Makeup By Sarah Lord Reviews

Makeup By Sarah Lord 5
Makeup By Sarah Lord 6

kristine · Married on 06/15/2019

The best !

Sarah (makeup) and Callie (hair) were an awesome beauty team. They do amazing and natural work. I didn't feel orange or overdone, just very natural with longer lashes. And, I wasn't washed out in all the pictures! I felt like me, only better! They made sure everyone was comfortable and happy with their looks. My bridal party included my two younger nieces and Sarah was so patient entertaining them while they were so excited to look through her makeup and learn from her. Least of all, they were both so nice! If you're going to spend the better part of your wedding day with a team, it's important that they're good people :) and just as important that you love the result. I love looking back on the pictures, can't wait to get the rest from my photographer! Thank you Sarah and Callie!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla · Married on 05/11/2019

So friendly, and an expert in her field

I was looking for a makeup artist to do my bridesmaids makeup on the day of my wedding. Sarah was such a pleasure to work with from the very beginning - extremely responsive, professional and friendly!

My bridesmaids were looking for a more natural look (“them” but more polished/refined), and Sarah made every single one look gorgeous on the day of the wedding and her work photographed so well! Not to mention lasted all through the night of dancing! Thanks Sarah!!

Can’t recommend Sarah enough!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing!!!

Sarah was absolutely amazing and I could not have been happier with my makeup on my wedding day! Sarah was so professional, yet comfortable to spend the morning with while getting our hair and makeup done. She did an amazing job, and me and my bridesmaids loved our makeup!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 7
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 8
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/14/2018

Sarah was fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better make-up artist but Sarah was SO much more than that. On the day of the wedding, her and Callie agreed to do a package to do hair and make up both at home and on site. I kept them through the ceremony. Sarah not only helped and stayed for touch ups through the ceremony but we ran into numerous issues with the rental company on the day of. She continued to monitor everything for us throughout the night and even helped to place the chairs for my ceremony when they arrived 35 minutes before ceremony start time. She acted as my second photographer and helped take pictures to keep me calm when things were being set up and she had finished my make up. I paid for a makeup artist and got SO MUCH MORE. I was impressed with her work on the make up - the natural look and the quality of product used.... but everything together made her deserve even more than this 5 star review.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Amy · Married on 04/29/2018

I was so happy to have Sarah and Callie for my hair and makeup for my wedding! Their space in Newburyport for the trial was cute and nice and they were able to fit me in many months before my wedding so that I didn't have to deal with it in the months right before my wedding. On my wedding day, they were on time, professional and a calming presence. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally so I wanted something natural, but fitting for my wedding day and Sarah did exactly that.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Kristen · Married on 11/17/2017

I got married this past Friday 11/17/17 and I cannot say enough about Sarah! She arrived to my hotel room in Portsmouth NH on time and entered with such a calm yet excited presence! She eased any nerves I had for my big day instantly. She immediately began making my bridesmaids even more beautiful than they already are! She was so efficient and flexible to keep moving from one girl to the next to be sure we were on time for pictures! She was able to listen to each girls requests but keep the natural look I was hoping for! Each and every one of my girls looked and felt gorgeous! My bridal makeup was everything I imagined it would be and I really cannot thank Sarah enough. We received compliments all day about how stunning the entire bridal party was! I can't express my gratitude to Sarah and her team for getting my big day off to a great start with lasting beauty that looked just as good at the end of the night (even after crazy strong and cold wind/temps for outdoor pictures)! Thank you so so much! -Kristen

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 9
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

Sarah was amazing to work with and always easy to reach out to. I’m the first to admit I don’t know the first thing about makeup but Sarah makes you feel comfortable and I had no difficulties trusting her. I wanted a natural look and nothing over the top…wanting to look like myself on my wedding day of course and she delivered just that! Sarah arrived at my hotel room on time and jumped right in, she is very easy to talk to and it felt like she was a part of the group :) I heard so many compliments that night on how great everyone in the bridal party looked. I’m so happy that Sarah was able to do the makeup for my wedding day; she put me at ease, listened to everyone’s requests, and made me feel beautiful…what more can you ask for?!?

Sent on 03/10/2018
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 10
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 11
    Makeup By Sarah Lord 12

Caroline · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sarah and I am so grateful that our paths crossed. Sarah saved me when the original make-up artist I hired had to cancel two weeks before my wedding. I sent the saddest, most pathetic-sounding email ever, and Sarah reached out to me almost immediately with the best response, "I got you." And she was 100000% right. We talked on the phone that same day and she made me feel so much better about the situation. It meant so much to me that she basically could have just scribbled across my face with eyeliner the day of the wedding and I still would have absolutely loved her. Fortunately, she is also the best make-up artist that I have ever worked with. I went in for my trial with Sarah and her partner, Callie, who is an equally amazing and talented hair stylist. They knocked my socks off. The day of my wedding was the same thing. These girls were so much fun to be with that I just felt like I was hanging out with some friends who also happened to be doing my hair and makeup. They were also ridiculously efficient - my bridesmaids and the moms looked amazing and we never had to worry about a time crunch. I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day while also still looking like myself and not a Kardashian. Sarah and Callie are so incredible, and I am so, so, so lucky to have found them. Thank you, ladies!!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Lena · Married on 08/12/2017

Sarah is the best. She was recommended by our photographer and was so easy to work with. Her business partner Callie did hair for us and they are both so capable and great at what they do but also just a pleasure to hang out with! My trial was great and when i wanted to change my makeup a bit from the trial to the wedding day she adjusted to exactly what i wanted. She made suggestions but wasn't pushy and knew what would look best on my skin and in photographs, while still staying true to my style. The best compliment I got that day was "your makeup looks amazing and you look like YOU." I never once was worried about my makeup the entire wedding day and it didn't feel heavy or overdone. She also recommended a lip color so that I could buy it before the wedding and hold on to it all day for touch-ups - and now i use it all the time! She also spends a lot of time learning about new types of makeup and skincare and is generally a reliable source for whatever you need in that department. I wanted a low-drama setting to get ready with all of my friends and Sarah and Callie fit right in and worked quickly but we never felt the least bit rushed. She also traveled to Cape Cod for us and was always punctual and responsive on email. Get her if you can!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Meghan · Married on 06/24/2017

Sarah was amazing for my weeding on June 24th! She made us all look and feel beautiful. Even my mom and sister who are not big '"make-up" people, she made them feel very comfortable and natural looking. She even was able to convince my mom to get fake eye lashes! I never thought I'd see the day!
    I happened to find her after she was tagged in someone else's Instagram photo from their wedding and I am so glad I did. Her prices are reasonable and she is very outgoing and sweet. You feel like your getting your make-up done by your best friend. I also enjoyed having my hair and make-up trial during my bachelorette party weekend too! Very easy to work with and accommodating since I was an out-of-state bride. Could not have been any happier with my make-up services.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2017

Sarah did my makeup at my best friends wedding recently. She is so down to earth and I loved that she actually enjoyed being there with us on my best friends big day. The makeup she used was so soft, didn't wear off and she was extremely patient with me considering my eyes were watering non stop, haha. I would recommend Sarah to anyone. I will be visiting her shop soon! :)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Donna · event on 06/02/2017

I was connected to Sarah through my photographer, who I hired to take photos of me for business branding purposes. Sarah was wonderful to work with, and I loved her insight and ideas. She used a very natural approach to my make up, and I loved the end result. She also took my straight hair, and gave it a spring-like wave, using a curling iron, that gave me depth and texture. I would never have attempted that on my own. When she was done, I felt beautiful and confident that I was going to have a great photo session. She is truly an artist, and also a beautiful person. I was grateful to have the opportunity to work with Sarah, and will look forward to future opportunities.

Sent on 06/16/2017