O Frabjous Day Events

Oakland, CA View map
5.0 out of 5 rating

O Frabjous Day Events offers wedding and celebration planning, especially for LGBTQ couples. We are based in the Bay Area, but have worked with people all over the country. We use our talent and expertise to let you feel like a guest at your own event, and would love to help you create the perfect celebration to match your vision, personality, and budget.

My passion is helping people plan fabulous, meaningful, stress-free celebrations of all varieties.

I have been a Certified Wedding Planner for over twenty years. While I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area and love doing weddings here, I have also helped clients from Seattle, Washington to Washington, D.C. plan their events.

It is my honor to serve on the board of my local WIPA Chapter, the Wedding International Professionals Association, as the Director of Programs. WIPA’s mission is to provide industry leading education for our members, produce inspirational networking events and advance the ethical standards of the wedding industry.

My wife and I have been happily married for over fifteen years. Our wedding was the best day of our lives. I want to help you have the best day of your life, too!

Warmly,

Laura

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Full Planning
Partial Planning

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil

Message vendor

• Lara
    Lara H. Married on 07/17/2022

Laura is the best!

We worked with Laura for a little over a year leading up to our wedding and it was hands down the best wedding decision we made! From advising us on vendors to making budget-friendly decor recommendations, Laura's guidance helped us immensely throughout the planning process. As a queer couple, we also really wanted someone who could help us change or discard traditions that didn't work for us and instead create a celebration tailored to us, and help us avoid the most cis/heteronormative parts of weddings (tons of gendered language, prescriptive roles, etc.). Laura got it immediately and expertly helped us navigate the wedding world. She's also a real pro at navigating complicated family dynamics, which was so helpful. She asked all the right questions, kept us on top of things, and executed the logistics of our wedding day flawlessly. Laura is down-to-earth, trustworthy, dependable, and a true expert. I felt so at ease knowing we were in good hands with her. I could fill pages singing her praises, so suffice it to say--she's the best!
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Laura is a wedding wizard!

Working with Laura was truly fantastic. I am so thankful for her and her incredibly thoughtful planning process. Laura created a helpful timeline for planning, mapping out what comes first, what comes later and what to let someone else handle. I had no idea how many moving pieces were involved in having a wedding, and I was so grateful to turn the planning over the Laura who knew exactly what to do and was a true professional. She is joyful, communicative, and really good at what she does. I would recommend Laura to anyone.
  • Annie
    Annie B. Married on 09/07/2019

Planning a wedding in the Bay Area? You MUST pick Laura

Laura is a wedding magician. She made our wedding a dream come true, even while navigating 240 guests, a non-standard caterer, a multicultural custom ceremony in a planetarium, an outdoor parade, and a bride-groom dance in the dark while we wore neon light-up shoes. Many of our guests said it was the most fun wedding they attended, and I know it could not have been possible without Laura.

Laura LOVES weddings and turned otherwise tedious tasks fun- meaning that my husband and I could actually ENJOY wedding planning and focus on the fun stuff! She also is so organized (she has a MASSIVE binder for each couple) that very complex logistical items caused us zero stress because we knew Laura had it all under control. As an example, when we did our venue walk-through, she asked all the hard questions and my husband and I just sat back and enjoyed the view!

Laura takes on few clients each year so she can devote her all to them. It really showed. She is well worth the price, because then we could enjoy a smooth planning process and also make our wild creative dreams actually happen. We were lucky to have her.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Jim Vetter Photography Jim Vetter Photography Wedding Photographers

I photographed a destination wedding in San Francisco recently that was planned and organized by Laura at O Frabjous Day Events. She was a joy to work with before and during the event. She organized a San Francisco City Hall wedding for a couple from Liverpool England. They were completely taken care of and had the time of their lives. Laura is down to earth, positive, and funny. I hope to do another event with her very soon!

The Vegetarian Gourmet The Vegetarian Gourmet Wedding Caterers

I recently had the pleasure of working with Laura Brezel on a big outdoor wedding in Cupertino. Laura worked tirelessly to take care of every detail to make the event run smoothly. She helped make my job easier by asking lots of questions and helping to figure out logistics. She supervised the floor staff and ensured that the hosts and guests were able to enjoy their party -- she is a lovely person and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her services!

4200 Park Boulevard Suite 132, Suite 132 Oakland, CA, 94606
Location of (O Frabjous Day Events)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding