Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Makeup By Sarah Lord

newburyport based traveling makeup artist

I am your go-to girl for all things beauty. I absolutely adore this industry and have over a decade of experience. My job is to accentuate your favorite features, show you how to properly contour or how a pair of lashes can instantly boost your confidence. I live outside of Boston but love to travel wherever you need me. I can't wait to get to know you more and how I can help with any special occasion needs.

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Group Services (1)
Hair (1)
Multi. Stylists (1)
Updos/Styling (1)

I got married this past Friday 11/17/17 and I cannot say enough about Sarah! She arrived to my hotel room in Portsmouth NH on time and entered with such a calm yet excited presence! She eased any nerves I had for my big day instantly. She immediately began making my bridesmaids even more beautiful than they already are! She was so efficient and flexible to keep moving from one girl to the next to be sure we were on time for pictures! She was able to listen to each girls requests but keep the natural look I was hoping for! Each and every one of my girls looked and felt gorgeous! My bridal makeup was everything I imagined it would be and I really cannot thank Sarah enough. We received compliments all day about how stunning the entire bridal party was! I can't express my gratitude to Sarah and her team for getting my big day off to a great start with lasting beauty that looked just as good at the end of the night (even after crazy strong and cold wind/temps for outdoor pictures)! Thank you so so much! -Kristen

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sarah and I am so grateful that our paths crossed. Sarah saved me when the original make-up artist I hired had to cancel two weeks before my wedding. I sent the saddest, most pathetic-sounding email ever, and Sarah reached out to me almost immediately with the best response, "I got you." And she was 100000% right. We talked on the phone that same day and she made me feel so much better about the situation. It meant so much to me that she basically could have just scribbled across my face with eyeliner the day of the wedding and I still would have absolutely loved her. Fortunately, she is also the best make-up artist that I have ever worked with. I went in for my trial with Sarah and her partner, Callie, who is an equally amazing and talented hair stylist. They knocked my socks off. The day of my wedding was the same thing. These girls were so much fun to be with that I just felt like I was hanging out with some friends who also happened to be doing my hair and makeup. They were also ridiculously efficient - my bridesmaids and the moms looked amazing and we never had to worry about a time crunch. I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day while also still looking like myself and not a Kardashian. Sarah and Callie are so incredible, and I am so, so, so lucky to have found them. Thank you, ladies!!!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

Sarah is the best. She was recommended by our photographer and was so easy to work with. Her business partner Callie did hair for us and they are both so capable and great at what they do but also just a pleasure to hang out with! My trial was great and when i wanted to change my makeup a bit from the trial to the wedding day she adjusted to exactly what i wanted. She made suggestions but wasn't pushy and knew what would look best on my skin and in photographs, while still staying true to my style. The best compliment I got that day was "your makeup looks amazing and you look like YOU." I never once was worried about my makeup the entire wedding day and it didn't feel heavy or overdone. She also recommended a lip color so that I could buy it before the wedding and hold on to it all day for touch-ups - and now i use it all the time! She also spends a lot of time learning about new types of makeup and skincare and is generally a reliable source for whatever you need in that department. I wanted a low-drama setting to get ready with all of my friends and Sarah and Callie fit right in and worked quickly but we never felt the least bit rushed. She also traveled to Cape Cod for us and was always punctual and responsive on email. Get her if you can!!

Profile Picture Lena, 8/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Makeup By Sarah Lord Pricing