Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Melissa Tuck Photography

I'm Melissa, and I am a visual storyteller based in the Baltimore, MD area, who specializes in documentary wedding photography and portraiture. I am passionate about telling peoples' stories fully and authentically from a unique perspective. I love what I do, and I would be honored to share in your special day.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Additional Hours (1)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)

I am familiar with Melissa's work so she was a shoe-in to be our photographer. But I have to say- with authenticity- she exceeded our expectations even beyond what we had imagined. First, we are amazed at all of the shots she managed to get. Even during a single moment like the toasts or the ceremony- she captured everything from so many different angles, and we are thoroughly impressed. I didn't even remember her peeking up during our vows, but there the pictures are, from such a close angle. Incredible! Second, we are stunned by her creativity. She captured so many amazing shots with such creativity, and we are so grateful that we get to benefit from her talents! From the ring pictures to the detail pictures to the editing she did with lighting just right and everything- it's such artwork, and we love it. Third, she did everything we asked (and more!). I feel like we stacked the deck high for her to capture all of our portraits and candid and details, but she got it all. The day was such a blur to us that it's so neat to go back and see the pictures of all the food (because we forgot what it looked like) and the décor (because I never really got to take it all in). It truly helps us understand what the day was like for guests. Lastly, Melissa captured such sweet, wonderful moments throughout the day that truly bring emotions up while viewing them. So many moments I forgot about or didn't even realized happen, but she got them, preserved forever. It really is amazing how her participation in our wedding day will be meaningful for the rest of our lives. We love love love the outcome and couldn't be happier with all of the results. It almost goes without saying, too, but Melisa was a joy to have around on our wedding day. She was calm, informative, and cheerful all day long. Her presence was a treat, and I can't recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Clare, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints

To put it simply, Melissa is incredible. Her photojournalistic style was exactly what we wanted in an engagement/wedding photographer. She walks the perfect balance of sweetness, warmth, and compassion, with using assertiveness and wit to get the job done (and done right.) She gets people where they need to be quickly, and uses humor to make everything relaxed and fun!! She is timely, professional and one of the most genuine people you will meet. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable just being us...while she quietly blended into the background. She gave us great ideas but respected our ideas and opinions as well. If you want the best wedding pictures EVER, then woman is the real deal--she will not disappoint!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

More than with many other vendors, you really have to trust your photographer (after all, they are the ones who preserve your memories for years after your wedding!), and, from the moment that my husband and I first spoke to Melissa, we knew that we could trust her. She has a low-key warmth that makes you feel like you're talking to your best friend, but is simultaneously a consummate professional who will keep you on your timeline and is so committed to taking the most stunning photos. She was certainly happy to offer her expertise in terms of recommending shots, but, more than anything, wanted us to customize our shot list towards what we really wanted. Melissa did an amazing job of affirming and helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and was not at all intrusive - in looking at our gallery of wedding photos, my husband and I looked at each other and said, 'Did you even notice that she was there?'. The photos were breathtaking, and we couldn't wipe the smiles off of our faces as we looked back on photos of our day and all of the love that she captured, certainly between the two of us but also among our family and friends. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to hire Melissa, and would recommend her to other couples with the highest possible recommendation!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/25/16, 8 Reviews

220x220 sq 1436902758255 weddings ss portfolio ii 0009
220x220 sq 1436902764447 weddings ss portfolio ii 0018
220x220 sq 1436902769254 weddings ss portfolio ii 0038

1 ENDORSEMENT
As a former colleague at NBC Universal, I have always admired Melissa's passion and style of photography. After following in Melissa's footsteps to leave my editorial position and start my own business, Melissa Tuck Photography has been an inspiration of what I hope my business someday becomes. She is not only a wonderful photographer, but a wonderful person and her clients are so lucky to have her!! I have no doubt in my mind that you can count on Melissa to meet and exceed your expectations.

3 PROS I KNOW