North Kingstown, RI, Newport, RI 02852 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,800
Availability Check your date
  • Deals 1

About Melody Pilling Photography

Melody Pilling Photography is a documentary-style photographer for couples on their wedding day in the Newport, Rhode Island area. This photographer and company owner, Melody Pilling, aims to capture real and powerful emotions on a couple’s wedding day, while using the available scenery and natural light to add authenticity to each shot. She covers weddings throughout New England and the state of New York from her homebase in Rhode Island.

This photographer captures every image of a couple’s ceremony and reception with a photojournalistic eye for the important moments. She shoots in styles that are contemporary, natural, and vintage. Melody Pilling Photography can also use film styles for the couple’s big day. Not only can couples use this photographer for their wedding photographs and portraits, they can also hire her for their boudoir shoot, engagement shoot, and trash the dress shoot. Working on photoshoots before the wedding with the couple helps Melody learn how to best work with each person and thus get the best wedding photographs when the big day arrives. Other services offered by this photographer include:

• Additional hours
  • Second shooter
  • Slideshow
  • Toning

Other Services
Couples can receive digital files of their wedding photographs for the most immediate and comprehensive access to the images. Couples can also order print products through this photographer, including options such as:

• Albums

Melody Pilling Photography 5
  • Lisa

Lisa Biancalana · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Words Can't Describe Mel's Talent

Truly, words cannot express how wonderful our photos are and how much we love Mel. I know my fiancé was a bit apprehensive about the entire idea of engagement photos, but now he’s smiling ear to ear! Mel made our engagement shoot easy, fun, and natural. She is focused on making sure you have the best possible experience for whatever occasion you are celebrating. Now, I can't wait to get these printed and on our wall! Mel, thank you so much! We hope to see you again in just about a year. :)

Melody Pilling Photography 6
    Melody Pilling Photography 7
    Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Emily

Emily Oas · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Photographer in New England, hands down.

Hiring Melody for my wedding photography was pure fate - she commented on a thread I posted in a NH bride group asking for photographer recommendations. I was flooded with B-Grade, non-prof hobbyists offering services via their iPhones & was so frustrated with the waste of my time that I went to delete the post. Mel was the last person to comment before I did so & her website thumbnail intrigued me. The rest of the booking fell into place, she worked with our budget, took notes of our theme & overall hopes for the photos we wanted out of our wedding, we connected over our family’s (& her personal!) military experiences & our love of animals & nature. I followed every one of her social media posts leading up to my big day, so excited for my own beautiful photos & she did not disappoint last weekend.
    She was engaging, fun & I could completely be myself around her as I got ready with my best girl friends (I felt like Mel was a close friend - hence me forcing her to participate in our prosecco toast!) and when it came time for our couple photos, she killed it. She captured one of the most tender, emotional moments I have had with my husband, she instructed us on how to pose without making us feel uncomfortable, she laughed with us & cried when my Grandpa & I cried. I honestly feel more as though she is a good friend than someone I hired to do a service for me at my wedding.
    She captured the most beautiful light, trees, foliage & nature that our venue offered. She was patient in us trying to corral our large families, and she knew what friends to find to track us down.
    Melody will absolutely be my go-to photographer for any other important life events & I will be telling ALL of my New England friends to book with her. I could not have asked for a more perfect day & Mel’s talent, professionalism, promptness, patience & communication skills were the icing on top of our invisible wedding cake (we had pie & donuts!).
    BOOK MELODY. Do not penny pinch on something that will last you a lifetime, preserve memories & something you will always remember your special day with. She is absolutely worth every cent + more.

Melody Pilling Photography 8
    Melody Pilling Photography 9
    Melody Pilling Photography 10
    Sent on 10/22/2019

Melody Pilling Photography's reply:

Ahhhh bawling! I have so many emotions. I am so grateful to have been chosen as your photographer. You guys are full of life and I have never seen so many smiles or heard so much laughter. It was truly so amazing to be there capturing it all! THANK YOU SO MUCH EM!!
  • Kiana

Kiana VanderStaay · Married on 09/27/2019

A dream to work with!

Melody came recommended through Facebook from another bride-to-be and once we saw her website and amazing work, we knew we needed to hire her! She customized a package to fit exactly what we needed and was very helpful throughout all the planning. She is very down to earth and gave us a lot of direction the day of, which is exactly what we needed to get the best shots. Our "teaser" photos are so perfect, we are dying to see the rest and can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Melody Pilling Photography's reply:

Kiana! You made my day, thank you so much! I am so glad you love your images so far! I can truly see how in love you two are and it was such an honor to capture these memories for you

Melody Pilling Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3800.00
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
    Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Save the Date

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Melody Pilling Photography 1
    Active Duty, Police and/or Veteran Discount
    My husband and I are proud to have served this country, and believe if you are a veteran or are currently serving on active duty or police force you deserve some goodies! You will receive 15% off whichever wedding package you choose!

• North Kingstown, RI Newport, RI, 02852 See on map