New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20904 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Melodies by Meg (String Instruments)

Melodies by Meg was started in 2001 by professional violinist Meg McGath. Meg has been playing weddings since 2000. At Melodies by Meg we employ only the best; our musicians are highly qualified and experienced string players with degrees from various music schools. Violinist Meg has played at The John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, traveled to Europe with various Orchestras, performed at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda Maryland. She was a winner of The Young Artists in the Community competition presented by WGMS (D.C. Metropolitan Area) in 2001 as lead violinist of the Blake Quartet. As part of winning the competition they were invited to play on the Millennium Stage at The Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. She has received numerous awards such as the National School Orchestra Association Award and was selected for the National Chamber Orchestra Summer Institute and the National Symphony Orchestra Young Associates Program. She completed her study in violin with Dr. Zoltan Szabo at Towson University in 2008. She now is the leader of a local string quartet which performs at yearly church services at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.

Melodies by Meg (String Instruments)

3 Reviews for Melodies by Meg (String Instruments)

David · Married on 10/04/2008

Meg provided solo violin music for our processional and recessional. She sounded great! She was very responsive to our emails and phone calls. She traveled about 30 miles to our event. She was on time and flexible. We whole heartedly recommend her to anyone looking for elegant music for their event.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Marcia · Married on 09/27/2008

Meg was awesome. She was very professional and her music mad my wedding a very sophisticated affair. Thanks Meg.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Melodies by Meg (String Instruments)'s reply:

Wow! Thanks for the great review! I appreciate it. I loved your flowers and color choice. Purple is my favorite color. Absolutely beautiful. Keep in touch and thanks again!

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2008

I was somewhat overwhelmed but from what I do remember, the ceremony music was beautiful. Meg was easy to work with and did not ask for a lot of direction. I would highly recommend her if you want to add a classy touch to your ceremony.

Sent on 09/30/2008

Melodies by Meg (String Instruments)'s reply:

Thank you for the great review. I really enjoyed your ceremony. The sand glasses was something new. I really liked the idea behind it. The two becomes one. It was a great wedding and I enjoyed playing for you. Thanks again!

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Merci BeauCoup Wedding and Events
    Merci BeauCoup Wedding and Events Wedding Planners

Meg did ceremony music for a wedding I planned that took place Jan. 26, 2008. She was very professional and played beautifully. She would be an asset to any event. Thank you for a job well done Meg.

• New Hampshire Ave Silver Spring, 20904 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Email is the best way to reach me; [mcgath.m@gmail.com]