Washington, DC Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 52

About Mari Harsan Studios

Hi there!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you'll enjoy our work and you'll have some time to check out our website, too.

Mari Harsan Studios is a husband and wife team and we specialize in wedding photography and cinematography.

Once in a lifetime. That one singular moment when months of planning and preparation culminate into a few fleeting hours. A day to be remembered, cherished and reflected on for decades, if not generations… This is your wedding day and capturing the emotion, the small details, the firsts of many is a responsibility that Mari Harsan and George Bucur do not take lightly. This husband and wife team know a little something about love and special moments. Five years strong into their marriage, they have combined their creative talents to make your wedding story part of their own. Simplifying the process for securing quality photo and video with a united vision for your wedding experience, Mari Harsan Studios represents the best of both worlds under one contract. Friendly, supportive, responsive… Mari and George look forward to meeting you and making your wedding epic! Striving for ever greater heights, Mari Harsan Studios utilizes the latest technology and techniques to enhance the art of wedding portraiture and video. Every effort is made to bring out the optimal vision of your wedding while retaining the candid, unexpected moments that you’ll always cherish.

“Working on weddings has brought George and I closer together. It reminds us of when we were married and how that felt. As a couple, we understand what the bride and groom are going through emotionally and we’re sensitive to that. For us, capturing weddings is personal. We really feel it… and we always want to be at our best on a wedding shoot.” — Mari Harsan

Taking the lead, Mari handles principle photography, while George directs the videography with a talented crew behind them. Their shared creative vision represents the benchmarks of precision and quality, while tapping into the imagination and spirit of what a wedding can be visually. The results speak for themselves with image upon image, frame upon frame, of the magical and extraordinary. The perfect marriage of photo and video.

“There is a timelessness and elegance to wedding photography, which now extends to wedding videography. The movement of the camera, the music, the editing, the tempo, the color, all create a feeling. It’s a shame to call it a ‘video,’ as the look and feel is more like a movie. I see my work as weddings films.” — George Bucur

Like an artist and his canvas, George (a seasoned editor) works all the angles to make his wedding ‘films’ truly epic. From an aerial drone that slowly sweeps wide over grand vistas to tight close ups and low angles that reveal subtle details and textures, his “moving picture” is like a visual score that hits all the high notes. The perfect compliment to Mari’s emotive photographs. Creating a storybook fairy tale in one click, Mari, with unbridled enthusiasm, works tirelessly to get “the” shot. The dress, the shoes, the ring… all the little details come to life in her images. But most importantly, above all else, is the couple.

“I love detail shots. When all the elements come together, it’s like magic. Clean, vivid, wonderful! The light and ambiance perfectly balanced… But the shots that really make me feel good are when I see the love between the couple. When I see them enjoying this moment together and I have captured that. It’s that interaction that I crave to see. And the moment I get it, everything else falls away.” — Mari Harsan

To get in touch with us please visit our website at: www.mariharsan.com, email us at: mari@mariharsan.com, or call as at: 202-253-9327.

We hope to talk to you soon!

Follow Mari Harsan Studios on

• Videos 14

41 Reviews for Mari Harsan Studios

Krystal B · Married on 09/29/2018

Most Talented Photographer in DC Area

Mari is the most talented photographer I have ever met! She shot both our engagement photoshoot and wedding and I can't describe in words what an amazing job she did.

First off, she is one of the most pleasant people that I have ever interacted with. She is so sweet and makes you feel very comfortable while she is shooting you. She is very responsive to email and easy to get a hold of. She was also very communicative when it came to the wedding and took the time to answer all of my questions ahead of time so that the timeline was planned thoroughly before the day of the wedding.

The pictures that she provided were beyond amazing and extremely high quality. Mari and her assistant photographer, Megan, captured all of our special moments in such a way that we are able to relive the day every time we go through them. It was clear that Mari spent a lot of time and effort editing the photos, which we really appreciated. She even sent us the edited photos very quickly, considering how much time and effort it was clear she put into editing the photos. She provided so many different types of photos, including very cool artsy shots and some more traditional shots, which we loved!

Mari is extremely friendly and fun. Not only do we love Mari but all of our guests did too! They were all talking about how sweet and friendly the photographer was, which was very important to us! She makes the "awkward" posed photoshoots into a really fun experience. My husband and I found ourselves laughing through the majority of the posed photoshoots because she makes it so relaxing and fun!

Hiring Mari was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Mari Harsan Studios if you are looking for the best wedding photographer in the Northern Virginia area!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jay · Married on 05/12/2018

I got engaged; the next day, I called George. What more needs to be said?

Simply put - that’s the sense of urgency you need to secure this level of talent. We set our date only after confirming his availability. It’s truly unparalleled. George’s artistry and creativity shines through his work. The storyboarding, the music, the timing - look at 100 wedding films, from 100 different cinematographers, and you’ll recognize a Mari Harsan film when you see it because of the quality, style, and beauty of his work.

Thank you George for your commitment to the process, your discipline when shooting, your attention to detail, your patience and pursuit of perfection, your impromptu DJing skills, your guidance during planning, your professionalism, and above all - your unique ability to capture the feeling of a day that transports us back in time when we watch your work.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Rohini · Married on 03/10/2018

Couldn’t be more thankful for George for documenting our wedding. He exceeded our expectations and is truly best in the field. Mari and George have documented a few of my family weddings including ours; and I am beyond happy with the results. Working with them is easy and a no brainer!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Mari Harsan Studios FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,600.00
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• RIMAS FILMS
    RIMAS FILMS Wedding Videographers

A beautiful fall wedding at the Historic Rockland was filmed by RIMAS FILMS. And here I had a great opportunity to work with a professional and talented Mari, Mari Harsan Studios. Mari was a great addition to the team of vendors. And she went out of her way to make sure the bride is happy with every shot as well as including all the guests and bridal party. Mari worked the venue great and had amazing ideas for a beautiful newlywed photoshoot! Mari is easy to work with, she has brilliant sense between professionalism and friendliness. I enjoyed working with Mari Harsan Studios and I hope we can work together again.

• Bhavna's Henna & Arts
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts Wedding Hair & Makeup

Your photos are amazing.

• Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff
    Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff Wedding Officiants

I love working with Mari and her husband. I've been privileged to work with them over the years. They even provided one of the videos of my work for Wedding Wire.