Bowling Green, VA 22427 Map · Phone number

About No Ordinary Ordained

No Ordinary Ordained non-denominational wedding officiant is a wedding service provider who truly believes it's your ceremony, your day, your words, your way. From traditional and romantic to personal and humorous, have your wedding where you want with the words you want. It's your day, don't let finding someone to preside over it dictate your dream ceremony coming true. I work with you to create your ceremony and make it as easy, stress-free, and fun as possible.

Inter-faith ceremonies; vow renewals; wedding renewals; commitment ceremonies; goth and most other themes; actual holiday weddings; last-minute civil and quick "courthouse" ceremonies; I am up for most all of it. I've officiated weddings at private residences, museums, Bed & Breakfasts, cemeteries, parking lots, prisons, parks, wineries, historical venues, and just about everywhere else. Please visit my website for photos and more information.

I live in Bowling Green, VA, but travel anywhere your wedding takes me. I am fully authorized to officiate ceremonies in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. (my main areas), but am also authorized in Pennsylvania, North & South Carolina, Florida, the Virgin Islands and most everywhere else too. E-mail, text, Skype and phone meetings are included with my services -- I do not place a limit on our communication as it is vital to get the vows and ceremony wording perfect for your day. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your wedding, please feel free to call, text, or email.

I'm a proud supporter of marriage equality and am LGBTQ wedding friendly, but I prefer to say I'm "love" friendly. Love is love - if you're happy, in love, and want to be married that's what is important to me.

Follow No Ordinary Ordained on

244 Reviews for No Ordinary Ordained

• Stacey

Stacey · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful non-traditional ceremony!

Tamara wrote the most beautiful, meaningful ceremony possible for us! We are not religious, and our wedding had a goth/Halloween theme, so that was a challenge! Our guests thought she was perfect, and we'll be forever grateful that she was a part of our marriage.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    No Ordinary Ordained 1

No Ordinary Ordained's reply:

Thank you so very much Stacey! I had an amazing time working with y'all and was thrilled for your goth/Halloween theme. It's always one of my fav's, and it's always fantastic to see couple's stay true to themselves. You two are so magical together!
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/09/2018

Tamara did an amazing job with our ceremony! She was very helpful giving me ideas and helping to edit bits and pieces I had found and liked. We wanted our ceremony to feel like us and it absolutely did! It was short and sweet and everything that we hoped it would be. We didn't meet in person until the wedding day, but it felt like she knew us because of the questions she asked and the time she took to learn what was important to us. Would absolutely recommend Tamara!

No Ordinary Ordained 2

Sheree · Married on 04/28/2018

Full disclosure, I know this officiant from outside the wedding world, so she was an obvious choice to officiate my wedding. That being said, she made the process smooth and easy, and I could tell it would be the same for any couple. After filling out the initial questionnaire, she gave me several wording samples that fit what I was looking for. I customized a couple into one, and she gave me great feedback on how to make it flow better for the ceremony. She always has ideas if you're looking for a unique spin on tradition, and can be as professional or as laid back as fits the mood. Our ceremony had a lot of sweetness and a little humor and turned out absolutely perfect for us as a couple.

Sent on 06/07/2018
    No Ordinary Ordained 3
    No Ordinary Ordained 4

No Ordinary Ordained's reply:

Thank you so much Sheree! That truly means a lot to me coming from you. Your wedding, celebration, friends and family added so much to who you two are as a couple and it was beautiful - and fun - to be a part of it all.

No Ordinary Ordained FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Taoist, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, DC, MD, MO, NC, SC, TX, VA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• MELBEE PHOTOGRAPHY LLC
    MELBEE PHOTOGRAPHY LLC Wedding Photographers

I highly recommend No Ordinary Ordained to all my couples. Tamara and her husband are both professional and personable and will make your ceremony extra special with personal touches. They allow photographers freedom in photographing your ceremony in an artistic manner and they truly want you to love your ceremony and feel comfortable standing in front of all your guests.

• Main Street Weddings & Events
    Main Street Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Tamara is a caring and FUN wedding professional that really knows her stuff. We always look forward to having the opportunity to work with her!

• Chamberlin Photography
    Chamberlin Photography Wedding Photographers

We have the privilege of knowing Tamara both professionally AND personally! She was actually our very own officiant, so we know how much time and effort she puts into getting to know her clients and personalizing vows that are so very meaningful... On a professional level, we've also photographed weddings that Tamara officiated... So, we've had the opportunity to see the same level of personal care, that she gave to us, given to other wedding couples on their very special days...

• Bowling Green, VA 22427 See on map