Long Beach, CA 90803 Map · Phone number

About nathanjaffan photography

Hi there, I'm Nathan: an Australian-native, So-Cal living wedding photographer who loves telling couples' love stories through photographs.

Put simply, I don't just want to take your photos, I want to get to know you. And just like any successful relationship, making sure we have a great rapport and you feel comfortable is my number one goal. You can ask me questions about Australia and I'll ask you to explain how American football works. Or you can make fun of my accent and I'll make fun of yours. You see, my only job is to capture images in which you are your most natural, relaxed self and that you'll want to keep for a lifetime. By the end of your event we'll laugh and hug and probably get immediate nostalgia looking at the camera's LCD together. But in addition to all the good times, I hope to have formed a friendship that will last as long as the memories we create on your day.

Everything starts with hello. I can't wait to meet you and get to know your story.

Let's start something great.

Nathan

47 Reviews for nathanjaffan photography

• Kathy

Kathy Dawson · Married on 09/09/2020

Photographer Extraordinaire!

Our experience working with Nathan was amazing! He has such an amazing talent behind the camera. Nathan took photos of my daughter's bridal shower and wedding that will be forever in our minds as he caught the REAL couple and the authentic moments between them. You can feel the love from his photos! His approach is down to earth and friendly which helps when you are getting two families together for the first time. Nathan has the ability to get everyone on the same page and smiling, and he even got my elderly father to smile! Now that was a miracle!

While researching photographers, many I looked at were ok but Nathan was the BEST in every category. Aside from the quality of his work, he collaborated with us on all things photography by explaining the processes, planning our timelines and scouting the venues for the best photo spots. His ability to know what to do when and why was remarkable. He was in contact with us every step of the way and promptly responded to emails, texts and phone calls. He even went above and beyond by sending care packages. His approach to customer service speaks for itself - it’s clear that Nathan truly cares about his clients and it shows!

Nathan has since become the person we will use to photograph all of our family events. We trust him explicitly to capture those genuine smiles. You will not regret hiring Nathan as he is all things wedding photography: experienced, smart, friendly, has vision of what YOU want and is flexible to do it your way. I can't say enough great things about Nathan. I’m just so happy he is our go-to guy from now on!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Leslie Zuniga · Married on 08/28/2020

Fun experience! I would do it all over again.

Nathan came in as a life saver for my Covid wedding. He were super flexible with everything, allowing me to build my expectations and revise it as necessary, which was a few times considering how quickly everything was changing this summer in terms of restrictions on weddings. The picture taking process was super time efficient without being rushed.
    This was my second time working with him and I'd choose him all over again. I found him through instagram nearly a year ago and his pictures were breathtaking. Aside from this being business he also has the personality to allow you to be yourself and have a great time taking pictures. My husband and I like his accent:) . What made me choose Nathan again is the fact that he's reliable, he responds to questions in a timely manner and he's a joy to have around. I'd recommend his services to anyone who's looking for a photographer that's reliable and creative.

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Dina

Dina Moll · Married on 01/10/2020

Exquisite photographer, no one else like him!

We found Nathan Jaffan through our band/DJ. After our initial email to him, we realized Nathan was incredibly responsive and thorough. We met in person shortly afterward, and left that meeting with a "there's no way we aren't hiring this guy!" A decision was made before we made the short walk back to our car!

In the months that followed, Nathan was meticulous in his planning. In fact, I would say that the flow of our day and most of the nitty gritty details were spearheaded by Nathan, and were expertly planned. Aside from the fact that his talent is unsurpassed, truly, he understands the demands of a wedding and planned our photos with such intricate detail. We felt totally relaxed, comfortable and thankful to have someone like Nathan in our corner. I didn't have a wedding planner, simply a day of coordinator at our venue, but Nathan's professionalism and thoughtfulness throughout our wedding day, and the planning period before made everything easy, fun and exciting! He also worked so well with our other vendors- each one of them making a point to pull Adam and I aside to tell us what a wonderful photographer he was to which we would reply, "Thanks! We 100% agree!"

For Adam and I, Nathan will become our lifelong photographer, for as long as he will have us! I would hire Nathan for any professional photographs, from a wedding, to a baby announcement, to family photos, etc. He is very quick to answer questions or address any concerns you might have, and finds solutions that you hadn't thought of on your own due to his attention to detail and high quality of customer service.

The images that Nathan took send me to happy tears each and every time I look at them, even months after our wedding. He was able to capture our love, and images of our family and friends in the absolute most perfect and realistic way. Through his pictures, we are transported back to the story of our day, and we will forever be indebted to Nathan for masterminding the entire event.

I would recommend Nathan to absolutely anyone thinking of hiring a professional photographer. There is truly no one else like him in this business.

Sent on 03/16/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

nathanjaffan photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 5200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6100.00
    Albums
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Video
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

• The Casitas Estate Mansion Weddings

We loved having the opportunity to work with Nathan Jaffan at a wedding held here at The Casitas --his images are bright and beautiful but also creative and fun -- he has a great eye and captures many amazing moments throughout the wedding. We also love that our LA based wedding couples can easily meet with him down in their area, do engagement shots, and then have Nathan up here in San Luis Obispo and the central coast capturing your destination wedding. We love Nathan and look forward to his return to the Casitas. We encourage you to check out his images and website. He's super friendly and generous to work with, which is another wonderful reason to reach out to Nathan!

• Long Beach, 90803 See on map
    Location of (nathanjaffan photography)