Melissa Glynn Photography

Austin, TX 78704 Map · Phone number

About Melissa Glynn Photography

Melissa Glynn Photography

I’m here to make sure no one forgets just how good you look... and, Sugar, you do look good! So let’s dispense with the forced and awkward, and instead embrace the energy, emotion, and straight up reality of your day. (I’m talking to you too, men!!) I love getting to know you so that the pictures act as YOUR reflection with all of the best that surrounds you. That means finding the right shots that all the natural light surrounding us provides to create something alive, real, and eminently flattering.

Your pictures should feel like memories and not some pose-y fakery. I’m going to make that happen! For me, being a photographer is about more than just pressing the right buttons on the camera, it’s about getting to know you and bringing that out in imagery. It’s SO important for us to naturally click. (see what I did there?)

Just remember, having your picture taken shouldn’t be something that you dread, it should be easy and fabulous and dare I say... even fun!

So, my friend, let’s have some fun!

A little about Melissa...

I'm the mother to two adorable Yorkies (Nolte + Zaza) as well as over 200 plants. If my life could include wine, plants, puppies, Italy and long walks and bike rides every day, I would be able to die a happy woman... so, that's why I plan on retiring in Italy and opening a plant nursery (that I walk or bike to) that also hosts puppy adoption days daily with wine happy hours. DREAMS!!!

I have lived in Austin since October 2005 and started this beautiful company in May 2007. At the moment I am writing this (April 2019), I have photographed over 200 weddings and counting! I adore my job and love that I get to work with people on the best days of their lives! I win in the job department for sure!

Other fun facts about me... I love garden roses, gardenias and jasmine the most, I like to buy books and never read them, I am very organized, but you wouldn't think that if you saw my office, my lady friends are my most prized "possessions", Chianti Classico is my favorite type of wine, my biggest guilty pleasure is Mexican Coke, I have visited 17 countries and plan to add more next year, I have a large birthmark that covers 30% of my left arm, I love big and all the way, some people think I'm funny, my four sisters are the biggest bad asses I have ever known in all completely different ways, my four brothers are forever my babies, and I am the luckiest lady on the planet to live this wonderful life I've been given.

Follow Melissa Glynn Photography on

Melissa Glynn Photography 3
Melissa Glynn Photography 4

Joshua Baker · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing Photographer!!!

I recently married the love of my life. For preparations leading up to this important day, I didn’t have much input. Like most grooms, I basically let her plan almost everything and I just showed up. On the most important day of my life I can truly say that I was very impressed with a few of the vendors and others, not so much. Melissa was incredible! She’s obviously very confident and has the personality for her trade. Everything is a time crunch, much more than we imagined, and she utilized her time very efficiently. There were moments that seemed like they were going to be disastrous. My wife almost had an emotional breakdown(rightfully so). Melissa went out of her way to comfort her. She took control and kept everything moving according to plan. The photos turned out amazing! She is a professional photographer in every aspect! Can’t thank her enough. Very satisfied with our experience!

Mr. green suit

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Melissa Glynn Photography 5

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2018

Where do I even begin! We hired Melissa for our engagement photos and our wedding. Being in the wedding industry I’ve seen A LOT of photographers work, and when I first started sifting through photographers for my own wedding, I had about 20 on my list. This was probably the hardest decision I had to make out of all my vendors, but I’m thrilled that we chose Melissa.

First of all, our engagement photos were incredible. We went to 2 locations, had 2 outfit changes, and she spent almost 3 hours with us. We are obsessed with our photos, I don’t think I could have asked for anything better! She delivered them in about 2 weeks, which was great since we were on a time crunch to get Save The Dates out!

Now for the wedding day! About a week prior to the wedding I hired Melissa for an extra hour! So glad I did! 8 hours is plenty, but that 9 hours really allows her to have more time pre-ceremony. She also met me at the venue a week or two before the wedding to go over everything and scope out the space. She arrived early on wedding day, and started shooting almost immediately. She was on top of everything throughout the day, and throughout the wedding I had several guests come up to me and make positive comments abut her. Melissa is a true professional, and a very down-to-earth and friendly person. She even sent us 6 or 7 photos two days after the wedding, which are absolutely stunning. I am thrilled to see the rest, and I know they will be just as amazing as the work she’s already delivered to us. I am so happy with my decision to hire her, and would 100% recommend her! Thank you so much Melissa, you da best sweet cheeks!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Melissa Glynn Photography 6
    Melissa Glynn Photography 7
    Melissa Glynn Photography 8
  • I

Ivory · Married on 10/30/2016

I do not even know where to start... I found Melissa a month before my wedding and when I saw her portfolio and her "about me" page...I instantly knew she was the one! I was so blessed that she took me on even when she already had 2 weddings booked that weekend. She showed up the day of my wedding and we instantly hit it off. I had nothing really planned out for photos and she took charge and made me feel beautiful and comfortable every step of the way. I have only seen a few preview photos but they have already blown me away!!! All I can say is I completely adored her and could not have asked for a more. She was truly a professional and artist of her trade.

Sent on 02/27/2017