Micah J Photography / Photobooth Fun LA

Micah J Photography / Photobooth Fun LA

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Micah J Photography / Photobooth Fun LA

Los Angeles Wedding Photographer. Photjournalistic. Contemporary.

My objective is to capture emotions, rather than just taking ‘pictures’.

I don’t want to be just another photographer. My passion for this art is endless, and my goal is to have a unique style that everyone can appreciate.

Contemporary style and Photojournalism is my approach.

I am in love with wedding photography. It’s my favorite thing to photograph. Nothing compares to capturing something so cherished, so momentous, so timeless.

Based in Detroit, but currently in Los Angeles. Willing to travel to other cities.

Rates start at $1,500.

*Also offering an open/closed photobooth

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Albums (1)
Canvas (1)
Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)

If you choose Micah, you can rest easy knowing that he is professional, experienced, and takes his work seriously. My wife and I got married about 3 months ago and we had a great experience with Micah and his photography business. I'll break the review into three categories: Micah, himself; the photos; and the pricing.

Micah was very professional, prompt, and easy going. He would always respond to our emails within a reasonable time and would be honest about when he could deliver any of the pictures. He was flexible with our schedule and even shot our awesome engagement photos with just a couple days notice. He even worked while on vacation to send me some photos for the thank you cards.

The photos that he took for the wedding day and engagement were fantastic and both my wife found many photos that we wanted in the album. It's actually a problem because I'm not sure how we will narrow them down to 50. On the wedding day, Micah and his back up were on time, worked their magic even while we were hectically running around, and even took some more shots after it was all over. To be honest, the location we had at the hotel to shoot at wasn't the prettiest by any stretch but Micah made it work well.

Micah's pricing was very reasonable. We had him for engagement photos, wedding photos, a photo booth, and a wedding album.

In short, it was a pleasure to work with Micah and I definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Michael, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Thank You Cards

I got married two weeks ago & I can't wait to gush about all of my amazing wedding vendors, starting with Micah J Photography.

Micah sent me a sneak peak collage of my wedding photos the LITERAL day after the event! This reconfirmed to me that I absolutely made the right decision in booking Micah. Not only did he capture the photojournalistic look I was going for, I knew I wouldn't need to wait an entire year for my photos.

I had an action-packed wedding date complete with a 10-page minute-to-minute timeline (trust me, it helps make your day run smoothly). I was mentally prepared for things to go wrong & for us to be behind schedule but my bridal party & vendors were all punctual & everyone followed my timeline. Micah punctually showed up to my hotel room for my getting ready photos with a second shooter and his equipment promptly at 8:30 PM and stayed until the party ended at 11 PM.

It was a long, hot day but Micah and his second shooter, JD, shot without complaint. They took a lot of care to set up our first look & then indulged the guys by shooting their bromantic photos. I had a really small wedding so during the reception, every time I wanted a group photo, I didn't have to wait more than 30 seconds for a photo. I kept trying to convince them to eat during the reception and they were just so dedicated to capturing the event.

I sent him an email asking him to work on a 1-2 photos I could use for my thank you cards. He sent me an immediate reply for when he would get them done by followed by 10 photos! I've dealt with a lot of wedding vendors and it's important to find ones who are responsive.

Micah is super sweet! He's professional, punctual, highly responsive, and most importantly, he will capture the special moments during your day with such artistic flair! He is also incredibly reasonably priced so you should book & book now!

Profile Picture User4082035, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Micah traveled to Michigan to shoot our wedding. He was flexible, helpful and very professional yet fun! His talent and love shows through his work. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. His pricing was very reasonable as well! I'd recommend his services to anyone!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/5/13, 1 Review

Flush Mount
Negatives
1 AWARD

1 ENDORSEMENT
I have worked with Micah for multiple weddings in Michigan since 2011. He recently moved out to California, but we try to work together when possible. He is always well-prepared, dependable, and delivers high quality wedding photos on a consistent basis. I highly recommend him for weddings & portraits in California or travel. Take a look at his work on his website - it speaks for itself.

Events