Ellicott City, MD 21043 Map · Phone number

About Marlayna Photography

One of my favorite things about photographing weddings, beyond documenting so much love and joy of an incredible day, is getting to know the couples I work with and creating relationships with them as we talk about everything leading up to the big day.

I value every opportunity we have to talk and get to know each other before your wedding so that when your day comes, transitioning between locations and any time constraints becomes much easier, and you can look forward to many cherished photos from getting ready to the ceremony & family photos, reception details to the dance floor, and my favorite moment of the day - photographing the two of you together in all your newlywed bliss!

Most weddings I photograph are in the Maryland, DC, PA and DE areas but I love to travel!

I love photographing weddings that are unique to the couple - whether it's iconic Baltimore details, a personalized ceremony, or a favorite spot that speaks to your hometown - weddings today are about making your own traditions and speaking to you as a couple, and I love documenting every part it!

Thank you for considering me & please see marlaynaphotography.com for more photos and info!

Follow Marlayna Photography on

screen shot 2019 07 09 at 12 14 33 pm 51 567728 1562688964
screen shot 2019 07 09 at 12 14 33 pm 51 567728 1562688964

23 Reviews for Marlayna Photography

• Chelsea

Chelsea Johnson · Married on 07/13/2019

11/10 Would Hire Again

Marlayna was BY FAR our favorite vendor to work with. As a photographer, she is everything that you'd want. She has an amazing eye and finds the most flattering lighting and angles. In terms of logistics, she had the perfect balance of structure and spontaneity. She made a timeline of the day beforehand, so that she didn't miss any important moments or events, but she also never hesitated to let us know if there was an unplanned photo opportunity that we might want to take advantage of. Some of my favorite pictures from our wedding day started with Marlayna saying "Hey, if you feel up for it, I have an idea for a shot!" I completely trusted her and never felt like I had to micromanage anything to make sure I got the shots I wanted. We definitely got our money's worth - she delivered an online gallery of over 1,000 images, all of which were beautiful and completely captured the day. Also, as a bonus, she comes with a second shooter (her mom, Judy!) who was delightful. Together, they were able to capture every moment and detail we wanted. However, the best part about hiring Marlayna was her personality. You can tell she loves her job and is genuinely excited to be a part of your day. She regularly sent little notes and care packages during the months leading to our wedding, which was such a sweet touch. There are tons photographers out there who will take beautiful wedding photos, but it's the full experience that sets Marlayna apart from the rest. If you're still searching for a wedding photographer, do yourself a favor and message her.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Marlayna Photography's reply:

Awww Chelsea!! I just sent you an email too, but this review is the sweetest and had me tearing up!! I am so immensely grateful we could be a part of your wedding day and get to capture all the goodness of your celebration! It was a beautiful day and so much fun working with you both!! Thank you thank you thank you for all the kind words!!

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

10 for 10 would book again!

I cannot say enough great things about Marlayna! She made every step of the process---booking, engagement photos, the day of--run so smoothly! Marlayna also made each part of the process fun. Shortly after we booked, Marlayna sent us a little package with chocolates, a little candle, a card and a photography book of her work. She reached out to us well in advance to schedule engagement photos to make sure that we were able to schedule the photos on a day that worked for us. And after we took our engagement photos, she sent another cute package of printed photos.

And on our actual wedding day, she was such a calming presence. She and her mother (her second shooter) both took charge in an unassuming way--making sure that everyone was where they needed to be and that photos ran smoothly and on time, without being pushy or overbearing. She also quickly learned who was who--grandparents, parents, siblings, etc.--so that if I needed someone for some reason, she quickly went to find that person. And when my sister-in-law was having trouble bustling my dress, Marlayna was right there with her helping to figure it out.

On top of all of this, the photos turned out stunning!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Marlayna Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for the incredibly sweet and thoughtful review, Kelsey! It was such a joy to be a part of your wedding day and we had the best time capturing it all for you!! I'm so happy to hear it was a great experience!! Congratulations again and wishing you two many many years of happiness together! :)
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/26/2019

Stunning Photos

Marlayna (and Judy, her second photographer) were fantastic both at the wedding and prior to the wedding. From changing the dates for our engagement shoot due to an unexpected move, to a second engagement shoot where we moved, to taking over 2000 photos during the reception, working with Marlayna was truly a dream. She is extremely responsive and listens to each couple with their goals for their photos.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Marlayna Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter

• Ellicott City, MD, 21043 See on map