Marlayna Photography Reviews

19 | Ellicott City, MD

19 Reviews for Marlayna Photography

19 Marlayna Photography Reviews

Brittany · Married on 08/04/2018

Marlayna was such a pleasure to work with. When we first reached out to Marlayna, we liked that she wanted to get to know us as a couple. Through a few emails, she asked a bunch of questions before we even met, which made us feel like she knew us already. When we finally met in person, we loved her bubbly personality and her attention to detail.

Marlayna was very responsive and was always open to our ideas when we emailed them to her. She made us feel extremely at ease on our wedding day by constantly talking us through poses. We have received so many compliments about the photos Marlayna took of us on our wedding day! And we are absolutely obsessed with the photos too! She is very professional, but at the same time, you feel like she is your best friend! And her passion and energy are contagious. You cannot go wrong hiring Marlayna! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Marlayna Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Brittany!! You and Ben have made my day with these seriously sweet reviews! It was such an honor to be a part of your day and anything I could do to help you two enjoy it makes me so happy :) Thank you thank you thank you for being such an amazing couple to work with - documenting your day was a dream!! Can't wait to send the rest your way soon!! :) <3

Valerie · Married on 09/02/2017

First of all, I wish WeddingWire let you give more than 5 stars because Marlayna is amazing! Marlayna was absolutely wonderful to work with from the first time we met! She was so easy going and one of the nicest people that I've ever met!

She included a engagement photo session with our package and we absolutely love our engagement photos! We loved them so much we incorporated a few of them in our wedding! She's a natural and can even turn a set of trees on a highway into absolutely beautiful pictures!

Marlayna always answered my million and one questions with a smile! She is so organized and constantly kept us updated on the plan of the day. She listened to everything that we wanted for our wedding day and helped us figure out a realistic plan to get in all the shots that we wanted! She was amazing to work with during our wedding day and even our family, wedding party, and guests commented on how amazing she was! We couldn't believe the turn around time and how quickly we got our photos! We got to see a few sneak peaks the day after our wedding and as soon as we got back from our honeymoon we had our wedding photos in our inbox! We absolutely love our photos and have too many favorites to print!

If we were to do it again, we would 100% choose Marlayna to photograph our wedding and would recommend her to anyone!

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2017

Working with someone like Marlayna is an experience that every bride and groom should get to have. 5 stars cannot even explain how amazing Marlayna's work is. Marlayna's professionalism, drive, passion and expertise in the photography world is evident from the moment she consults with you. Not only did she assist with our engagement photos and questions regarding photography, but she was CONSTANTLY willing to answer texts and emails about other vendor recommendations, wedding planning, etc. Along with her willingness to assist us in any way possible, her photos are truly AMAZING. Her timeliness is unbelievable for the quality of work that she does. We were so lucky to have worked with Marlayna over the past year and a half. We will continue to recommend her to ALL of our family and friends. Thank you Marlayna!!!!

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2017

In addition to being one of the nicest people my husband and I have ever met, Marlayna is an awesome photographer. All of the photos we've seen of her previous work and those that were taken for our sessions are more amazing than we could have ever imagined when we started our search for a wedding photographer. She included an optional engagement photo session with the wedding package we selected and we're so happy we decided to do it. It was a great way to get comfortable having our photos taken by Marlayna and getting used to following her directions, which helped the hectic wedding day go very smoothly.

Originally, we had planned on a winter engagement session, hoping to have some snow-filled pictures. The one day it snowed even remotely enough, Marlayna messaged us to see if we were willing to meet up earlier than our scheduled time, later in the month. She was more prepared and on top of the weather for our engagement session than we were. We ended up having the session in the spring instead since the weather didn't cooperate. Marlayna was accommodating of all of our requests to push the session back, hoping for a change in the weather, and didn't mind when we finally changed our minds and went with the spring session.

For both the engagement session and the wedding day, Marlayna was patient with us and didn't blink an eye at our requests to include our 80 pound, uncooperative, black lab in the portraits. Marlayna went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day went perfectly and provided us with so many beautiful pictures to cherish forever.

John · Married on 05/28/2017

In addition to giving us beautiful pictures we will cherish for the rest of our lives, Marlayna was incredibly accommodating and professional. She expertly navigated the delicate sensitivities of step parents and weddings.

We were referred to her through a good friend and I am so glad we went with her. My wife loves the photos and so do my family. Thanks so much Marlayna!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/27/2017

There are literally not enough words to express how wonderfully fantastic Marlayna is! Communication is timely and friendly, very accommodating to meet needs. Upon meeting her for our engagement session, we immediately felt comfortable and at ease and her enthusiasm for her craft is quite evident. The photo turn around was quick and the images she captured were astounding! We couldn't be more pleased to work with her and are counting down until our wedding day to see what magic she captured from the day!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Marlayna Photography's reply:

Aww you are so so sweet Kristen!! Thank you so much for this review! I've loved working with you two and getting to be a part of your wedding was such an honor! So happy for you both and thank you again for the kind words!! :)
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/22/2017

Words can't express how much we love Marlayna! She's a goddess. Not only are her photos amazing & her delivery time INCREDIBLE, but she's just a joy to be around. For our wedding, she went above and beyond anything we could have expected (and brought her mom which was her second photographer!). She was game for all of our ridiculous ideas from parachutes to carnival rides & there's no one else we would have rather have there capturing our big day (and our engagement photos!).

Kirby · Married on 07/30/2016

We cannot say enough good things about Marlayna!! She is absolutely wonderful! Marlayna was so friendly and sweet. She let us bring our English bulldog to take engagement pictures with us. Marlayna answered any and every question that we had, and www quick to respond to emails. She was also extremely organized and created a great day of the wedding timeline. Marlayna kept in contact with us throughout the year too! As for her pictures, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! We love all of our engagement and wedding pictures! We definitely recommend Marlayna!

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2016

Marlayna photographed my tiny ceremony on my 12 year anniversary.
    We were in constant contact and spewing ideas back and forth. She was very understanding and cooperative when it came to things like payment, which my mother was taking care of so it was a little complicated. I was so set on Marlayna that we paid for her travel to have her come out of state for us.
    And as you can see by that lovely number of stars up there, I am BEYOND satisfied. Her attention to detail is impeccable, and, while you might not notice it at the time, it really shows in her photographs. My now husband has some anxiety issues and haaattteeesss having his picture taken, but she helped him feel at ease while we were separated for our first look and throughout the rest of the day. She got everyone involved, including the kids, and is able to be human and approachable while still being professional.
    She helped turn my discount wedding with flowers from Food Lion and awkward moments because of lack of time for rehearsal into gorgeous, priceless memories that look like a million bucks. There were two things I knew I couldn't compromise spending the money on when I was getting my low budget and no planning time wedding together: One was the venue, and the other was Marlayna.
    Another thing I love is the convenience of the online album she will send to you and the ease at which you can download and share your pictures. It's truly a breeze, and I appreciate the Marlayna doesn't skimp you one bit in that regard. I used to work at Walgreens printing pictures, so I'm well aware that a lot of photographers won't allow you to print your pictures on your own and if they won't allow you access to the high-res files.
    I promise you that if you book her you will absolutely not be disappointed, for weddings or otherwise. Her business practice is professional and fun, her product is astounding, and her talent, vision, and creativity is astronomical.

Rebecca · Married on 03/19/2016

Marlayna is a true gem! I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer. From the first email to our big day, Marlayna was always on the same page as us. She always emailed back quickly, and before we even booked her, she emailed us a timeline she had worked out for our big day. She was so helpful the whole process and thoughtful. She sent us such a lovely package after our engagement pictures, which surprised us and blew us away. On the day of our wedding, Marlayna was right on time, and began to work right away. She was so wonderful with my shy niece, the flower girl. She made her laugh and was able to get plenty of perfect pictures. Throughout the ceremony, I never even noticed her, yet the shots were amazing. (They look like she was right next to us.) Aside from the shots we wanted, we were so surprised to see how many pictures had our guests in them. We were able to send our guests pictures of themselves and their families. It happened to snow on our March wedding day and the pictures are FANTASTIC. Marlayna did such an amazing job, and braved the snow more than once to capture our photos. She is as professional and amazing as it gets. We are so lucky to have met her as a person, and to have had her as our wedding photographer.

Kerry · Married on 12/19/2015

My husband and I were blown away by Marlayna's professionalism, relaxed personality and organization on our wedding day! From the moment she arrived, Marlayna made me feel calm, beautiful and like I had nothing to worry about. She was so easy to communicate with before the event and made sure to capture every single one of our photo ideas and family portraits. She kept us on schedule without ever making us feel rushed, and took so much time to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our photos and the locations where we stopped. Even more impressive was the fact that she had a sneak peek of our photos ready for us to see less than 24 hours after our wedding! It was amazing to wake up as husband and wife and see some photos from such a special day in our lives. 2 weeks later, Marlayna gave us full access to all of our photos and even sent us the sweetest thank you gift. We love looking through our wedding photos and seeing how beautifully Marlayna captured the spirit of our wedding day.

We HIGHLY recommend Marlayna for any weddings, family portraits or any other important event. Marlayna, we can't thank you enough for your hard work and beautiful photography!

I first met Marlayna last June when she photographed my sister’s wedding. Within seconds of meeting Marlayna, it was apparent how much she loved her job (and how good she was at it!). Just days after my sister got married, I received a ring of my own! One of the first things I did was book Marlayna for our engagement and wedding photos!

Marlayna was super accommodating and professional throughout the entire process! From the initial meeting with Marlayna, she made us feel so comfortable. Marlayna spends time getting to know her clients and pays close attention to detail. Marlayna went out of her way to check in with us periodically (and she also sent us a wedding day countdown/calendar, how thoughtful!). I was amazed how promptly Marlayna responded to my emails (and how thorough her responses were). Marlayna has exceptional communication skills!

Marlayna’s work speaks for itself. We will forever cherish our engagement and wedding photos - we love them all!!! Marlayna did a phenomenal job capturing "our story." We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer! Marlayna was a joy to work with and we were beyond blessed to have her photograph our special day (and engagement photos). I hope we have the pleasure to use Marlayna again in the future!

Mary · Married on 05/30/2015

I really can't say enough wonderful things about Marlayna! She was fabulous! She met with us originally to show us samples of photographs and albums she had done and go over pricing with us. We knew right away that she was the photographer for us! She was very responsive to email and walked through our venue with us a month in advance of the wedding to get an idea of the layout. She put together a plan to make sure we got all of the pictures we wanted, and she made sure we stuck with the plan! She was kind and accommodating with our guests, but also made sure everyone was moving along! She posted several pictures less than 24 hours after the wedding, which was unexpected but a wonderful surprise! When my grandfather passed away just a week after the wedding, she was kind and sweet enough to send me several pictures of him, again within 24 hours of my email, to share with my family. She is THE BEST!

Michael · Married on 12/27/2014

I am a pretty tough customer and very demanding in terms of price and service expectations and as such I highly recommend Malayna's services.

Although we held a December wedding that offered little in terms of lighting, color, and variety of locations to photograph, Marlayna proved creative and prepared with the necessary equipment to ensure she captured the best shots. She was easy to communicate with, was open towards understand the theme of our wedding and presented us with her ideas about what would work best and why.

Her approach was professional and relaxed (which helped us a lot) and she was sensational with her communication and willingness to go the extra mile for us.
    Marlayna was able to quickly provide us with photos despite prior commitments and the holidays - for which I am grateful.

Great cost - great value - great photographer and we look forward to using her again for our baby photos!!

Michael & Tatyana - Happy Groom & Bride

Cori · Married on 10/12/2014

LOVED working with Marlayna as our wedding photographer! After looking through all of the highly rated (and highly expensive!!) options on WeddingWire, I took to a simple Google search and found Marlayna's blog. I was drawn to her photography style- and her much more affordable options ;)

When we first met, she did an excellent job showcasing work she'd done in the past, outlining the different packages that she offers, and making us feel comfortable. We didn't meet with any other photographers after that- she was perfect! We signed a contract, and she was even flexible the week leading up to the wedding- allowing us to add on an hour or two when we realized we'd need it!

The day of the wedding, she jumped right in and started shooting! She got all of the shots we asked for, and seamlessly took the lead- making sure that everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. She made us feel extremely comfortable with our couple portraits, something I knew my husband was nervous about. When we returned from our honeymoon, our pictures and canvas print were finished shortly after- I was amazed at how quickly we got them (and extremely happy, because it was like reliving the day all over again)!

Chris · Married on 08/30/2014

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Marlayna as our wedding photographer. When we received our pictures after the wedding we thought they perfectly captured our day and what it was all about. The pictures looked amazing and Marlayna did a fantastic job of making sure every important moment was accounted for. I had looked at pictures of some of the other weddings she has done before (and after) we booked her for ours and her pictures give you the feeling that you are at the wedding yourself. The special moments and emotions almost jump through the photos. I do understand, however, that I am certainly not a photography expert, so if you choose not to take me for my word on the above please take to heart what follows below.

I think the thing that most impressed me about Marlayna was her professionalism and the overall product she provides. From the first meeting my wife and I had with her, we could tell that she was invested in us and our wedding day. From our experience with other vendors I can say that isn't always the case and is one of the reasons I wanted to work with Marlayna. In our initial consultation she was very thorough in explaining what she would be doing, how she would be doing it, and what we could expect from her from the beginning of the process to very end. She was also always accessible throughout the process and seemed very organized. On the day of the wedding, she was on time (even early!) and ready to work. In my opinion, she was the hardest working vendor we hired for our wedding. She got every shot we had talked about and she did a great job of blending in to the event and capturing every detail, big and small.

I think one of the biggest compliments you can give a business is personally recommending them to others and I would not hesitate to recommend Marlayna to any of our friends and family for their big day!

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

Marlayna is a fantastic choice for your wedding or other photography needs! She was incredible to work with at our wedding - friendly, patient with all the family members and everyone else needed for pictures, and somehow able to be everywhere at once without being noticeable. We are very happy with the quality of our photos, too - everything is crisp, clear, and her edits look great.

Leading up to our wedding, we were so happy that we had chosen to work with Marlayna - she was helpful, very responsive, and dealt with all of my crazy bride questions and emails without losing her patience. She was very attentive to our details and made sure she knew what we did and did not want leading up to our wedding. She also did a great job with our engagement session.

We would highly recommend Marlayna Photography to other couples! We'll definitely use her for future photo needs and cannot say enough good things about working with her. We didn't get a videographer, so Marlayna was the only one responsible for capturing all of our wedding memories and she did a great job.

Julie · Married on 07/12/2014

Marlayna did our engagement and wedding photos and we were SO happy with the results.

With rain in the forecast the day of our engagement photos, we had to reschedule to do it early in the morning. Marlayna was flexible and accommodating, and agreed to start our outdoor shoot very early on Saturday morning. She had great ideas on areas to take us around Baltimore city, and as a result, we have tons of awesome photos in a variety of unique settings.

I was very pleased with Marlayna's work at our wedding too, and so were all of our friends and family! Leading up to the wedding, she responsive to my emails and ideas, and she asked a lot of questions to get the details right and to ensure we got the kind of shots we wanted. She even drove 6 hours to get to our wedding in Erie, PA!

On the wedding day, she was prompt and professional. She's also incredibly sweet and calm, which is definitely appreciated on a high-stress day. I can't help but smile when I go through the photos now (even though I have a million times) because she did such a good job of capturing every moment so incredibly well. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer, and I am so thankful our photos can bring back such great memories!

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/05/2013

My husband & I booked Marlayna to photograph our wedding on April 5, 2013, and we couldn't have been happier that we chose her! We have known Marlayna for a few years now; she photographed my brother in law and sister in law's wedding in 2009, she did my nephew's newborn photos in October 2011, and our engagement pictures in October 2012.

Marlayna is an absolute pleasure to work with! She is so friendly, and she has the best ideas. She is very flexible, and she is very attentive to what you're looking for and the moments you want to remember. Her services are very affordable, and her quality of work is amazing. I have received so many compliments on our wedding photos, and I couldn't have asked for better pictures. I cannot thank her enough for perfectly capturing the best moments of my life. Since our wedding in 2013, she has photographed my niece's newborn photos, my cousin's wedding, and is photographing one of my girlfriend's weddings in March! I recommend her to everyone that I know!