1250 W Van Buren, Chicago, IL 60607 Map · Phone number

About Melissa Diep Photography

Hi there. Thanks for swinging by. My husband, Chyna, and I reside in the West Loop of Chicago so if you see us, make sure you say hi!

Photography, gosh, what can I say? As cliche as this sounds, I love my job! I am immensely passionate about my work and take a lot of pride in my photographs. I've been shooting for ages but discovered how much I love shooting weddings after I shot my brother's wedding a few years back. I haven't stopped since.
Here's a brief summary of what I love...

-My family
-My Giant
-My Apple
-Chicago
-Dresses and shopping for dresses
-Food with LOTS of flavor
-Our Mini (aka The Red Baron)
-Traveling
-Gossip Mags
-The show 24 (Jack Bauer is the man!!!)
-Dancing like no one's watching

You can follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Leave a comment. I love hearing from you all.

Once again, thanks for stopping by.

Melissa Diep

amberandbrettttd625EditEdit
amberandbrettttd101Edit

9 Reviews for Melissa Diep Photography

Michelle · Married on 09/20/2014

Melissa shot our September 2014 wedding, and our photos were PERFECTION! I was looking for a certain style in my wedding photos: high-fashion yet still soft and romantic, that captured emotions and not just "photos." I found Melissa and she was the perfect fit! Upon meeting her, I knew she was the photographer for us. Her spunky and positive attitude and experience with shooting weddings made the decision easy, and her work speaks for itself.

The day of our wedding, she arrived on time and ready to shoot! She was amazing all day, giving direction for shots while still capturing candid moments – a perfect mix. Her second shooter was also great to work with. Melissa will take any opportunity to shoot a picture, with any given circumstances. It rained on our day but Melissa thought fast and found an alternate spot to shoot our First Look Photos that had rain coverage, saving the day. Thankfully the rain let out when we got to our destination and she sprang right into action, covering all of the bases during the shoot (wedding party, portraits, solos, etc.). We went to two different locations and she was amazing the entire time. We felt confident she had captured everything we wanted.

Melissa has a blog where she posts a sampling of all of her assignments, and our wedding was up just 3 weeks after the big day. I looked at it numerous times a day and shared the link with all of our family and friends. We received so many compliments on the style and artistry of the photos, and were just IN LOVE with what we saw. The photos make you relive the best day of your life, and I was drawn right back to my wedding day. We received our complete photo gallery a total of one short month after the big day. I can’t wait to receive my leather-bound photo album because I know it will be absolutely stunning! We also receive a print release with all of our photos which is a MUST-HAVE for personal use.

I highly recommend Melissa Diep Photography – you will be extremely happy!

Vikki · Married on 03/22/2013

Melissa is more than amazing. My experience with her exceeded my expectations. We could not have chosen a better photographer. Melissa is high-energy, creative, passionate, responsive, professional, flexible, and a perfectionist. The moment my husband and I met Melissa, we instantly clicked. She was the first and only photographer we met. There was no need to look any further! After the first meeting, we were confident that Melissa would deliver the experience we desired and that we would enjoy working with her. We love her non-conventional style. Melissa will do anything - climb tables, walls, windows - to get the perfect shot. And her "hee hee hee ..." gets the authentic smile every time. If you don't understand what I mean, you will *when* you book her for your wedding! Melissa's work and personality made our journey and marriage celebration even more memorable.

Mimosa · Married on 09/17/2011

In a nutshell, Melissa is the greatest and has been the anchor to our dream wedding!!
    I was originally going to work with another photographer because I was in a friend's wedding and really like the work of her photographer. When it came time to plan my own wedding I didn't bother to look around. However, when I was researching other wedding related things such as make up artists, wedding venues, and getting wedding photo ideas, I kept on coming across Melissa's work. I finally decided to give her a last minute call just because. It was complete serendipity...sounds weird I know, but it was meant to be.
    We instantly clicked on the first phone conversation. We are both foodies, like the same things, and our personalities just meshed well. I showed my fiance her work and he loved her style more than the first one. Melissa also knows this other photographer well and was honest and said I really couldn't go wrong with either one. I was quite torn for a short while because they are both so talented, but what got me gravitating towards making the change to sign-up with Melissa was ALL that she offered - from her photo package, her great/loyal assistant, my input in who the 2nd shooter would be, to her magazine type style. She is really strong at showcasing the subject in her photos and making them look good too. =)
    When my fiance met her, he instantly liked her too and told me she's the one, lol. Yes, I'll admit she was my splurge for our wedding but she is so worth it. Heck if my fiance saw value signing up with her, then I promise you will feel the same too.
    Melissa is extremely professional, energetic and creative. For example, she got pregnant soon after we hired her...her due date was almost a month after our wedding date. She immediately gave me the heads up and made plans to allay any concerns with the extra steps she would take for my wedding to ensure there wouldn't be any issues come wedding day. Needless to say, everything worked out perfectly and she was a super trooper throughout it all. I can keep going on about her work ethic and all but her photos of us at our engagement session and wedding day is testament to her talent (check out her website/blog and search for "Mimosa" so you can see for yourself !!!). As an aside, she has been my inspiration to be beautiful and enjoy my own pregnancy like she did.
    All my friends and family are amazed by her work. Even almost a year later after the wedding, I still have people raving about her and wanting to hire her for their own special occasion.
    We have become great friends over the past year. I look forward to working with her more to document various milestones of our life.

Award

Melissa Diep Photography FAQ

• Secondprint Productions
    Secondprint Productions Wedding Photographers

Melissa is an amazing photographer willing to push her career and style to the next level. I highly recommend her b/c of her fresh approach to creating stunning images for your special day. She's also very active amongst the photography community - always giving back and willing to teach other budding photographers new techniques. I highly recommend her services!

• 1250 W Van Buren Chicago, 60607 See on map