nathanjaffan photography Reviews

47 Reviews for nathanjaffan photography

• Kathy

Kathy Dawson · Married on 09/09/2020

Photographer Extraordinaire!

Our experience working with Nathan was amazing! He has such an amazing talent behind the camera. Nathan took photos of my daughter's bridal shower and wedding that will be forever in our minds as he caught the REAL couple and the authentic moments between them. You can feel the love from his photos! His approach is down to earth and friendly which helps when you are getting two families together for the first time. Nathan has the ability to get everyone on the same page and smiling, and he even got my elderly father to smile! Now that was a miracle!

While researching photographers, many I looked at were ok but Nathan was the BEST in every category. Aside from the quality of his work, he collaborated with us on all things photography by explaining the processes, planning our timelines and scouting the venues for the best photo spots. His ability to know what to do when and why was remarkable. He was in contact with us every step of the way and promptly responded to emails, texts and phone calls. He even went above and beyond by sending care packages. His approach to customer service speaks for itself - it’s clear that Nathan truly cares about his clients and it shows!

Nathan has since become the person we will use to photograph all of our family events. We trust him explicitly to capture those genuine smiles. You will not regret hiring Nathan as he is all things wedding photography: experienced, smart, friendly, has vision of what YOU want and is flexible to do it your way. I can't say enough great things about Nathan. I’m just so happy he is our go-to guy from now on!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Leslie Zuniga · Married on 08/28/2020

Fun experience! I would do it all over again.

Nathan came in as a life saver for my Covid wedding. He were super flexible with everything, allowing me to build my expectations and revise it as necessary, which was a few times considering how quickly everything was changing this summer in terms of restrictions on weddings. The picture taking process was super time efficient without being rushed.
    This was my second time working with him and I'd choose him all over again. I found him through instagram nearly a year ago and his pictures were breathtaking. Aside from this being business he also has the personality to allow you to be yourself and have a great time taking pictures. My husband and I like his accent:) . What made me choose Nathan again is the fact that he's reliable, he responds to questions in a timely manner and he's a joy to have around. I'd recommend his services to anyone who's looking for a photographer that's reliable and creative.

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Dina

Dina Moll · Married on 01/10/2020

Exquisite photographer, no one else like him!

We found Nathan Jaffan through our band/DJ. After our initial email to him, we realized Nathan was incredibly responsive and thorough. We met in person shortly afterward, and left that meeting with a "there's no way we aren't hiring this guy!" A decision was made before we made the short walk back to our car!

In the months that followed, Nathan was meticulous in his planning. In fact, I would say that the flow of our day and most of the nitty gritty details were spearheaded by Nathan, and were expertly planned. Aside from the fact that his talent is unsurpassed, truly, he understands the demands of a wedding and planned our photos with such intricate detail. We felt totally relaxed, comfortable and thankful to have someone like Nathan in our corner. I didn't have a wedding planner, simply a day of coordinator at our venue, but Nathan's professionalism and thoughtfulness throughout our wedding day, and the planning period before made everything easy, fun and exciting! He also worked so well with our other vendors- each one of them making a point to pull Adam and I aside to tell us what a wonderful photographer he was to which we would reply, "Thanks! We 100% agree!"

For Adam and I, Nathan will become our lifelong photographer, for as long as he will have us! I would hire Nathan for any professional photographs, from a wedding, to a baby announcement, to family photos, etc. He is very quick to answer questions or address any concerns you might have, and finds solutions that you hadn't thought of on your own due to his attention to detail and high quality of customer service.

The images that Nathan took send me to happy tears each and every time I look at them, even months after our wedding. He was able to capture our love, and images of our family and friends in the absolute most perfect and realistic way. Through his pictures, we are transported back to the story of our day, and we will forever be indebted to Nathan for masterminding the entire event.

I would recommend Nathan to absolutely anyone thinking of hiring a professional photographer. There is truly no one else like him in this business.

Sent on 03/16/2020

Leslie Corado · Married on 11/24/2019

Fun experience! I would do it all over again.

Nathan took our engagement photos a few weeks ago.
    I chose Nathan as our photographer because i was confident based on the pictures I saw on his website, that he his way around the camera. The more pictures I saw the more I became drawn to his work. Aside from him taking beautiful pictures, we also enjoyed his charisma and his straight forward directions. He made our first time experience for both me and my fiance photo session a fun experience to remember. We would definitely do it again. We recommend Nathan's services to anyone who wants to take beautiful memorable pictures. Whether it's engagement, wedding, maternity or family pictures. He will make the best of it. Nathan has the perfect balance of being efficient, professional and funny. He has the perfect personality to be a photographer. He was able to capture all the images we wanted and the pictures came out better than i expected. Looking forward to working with him again in the future.

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Song · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely the best photographer in the business!

I cannot say enough good things about working with Nathan! I chose to work with him based on his beautiful archive of past weddings. He is very skilled at capturing true, authentic moments between two people who love one another. I love the photos he captured for our shoot on 10/23/19.

My favorite thing about working with Nathan is his precise attention to detail and his prompt delivery of edited photos. He was seamless in his skill during the shoot and delivered the edited photos right away.

I would recommend Nathan to all my dear friends and family. I trust him and I know he would deliver the most beautiful photos. He is also extremely professional and prompt with his responses to any questions, emails, texts or phone calls.

Lastly, I think the most important think to know about working with Nathan is to have faith that you can trust him. He will see and capture the most authentic moments and they will powerfully resonate through the photo.

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Dori

Dori Daniels · Married on 09/21/2019

Great to work with and beautiful photos!

Nathan was great from start to finish - he was very flexible and willing to work with us as we planned a wedding in CA from NYC. He truly cares about the couples & families he works with, and the quality of the photos is amazing! I love his bright, timeless editing style that will never be "out of style". My maid of honor's sister is getting married next year and will now be using him as well since she loved the pics so much!!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Anastasia

Anastasia DeWitt · Married on 04/27/2019

Nathan made our wedding day even better...

Nathan’s wonderful photography speaks for itself. His personality and approach made our wedding day that much better. He was respectful of our event while able to capture special moments. He was both professional and flexible to our changing needs the day of. He made everyone feel comfortable. After our wedding, guests complimented him and we planned to schedule anniversary photos with him, before we saw our wedding photos.

I initially found Nathan because he’s a preferred photographer of our wedding venue, Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach. I researched them all and liked what I would call his natural style. His photography is not overly produced and you can tell everyone is genuinely enjoying themselves. When I contacted him I knew we had found our wedding photographer. Communication throughout the process was impeccable. Just what a bride needs! We look forward to working with him in the future.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi Wharton · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding photographer

I found Nathan on the vendor list at our gorgeous venue in Laguna Beach! The second I talked to him in the phone I knew this was a great match! He was extremely responsive, prepared and thorough from the beginning all the way to the end! Our wedding photos are breathtaking and he captured every beautiful moment! My guests lived working with him as well! He kind, patient, professional and extremely talented!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Kim Blackwell · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectionist

Nathan is a perfectionist. Everything he does from the way he carries himself to the work he presents to the product he produces is top notch. He is very responsive, and he was well prepared for our big day. I am the kind of person who is “on top of it” and I felt like Nathan was right there with me. I would highly recommend Nathan Jaffan.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Jasmine · Married on 06/16/2018

Please take the time to read this review. If I could give Nathan 11/10 stars, I would. My wife and I found him by chance at a wedding expo in Orange County, CA. We won his services for a free engagement shoot, and he won us over. After that photography session, we immediately knew that we had to have him for our wedding. We had interviewed a few other photographers, but nobody even compared to his positive attitude, artistic ability, and a stern “take charge” attitude, which we appreciated on our busy and hectic wedding day. We loved how kind and personal he was, and how he listened to our wants and wishes. Also, when my parents passed away before the wedding, he took the time to call and send a card. We were very touched. He even sent us wine and movie tickets a week before the wedding to relax! I would absolutely recommend him to everyone and anyone.

But down to business, he was very responsive to emails and phone calls. But we loved that he was willing to come to us to meet in person. We were very busy, so it helped that he met us locally to plan out all the details. Come our wedding day, all his planning payed off. We did not have a single photography issue on our wedding day, which was amazing. He worked well with gathering our family, friends, and bridal party for all the photos we wanted. He also synced perfectly with our Videographer, DJ, etc. Most importantly, our images turned out beautifully. We couldn’t be happier with how elegant, crisp, and high quality our photos turned out. In our opinion, the photographer is one of the most important elements of a wedding to forever capture those special moments, and Nathan did that for us. He went above and beyond, and we couldn’t be happier. We have been married for 3 months and are already contacting him to plan our maternity photos. Please do yourself a favor and hire Nathan Jaffan to photograph your special day. You will be glad you did!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Katie

Katie Kissee · Married on 06/02/2018

Katie & Daniel

Nathan was wonderful to work with, he is extremely dedicated to what he does and made the planning easy up to the day! He went to the venue ahead of time to scout out the location and ideal shots for photos, which I feel went above and beyond. Nathan is very professional. The small details and presentation that he provides with his services are wonderful! He worked very well with our videographer and other vendors the day of the wedding! Our wedding timeline was very tight the day of, so the only thing I would consider would have been to use a second shooter just to alleviate some time. Nathan captured wonderful images of the day and I would recommend him to capture your day!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/20/2018

Nathan is the most amazing, kind, and professional photographer! He was so easy to work with and accommodating and even took detail and family photos that we had not specifically requested and I'm so glad I have now!! In less than one week after our wedding, Nathan had our highlight photos over to us and they are so perfect, we cannot wait to see the rest! Not only is his work unbelievable, but he made our time taking photos so much fun!

I can't imagine entrusting our wedding day to anyone else and will forever be grateful to Nathan for the photos and memories we will cherish for the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Proud · Married on 05/05/2018

I found Nathan because I used to work with his wife, and picked him to photograph our wedding over everyone else because he did one of my best friend's weddings and I LOVED his pictures! He has such a talent and eye for gorgeous shots and was a joy to work with. He is super responsive, made the process stress-free and really takes into consideration the couple's wishes. He puts in so much research and work to perfectly capture the day and we couldn't have asked for better pictures. Nathan is worth every penny!!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Candice · Married on 11/16/2017

Nathan is an absolutely amazing photographer! Any time we need photos taken in our family, we got straight to him! He did my sisters wedding photos and also photos of my nephew for his first birthday. Just last month, he photographed my husband and my wedding!

Nathan pays great attention to details and always makes sure to capture the specific poses you are looking for and even the candid ones. He is very patient (even when you’re running extremely behind) and always makes people laugh to get that real big smile! He also works well with other vendors!! I would and have recommended Nathan to all my friends and family and cannot say enough great things about him. If you’re looking for a photographer who has everything you could possible want, look no more!!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Tatiana Lowe · Married on 11/11/2017

Wedding Pics

We found Nathan through a friend who knew his work. I hired him the same day I interviewed him. He is warm and friendly - and made you feel very comfortable. And he’s tall which is an added plus for the high angle shots :) I especially loved the pictures of the getting ready and venue - he captured those moments beautifully!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Natalia · Married on 10/14/2017

Wow! Where do I begin?! I can't say enough great things about Nathan! From our very first meeting with him, to the actual wedding day, to the weeks following our big day, he was nothing short of amazing. Not only was he great to work with simply based on his fun and witty personality, he exudes the utmost professionalism! Which means so much to me, especially when it is something as special as your wedding day! My husband and I aren't much for the spotlight or being in posed photos. Nathan made it easy and more importantly, he made it fun! He accommodated all of our requests and took charge, so we never felt like we had to ask or remind him to do anything! One of my biggest concerns about the wedding was having to be in front of the camera, but honestly it turned out to be one of the most seamless parts of our wedding. Not once did I worry about the photography. I just knew Nathan would deliver only the best. You can tell he loves what he does and takes it very seriously. He wants you to have the best of the best and he strives to make sure everything is perfect! He always responded to emails and texts and we received our photos very soon after our wedding, which is amazing considering it was the holiday season and the busiest time of the year! Our photos turned out beautiful! We could not possibly be happier! I actually like the pictures I'm in, which is never the case for me! Haha! I'd recommend Nathan to anyone I know. He's skilled at his craft, he delivers the best, and he's a blast to be with! We look forward to having him take our photos for the next chapter of life--kids!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Sung-Hee · Married on 06/11/2017

Where do I begin?! Nathan is the most amazing photographer!!!! My husband and I immediately fell in love with one of his pictures displayed at the Old Ranch Country Club before ever meeting him. Luckily, we had the opportunity to meet him at a Bridal show the venue was hosting, and he ended up being exactly what we were looking for - talented, easy to talk to and genuine. Nathan definitely loves what he does and it comes across because he wants you to have the best wedding pictures that you'll remember for the rest of your life! Compared to the other photographers, the quality of Nathan's pictures stood out right away. Anyone can just take a picture, but it takes a really talented person to be able to capture those "special" moments. My husband and I have never had professional photos taken, so we were a little nervous but Nathan made it such a fun and wonderful experience! We couldn't stop smiling and laughing for most of the shoot. We loved him so much that we had him take our engagement and wedding photos! Honestly, Nathan goes above and beyond just being a photographer for you. He works with you and guides you throughout the whole process from first meeting to making sure the pictures you receive are of the highest quality. If anything, he will be your biggest cheerleader on one of the most exciting and important days of your life! Even after the pictures are taken, Nathan is on top of it and will have the photos ready for you in a timely manner and the process of picking and placing the order is a breeze! The only hard part is trying to pick which pictures to put in the album because there are so many you'll love! My girlfriends wish that they had used Nathan for their weddings and I could go on and on, but his pictures really speak for themselves! My husband and I feel so blessed that we had Nathan and he will be our photographer for life! He is worth every penny plus more!!!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Jeni · Married on 05/26/2017

Nathan was on the recommended list of vendors for Old Ranch Country Club in Seal Beach. I met with a few other photographers, but felt the most comfortable and excited about working with him. He is a very likable guy who spent a lot of time getting to know us and wanted to learn about what we expected of our big day and what we wanted our pictures to capture. Plus, he made me feel confident that he would take care of everything....and he did not disappoint. He is very organized and provided us with lots of tools to help us plan our day. He worked with the venue, florist, musician and Officant directly, without being asked.

We did an engagement session, which gave us great photos and also was good practice for our big day. The pictures from our wedding were not only beautiful, they were fresh, original and very creative. Nathan he was very responsive and kept in contact with us throughout the entire process with little notes and personal advice for the bride and groom to be. Plus, we had a lot of fun with him as did our wedding guests.

I hope we get the opportunity to work with Nathan again in the future and would with confidence recommend him.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Susan · Married on 03/25/2017

Nathan was Fantastic! Todd and I did a destination ceremony in Laguna Beach so only met with Nathan a few times before the ceremony and the day could not of been better. We let him direct us on what needed to happen and followed his timeline which worked out perfect. He spent the entire day with us even stayed until the very end, Midnight! Every guest commented how much they liked him and how professional he was.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Tyler · Married on 11/12/2016

Nathan had done my now sister in-law's wedding a few years back and has since been the photographer for a number of weddings within the group. Given we were already familiar with his work there wasn't any hesitation in choosing him as our photographer as well. From the first meeting till now Nathan goes out of his way to understand what you're looking to capture and to make you feel comfortable. During the rehearsal and wedding he was running all over the place to make sure he captured as many of the moments as possible. To complicate things we had a destination wedding but thanks to his planning ahead of time we knew the 'must have' shots so we were able to get those out of the way with ease despite the madness/partying taking place. Whether prior to or post wedding - Nathan has always been extremely responsive and accommodating makes sure any questions or concerns were addressed. His energy and professionalism compliment one another very well, we would definitely recommend Nathan to other friends as they tie the knot in the future.

Sent on 02/11/2017
  • O

Omar · Married on 07/03/2016

Nathan was truly the best choice we could have made to photograph our wedding. His kindness, personal attention, and willingness to help us make the day truly special went above and beyond what we expected. What sets Nathan apart is that he truly becomes a friend who wants things to work out perfectly just as much as you do. Oh, and his pictures look stunning too. You won't be disappointed! Thanks again Nathan for everything, and I'm glad we still have our own book to look forward to!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Deborah · Married on 06/25/2016

NathanJaffan Photography was a wonderful decision for our daughter's wedding day. Nathan's pictures captured the true feeling of the day. His pictures told a story of the entire day. He was professional but warm and caring. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/25/2016

Nathan is beyond TOP NOTCH! For any bride/groom starting to plan their wedding and thinking about what is high priority on the list, photos always make the cut. I knew I wanted someone who I felt comfortable with, who's photos captured the day and told the story from beginning to end, and didn't break the bank. I started searching FB and remembered seeing a few of my friend's wedding photos that I just loved! Ironically, Nathan was the photographer for both of those weddings, and they didn't even know each other. I knew I had to meet with him. After grabbing coffee with him and my mom at our venue site, my mom and I knew he would be perfect. He is personable, highly talented and professional, easy going, and fun! He made me feel at ease immediately and we booked him right then and there. BEST DECISION I could have made. From our engagement photos, where he gave us each a cute "survival pack" for the day, to the way he packages his products, writes a personalized note, and keeps you in the loop of timing and how the day is going to flow, Nathan truly captured our big day perfectly. I highly recommend Nathan Jaffan Photography for anyone who is looking for the complete package, from the quality of the photos, to the price, to the prompt communication, and most of all, to a fun and friendly photographer, Nathan is the best around! I will definitely be using him in the future for Baby photos and Holiday cards, too!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Devin · Married on 10/17/2015

Nathan is a very special photographer. He takes a genuine interest in his work and his clients. He continues to surprise you with gifts before, during and even after the wedding including posts on his social media wishing us well, etc.

Nathan was very prompt with every correspondence. He is passionate about all of his couples and really gets to know them and how they are on camera. I highly suggest doing the engagement shoot with him so that everyone can get used to the way the others work in a photo shoot setting. I feel like our wedding day went a lot smoother because of this. He also came up a couple weeks before the wedding so we could visit the venue at sunset and search for good shot locations. It was extremely helpful and made the day of go smoother for everyone.

Nathan was very fun and friendly with all of the guests and planners. He was the perfect mix of professional and playful, which can be very helpful when you are in a pinch for time the day of and are stressed because of it. He really lightens the mood and makes things fun!
    If you really like sunset photos, he is definitely the guy you want. All of his photos turned out exceptional, but he really knows how to play with the backlight and use the setting sun to create photos that are absolutely breathtaking.

All in all, Nathan is genuine, and an awesome person to work with… and you would be really lucky to have him as your photographer for your special day!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Della · Married on 10/17/2015

Nathan is a gifted photographer who captures the personality of each bride and groom. I was totally impressed with his work. The stunning photos of my daughter made me cry. The photos with her and her groom were over and above my expectations, truly beautiful. He has a knack for using the setting sun which takes your breath away. Nathan also did my daughters engagement photos, it was a great way to test his skills and relax the bride and groom. The problem is I loved them all so much I had a difficult time choosing my favorite. I wish I had more wall space. I highly recommend Nathan Jaffan. PS I found Nathat while on FB when a friend posted a relatives wedding photos.

Sent on 12/12/2015