9201 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 2

About Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar

Mrs K's features one of the most radiant gardens in downtown Silver Spring. It is an attaction for weddings, reunions, family gatherings, showers, business meeting, and many nore. From late Spring to mid-October you will experience a manicured array of black eyed Susan, coxcomb, impatiens, hibiscus, begonias. Our rooms have floor to ceiling windows which providea front row seats view over looking the gadens.

Whether you want a small intimate OR the whole faimly wedding Mrs K's is the place! We can make your speical event most memorable to you, family, and friends.

Follow Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar on

Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 6
Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 7

Peggy Stacy · Married on 05/18/2019

Fantastic baby shower

We held a baby shower at Mrs. K, not a wedding. We planned the entire event from across the country and thanks to Tisheeka Wallace, everything was absolutely perfect. Right from the very start, Ms. Wallace inspired confidence. I had a lot of questions about utilizing the space well, about making sure we served a festive and delicious brunch buffet that was uniquely “Maryland,” about timing, and about bring in and setting up a lot of decorations. Tisheeka answered every single question in record time, over a period of months. She was always enthusiastic about brainstorming with me and offered wonderful suggestions. She knows her stuff. She could not have been any nicer, or more efficient and true to her word, she was fully in charge of the situation the minute we arrived on the day of the shower. The servers were also friendly, professional and set a nice tone. I would not have changed a single thing.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Bui · Married on 09/29/2018

The perfect wedding day!

This was the best day I could have imagined. Tisheeka and her staff took care of everything and I felt completely stress-free the whole day. Throughout the planning process, Tisheeka was very responsive. I must have emailed her over a hundred times for the past year. She was very helpful, offered her thoughts when asked, and let us make the final call.

We lucked out and got the perfect weather--low 70s and sunshine. We had a brunch wedding that went from 12-4:30pm. My bridesmaids and I arrived at 7am to get our hair and makeup done at the venue. She was so gracious and arrived early to open the venue for us and served us coffee and tea.

Her and her staff took care of everything. We had corn hole boards during the cocktail hour, which they setup. They also helped us setup our polaroid guest book outside and moved inside once the reception started. When it was time to move the cards and gifts box, they asked our maid of honor and best man to do it, which was very thoughtful. That definitely shows we can trust them.

Our guests loved the food and by the end, we left and everything was taken care of. Can't rave enough about Mrs. K's. Not only is it great service from everyone there, but how affordable the venue is. Such a hidden gem. Wish people knew more about this place!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 16
    Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 17
    Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 18

Marty · Married on 06/23/2018

We chose Mrs. K's for our ceremony and reception because their grounds are incredibly beautiful, and conveniently located in the DMV area. I had no idea how spectacular Tisheeka and her staff would be!

Other reviews here mention that Tisheeka and her staff took care of every little thing, but I was repeatedly stunned at how much that really was the case. I had planned to have the groom and his groomsmen help with setup (cards/gifts tables, escort cards, table numbers, etc.) but Tisheeka insisted that there was no need, and handled every little thing perfectly. The groom and I and our entourages just had to show up, take pics, and wait for the ceremony. When it was time for that, she personally told every member of the wedding party where to be so as to avoid anyone seeing me, and told everyone where to gather, when/where to walk, etc. She even fixed my train and veil before sending me out the door and down the aisle!

During our outdoor cocktail hour, it started to rain lightly, and I was panicking about our guestbook fingerprint tree getting rained on. Before I could flag someone down to ask to have it brought inside, I saw that it had already been taken care of. There were countless things like this that reinforced over and over that I really did not have to worry about a single detail. Tisheeka and her staff not only went above and beyond, but her staff were lovely and my guests loved them. They were so friendly, yet professional, and my friends quickly made friends with the bar staff, who was delightfully charming.

At the end of the night, we sadly did our sendoff and went back inside to break down our decor and box it all up to leave. Best surprise of the evening -- it had already been boxed up for us, exactly the way we had boxed it up before the wedding! Words cannot express how wonderful Tisheeka and her staff were for our wedding, and that on top of being a beautiful venue. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/29/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,615.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,083.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 12.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Garden, Historic Building, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Flatware, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 1
    -10%
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Mrs. K's Restaurant and Barrel Bar 2
    Event Promotion

Plan your wedding or speical occasion with us in the year 2019, you will will receive 10% off of your food & beversges minimum sale. Call 301-589-3500 to get more details.

• 9201 Colesville Road Silver Spring, MD, 20910 See on map