Ayer, MA 01432 Map · Phone number

About Matthew Sowersby

As a full-time musician based in the Greater Boston area, Matthew Sowersby works as a freelance guitarist, music educator, and songwriter. He plays for a wide range of events including weddings, parties, bridal showers, fundraisers, corporate events, and memorial services. Matthew currently teaches guitar and bass at the Music Academy of Chelmsford.

Matthew studied classical guitar with Richard Schilling at UMass Lowell, where he participated in a master class with the world-renowned guitar virtuoso Eliot Fisk and received the Michael Anderson Memorial Scholarship and the Elin J. Stene Scholarship in Music. In 2013, Matthew earned bachelor's degrees in Music Performance and Music Business graduating with departmental honors in performance. Matthew is currently pursuing a master's degree in Music Education.

Matthew has performed at a number of concert and event venues including the Portsmouth Music Hall, where he played in the orchestra backing Jackie Evancho. He performed a solo concert at the Cabot Theatre in Beverly, MA last year. There he presented a unique multimedia interpretation of Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint, which he released as a digital EP.

Follow Matthew Sowersby on

e6a15ceea1901e56 1459835586006 matthewimagehires02
portrait

14 Reviews for Matthew Sowersby

Emily · Married on 06/11/2016

As a professional flutist, it meant a lot to me that my wedding music be unique and performed beautifully, and Matt completely surpassed my expectations. Matt was responsive, helpful and easy to work with throughout the process. I was married in a Catholic Church with picky music director, but Matt was incredibly flexible with our music selections, even learning/arranging 3 pieces I requested that he hadn't played before. He sent me previews of how the music would sound, and accommodated my requests for faster/slower tempos. Matt's playing for my wedding ceremony was beautiful, and I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Marie · Married on 10/04/2015

Matthew is an outstanding musician and his gentle presence made my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception elegant, exceptional, and joy-filled. He gave us memorable moments, as the couple danced together, they shared a dance with stepdad and mom, I danced with my big brother and my husband.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Meg · Married on 09/26/2015

Matthew is incredibly talented and super professional. We hired him to play at our wedding ceremony & cocktail hour and we could not have asked for a better fit for our big day! Matthew was super responsive via e-mail and phone leading up to the wedding. He brought a PA & wireless mic so that we could use it for the ceremony as well which was immensely helpful!

Our guests raved about him (and still are). The music was so beautiful and he has an excellent selection to choose from (classical, jazz, pop, he even plays the theme from the movie UP!)

Thank you Matt for being part of our day! We cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Award

Matthew Sowersby FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 375.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Guitar
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System, Vocals

• Ayer, 01432 See on map