PO Box 1173, Kailua Kona, HI 96745 Map · Phone number

About Make It Your Own, LLC

If I was to describe myself with on word it would be lover. Now, before you get the wrong idea let me clarify. I'm a lover of so many things...Jesus Christ, family, friends, people in general (they just do the darndest things), tools, crafts, sewing, creating, DIY anything, fabric, food, laughing, smiles, sunshine, big white puffy clouds. Ok you get the picture...I'm a lover, but besides all that, I'm a wife, aunt, daughter, homemaker and now business owner. I worked as a manager for 7 years at a major retail store, but after marrying decided that there was more to lfe that retail. Since leaving retail God has rekindled my passion for sewing, decorating, creating, DIY-ing, baking, cooking and whatever else I feel like dabbling in. So with this rekindled love I thought why shouldn't everyone be able to have a beautiful wedding, party and or home on a budget that they can afford using items that they already own. That ladies and gentlemen is how Make It your Own came to life. I'm an avid DIY-er who loves re-purposing and believes that a little elbow grease goes a long way. Welcome to Make It Your Own, LLC visit us www.makeityourowndecor.com for more information

Follow Make It Your Own, LLC on

Make It Your Own, LLC 7
  • analisa

analisa · Married on 02/09/2019

Mauna Kea Wedding

Danielle was amazing to work with, I could not have done this without all of her expertise, enthusiasm and professionalism! She was there every step of the way and incredibly helpful when we needed ideas for décor. She understands the current wedding trends and what it takes to put together a destination wedding. Not only did she coordinate all our vendors prior to the wedding and everything the day of, she also provided décor and made sure everything was in place and looked beautiful!
    She went above and beyond to have meeting with us and suggest vendors when I was not satisfied (vendors I had selected before contracting with her). Working with Danielle was incredibly easy and fun! I felt like I was planning my wedding with a longtime friend, she understood and saw our vision. She was there no matter the time of day for a call, text or email and to ensure everything was going to be just perfect, and that it was.
    The day of the wedding I had lost my voice and she brought me up some tea, which put all my stresses at ease. I knew she had it all taken care of and I had nothing to worry about. The day was perfect and my husband and I could not thank Danielle enough for all her hard work and time she put into making our wedding day so special and amazing!
    Thank you Danielle!
    XOXO - Analisa and Jason Olson

Sent on 03/31/2019

Jessica · Married on 04/20/2018

Working with Danielle was fun, easy, and pleasant! We moved to Kona about a year ago from San Francisco, CA, and since nearly 80% (out of 250) of our guests were coming from the mainland, we wanted to give our guests a very tropical, minimal, yet classy feel while visiting the island, and she nailed it. Our guests were WOW'd. We had two different venues - our ceremony on our church lawn (Living Stones Church) and our reception at a state park pavilion (Old Kona Airport Pavilion.) Our local guests who have been to many events at the Old Airport Pavilion told us they had never seen it look as beautiful as it did that night!! She is kind, respectful, and humble, always mindful of our budget and giving us plenty of options along the way. Prior to the wedding, she met me a couple times at the reception venue to take measurements and to scope out what she'd be working with. She did our bouquets, created an arch for the ceremony, photo booth backdrop, built curtains and drapes, went through the ends of the earth to get me 100 pineapples, and the cost was so reasonable! She was always available to us, and even with some last minute craziness, she made it effortless. We are so grateful for her and her team for helping make our wedding so, so, SO beautiful! Thanks Danielle #240 XoXO

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Make It Your Own, LLC 15
    Make It Your Own, LLC 16
    Make It Your Own, LLC 17

Maria · Married on 04/07/2018

Working with Danielle for my daughters seeet 15 event was an excellent experience. It was really easy putting ideas together. She executed my vision and then some. She worked within my budget and still made our event look like a million dollars. I highly recommend Danielle’s services for all you decor needs.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Make It Your Own, LLC FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding lighting package? $ 2,500.00
  • What decor services do you provide? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design
  • What decor items are available? Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Chalkboards, Signage, Table Runners, Trinkets, Vases

• PO Box 1173 Kailua Kona, 96745 See on map