Luxe Events Hawaii

Kapaa, HI View map
$1,500 Package Price
0.1
  • User1825568 2+ years ago
    Bottom line: unprofessional, unorganized and will make your wedding day a complete nightmare.
    I worked with the owner, Marisol Carranza. Not only did she make the months of planning my wedding more stressful even though I had hired her to make it less so, she was unprofessional the week of my wedding to not only me but to my family and wedding party. During the planning, she would claim to have confirmed vendors for my wedding day and then ask me a few weeks later whether or not we had booked them or not. On our wedding day, she arrived at least an hour LATE to the house we were renting to deliver the bouquets and flowers to me and my wedding party. One of my sisters finally had to get our group pulled together because time wasn't an issue to Marisol even though she knew I wanted to get pre-ceremony photos done. We were about to leave and she had the hair and makeup woman I had hired doing HER (Marisol's) hair and makeup before she would leave the house. We got to the ceremony venue and it was LOCKED aka: no one (guests included) could use the ladies or mens room if need be and my bridesmaids had to create a wall to hide me from my guests so no one saw my dress. She was responsible for bringing our marriage license to the venue: she forgot it. After we were married, she had to go back and get it from the rental house before our marriage was official. She was unapologetic for all of the above. She told the post-wedding brunch chef the wrong number of guests (can you guess? we didn't have enough food). She was unclear as to what vendors had been paid or not (you bet she had us dealing with $$ on my wedding day) and while corresponding after the wedding about vendors, she claimed everything went great on the wedding day (ARE YOU SERIOUS?!) How this woman still has a business at all is beyond me and my family. I almost fired her twice but I had signed a contract. My advice? RUN FAR FAR AWAY AND FIND YOURSELF AN ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL.

Luxe Events Hawaii's reply:

How do I EVEN begin with this one. I would not expect ANYTHING less form this "bride". After showing up completely annihilated to her rehearsal -to which the Officiate almost decided not to go through with, she was a complete mess at the reception, as well as her guests who tore the place up without any regard for the staff, or the aina - (land in Hawaiian). Her claims are completely fabricated so I won't bother answering them - bottom line is, the officiate threatened to not show up to the wedding, and the photographer did not want to fulfill her time. She was willing to not get paid and just leave - that's how bad it was. Enough said. Good luck to her new husband and her new family... they're gonna need it!

Anela Lauren, Harpist Anela Lauren, Harpist Wedding Musicians

Marisol is a lovely person and very easy to work with. She is committed to making your day the best it can be!

Destination Events Hawaii Destination Events Hawaii Wedding Caterers

Marisol continues to live up to her platinum status! We enjoy her positive energy and professionalism.

Kapaa, HI, 96746
Location of (Luxe Events Hawaii)

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding