for tears, rips, stains, spots, even pin holes from safety pins, etc., it is then hand-sketched highlighting any areas that the cleaning experts need to be aware of to achieve optimal success in cleaning the gown.

During the muslin preservation process, the bridal gown specialist nets her hair and wears cotton gloves to prevent any body oils from being passed to the gown while it’s being preserved. Oakwood Cleaners are true wedding gown specialists and experts. The intensive labor required is truly a labor of love and artistry above and beyond the science.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara! We loved sharing our procedure with you.

molly · Married on 06/08/2014

My dress had a huge wine stain on the front and they worked with me to cover it up. Everything worked out wonderfully.

Tamara · Married on 05/31/2014

I had a very heavily beaded formal gown cleaned and restored by Oakwood and felt very confident with their quality of care and choose them to preserve my daughter in law's beautiful lace wedding gown. Rhonda was wonderful to work with from start to finish. Highly recommend.

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2014

I can't speak any higher of this company. I had a nightmare of an experience getting my wedding gown cleaned at another "green" company in Nashville back in 2015. I went to the other company first because they were "green" (I thought they didn't use harsh chemicals, etc) and because they were reasonably priced. When I picked up my gown, I immediately panicked. It was gray and no longer the beautiful white it once was. It looked like it had been dipped in dirty water (come to find out, it had!). And the stains at the bottom were exactly how they were when I dropped the gown off. After two months, the gown started developing yellow spots. I thought my $2500 wedding gown was ruined. That's until I went to Oakwood Cleaners!
    I was so hesitant because I didn't think anyone could fix it. However, upon talking with Pat, she immediately put me at ease. She is knowledgeable about wedding gowns (accurately estimated the price of mine, asked great questions regarding the material), knowledgeable about the cleaning process (educated me on what this other "green" company likely used on my dress and how the dress was machine cleaned), and was honest about expectations regarding their capabilities. She walked me through how they would treat my dress.
    They don't use harsh chemicals (while not flaunting this "green" name). They meticulously hand wash all layers paying close attention to stains and also vulnerable areas that may turn over the years. And they take their time (several weeks, which shows the amount of care they give your dress).
    When I picked up my gown, I was almost in tears. It was the beautiful white it once was, no yellow spots, and the stains on the bottom from my wedding day were gone. Mrs Pat took the time to show me how to care for it in the future, including how to pack it in a safe box with acid-free tissue paper while using gloves and how often I should take it out to check it. THEY ARE MIRACLE WORKERS!!

I recently picked up my wedding gown after preservation and was stunned when
    the box was opened for me. The dress was so beautifully displayed. I can only describe the feeling as excitement without the anxiety of the upcoming wedding. I almost cried. The people that I worked with seemed sincerely concerned that my dress be as beautiful as possible. The dress took a little longer than expected. Oakwood seems to do a lot of dresses.

Debra · Married on 03/29/2014

I highly recommend Oakwood Cleaners in Cool Springs for wedding gown preservation. When I first went to Oakwood Cleaners to inquire about their services, they took adequate time to explain their services, their pricing, and time frame. During my initial meeting, a bride stopped by to pick up her dress and I observed how they took personal interest in delivering a finished product to their customer.

When I went to pick up the dress, I again received excellent service and instructions on how to take care of the dress and veil when we open the box. Katie's wedding dress was very traditional and had a lot of beading. Her gown is beautifully preserved in an easy to store box which slips into a nice canvas envelope for storage and gloves are tucked inside the box in case you want to open the box and examine the gown.

It was a pleasure to work with the professional and courteous staff of Oakwood Cleaners. Thank you for helping us preserve a Lee family heirloom!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Debra! I will let the girls at the Cool Springs location know about this. Have a wonderful day.

Al · Married on 02/02/2014

Did a great job! Very professional

Rachel · Married on 11/09/2013

I loved working with Leana on my gown. She is the sweetest! Each time I came in there were a couple more little nips and tucks that needed to be altered leaving me a little hesitant throughout the fittings. But, on that last fitting it was absolutely PERFECT! She made my gown fit my body EXACTLY how I wanted it to and on the day of our wedding I felt completely comfortable and confident in it. The bustles stayed in and there wasn’t a single flaw. She does fabulous work and I’ll certainly send referrals your way :)

I just received my wedding dress back from Oakwood and it is more beautiful than I ever imagined!!! I was married outside and there was a lot of mud I never thought they would get it out. They good almost all of it out and it all of the wine( I spilled out of excitement). My dress was preserved so I can keep the memories clean and safe. I would recommend all brides to go see Rhonda and Rachel at Oakwood so they can work their magic. I am now getting all my dry cleaning done at Oakwood!!! Thanks you guys are the best!!!

Oakwood Cleaners was recommended to me by my sister after my daughter's wedding for cleaning and preserving the wedding gown. She had had a good experience with them cleaning and preserving her daughter's wedding gown. I also had a good experience and would recommend them to anyone that has an heirloom quality item that they want to preserve.

Kelly · Married on 07/21/2012

Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Deneal altered my (Sample Sale from The Bride Room) wedding gown from a size 10 to a size 2. It was cleaned before my wedding day and came out sparkling and beautiful. Also, she crafted the most unique and breathtaking bustle for my Amsale "Caroline" gown -- I almost love the pictures of my gown from behind the most!

Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Alterations and a good cleaning (and eventually preservation) are worth shelling out good money -- don't regret your decision by going to a cheaper cleaner!

Tuwanda · Married on 04/21/2012

I loved working with the staff at Oakwood Cleaners! Oakwood's seamstress Deneal did the alterations on my wedding gown. I lost a lot of weight for the wedding and my dress had to be taken in a little over 2 inches on both sides, it also needed to be hemmed, and the strapless bra sewn in. Deneal did a fantastic job with my dress! I looked incredible! It fit me like a glove! The dress was the highlight of my wedding and I have Deneal to thank for much of that. After the wedding I took my dress back to Oakwood Cleaners for them to clean it for me. I didn't have a lot of major spots, but there were definitely a few and the dress had also gotten dirty around the hem. When the dress was returned from being cleaned it looked like it did the day it arrived from the designer! I am so happy with the work, service and professionalism of the folks at Oakwood Cleaners!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about us. You know how much we appreciate you!

Katie · Married on 02/25/2012

For weeks after my wedding my designer dress hung in my house needing a lot TLC. I researched dozens of possible methods for cleaning, even considered doing it myself. I was ecstatic when I discovered Oakwood Cleaners. T

Oakwood offers free pick up and drop off services, wedding gown alterations and preparation. I took my dress in myself so I could get the run down on the cleaning and preservation process. First, the dress was fully inspected and a hand drawn sketch is marked with every area that needs attention, from rips and tears to any pleats out of place.

The cleaning process begins with "Green Earth Cleaning." Oakwood employees spot treat every trouble area by hand using eco-friendly chemicals. Next, the dress is put into a water free washing machine. Once the dress is out, the process is repeated if any spots remain. To maintain the integrity of the fragile fabrics, Oakwood waits a week between each cleaning to ensure that the dress is restored correctly (which is why they keep it up to three months). My veil went through a standard dry cleaning process while my newly cleaned dress was hand pressed from top to bottom.

A little less than three months later I picked up my dress that was stuffed with tissue paper and in a large acid-free box and tucked into a muslin bag. Oakwood suggests that you store your dress in a temperature controlled place and open the box at least once a year to inspect (with the white gloves provided) for discoloration, spots or moth holes. Oakwood Cleaners is the only cleaners in Nashville to be a member of the The Association of Wedding Gown Specialists. This guarantees against yellowing and carmelization and allows for a free pressing if the dress is needed in the future at any dry cleaner that is also a member, a very convenient option should I ever move. Oakwood was easy to work with, friendly and very informative about the process. My dress is perfectly preserved and looks like the day I bought it.

Anna · Married on 06/18/2011

Oakwood did a fabulous job cleaning the bridesmaids dresses that my daughters wore in a wedding. In addition, the staff was pleasant and easy to work with! Definitely recommend Oakwood!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Anna!!!! Have a great day.

Sara · Married on 04/02/2011

I got my wedding dress altered at Oakwood, along with having my mother's veil from 40 years ago restored for me to wear. Everything was perfect on my big day and my fittings were so stress free it was wonderful!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Sara, thanks so much for the review!!! Talk to sson.
  • tamimichelle

Tami · Married on 05/08/2010

Oakwood Cleaners did a fantastic job preserving my wedding gown!

Kumar, who works with Oakwood was so great to work with! He arranged for my gown to be picked up the day after my wedding & I had it back in just a few short weeks!!!

Do research on cost before you contact cleaners, as - you may be shocked! It is very expensive to get a wedding dress preserved the RIGHT way - but SO worth it!

Thanks Kumar! You rock!

Daniele · Married on 05/16/2009

Deneal Deangelo is an exceptionally talented seamstress. I had only heard great things about Oakwood Cleaners. I came to realize quickly that it is due to the mastery that Deneal possesses. Though price was not an issue (I didn't let that be a factor in choosing my wedding gown seamstress) I was pleasantly surprised at how fair the final charges were. The gown was done exactly on time and looked stunning.

In my opinion, there is no reason to look anywhere else.

Daniele LaFreniere
    Nashville, TN

Sent on 06/25/2009

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Daniele You are very kind. It was a pleasure working with you. I can not do what I do without the excellent support I get from the owners of Oakwood and the support of all the Oakwood staff.