Philadelphia, PA 19255 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Lovesick, Inc.

Please email us directly at lovesickinc@gmail.com

Follow Lovesick, Inc. on

513c8d57f5cebfd8 1528195541 b2367d3713e134c9 1528195536298 7 TIM MEGAN SUPPLEME
lovesick dancing
f46174a84a6ffb25 1528195539 d21845ab4ed74c8e 1528195536287 1 CARISSA GEOFF SITE
Lovesick, Inc.

76 Reviews for Lovesick, Inc.

1 User photo

Lovesick, Inc. 1

Hana · Married on 02/23/2019

Incredible DJs

Lovesick made our wedding an unforgettable evening, and ensured that the entire night truly felt like “us”. On our first intro call with Jon, my husband and I knew we needed to work with Lovesick—they were clearly music experts, and understood/appreciated our taste :) We loved the idea that anything could be “wedding music”, even if it wasn’t something that would necessarily come to mind when creating a dance party playlist (eg Radiohead). As we got closer to the event, we had calls with Tom as well, and he helped us choose our processional and recessional music, our entry song, and walked us through the timeline with overall music choices for the event.

Tom and Jon are an amazing team—they arrived early, coordinated with our officiant, worked with our Dhol Player, and played a crazy awesome assortment of music throughout the cocktail hour and reception. Tom also found/directed us around the venue throughout the evening to make sure we were in the right place at the right time to keep the schedule moving along.

There were many times throughout the night where a song would start and my husband or I would just turn to smile at the two of them because they just KNEW it was what we needed/wanted to hear in that moment. You should also know that they are out there partying with you the entire time, jamming out to the music with you and your guests. They clearly have passion and talent—the dance floor was packed the entire evening, and we continue to get tons of compliments on the music.

We cannot thank them enough for making it such a memorable night. You cannot go wrong with Lovesick :)

• Michele

Michele · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing! You have to hire them for your event

Tom and Adam were so amazing!! I was totally floored by them and their talent! Two gems and they rocked the house so much that I could not stop dancing all night!! I am so impressed by them and anyone who hires them will not be disappointed! Perfection

Ed Schrom · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome DJs in Every Regard

Lovesick was fantastic in every step of the process. They asked questions, listened intently, and made a point to understand our personality as a couple and what our dream wedding looked like. They adopted our vision and then pulled it off seamlessly. What's more, they could not have been more friendly along the way. In terms of specifics:

Tiffany was very quick to respond to all of our questions leading up to the wedding. The team as a whole met all of our logistical needs - microphones, multiple music set-ups, etc. - without ever trying sell us things we didn't need. Jon offered great advice on how to structure our reception to be the most fun for us and our guests, though he was clear that he would happily do whatever my wife and I requested. Jon was interested to learn about all our favorite music, NOT just what we thought was "wedding material" or "dance songs." He took time to understand even the weirder fringes of our musical tastes (like my love of Aesop Rock, Talib Kweli, etc.). On the wedding day, Jon and Adam found just the right music to keep our guests excited and dancing, while also reflecting our personal tastes. They even snuck some of the more niche sounds into quieter parts of the evening, like dinner, for my wife and I to recognize and smile at while everyone else carried on as normal. It made the whole evening feel tailored to us, and at the same time a blast for everyone. Jon was attentive before and during the wedding to know our schedule in detail, so that he and Adam could raise and lower the tempo and energy at just the right moments. Our dance floor was packed the whole evening, even with some of our most shy and reserved relatives, and the night ended with our guests repeatedly chanting "one more song!" We could not have asked for a more attentive, talented, down-to-earth, and unique crew.

Real Weddings

• Annie Hosfeld Photography
    Annie Hosfeld Photography Wedding Photographers

I have been referring Adam to my couples for years to rave reviews. Roots & Groove is a fresh alternative to traditional (read 'dated') DJ services. They are fun, hip and professional!

• John Barone Photography
    John Barone Photography Wedding Photographers

As a wedding photographer I have been able to work alongside many DJ's. Most were fine.....nothing to get excited about. A few were awful, playing lousy tunes with no real flow throughout the night. Ever see a prop comic? I've done a few weddings where the DJ thinks he's one....or maybe a magician. A DJ does not need a trunk full of toys, boas, inflatable guitars, and silly hats. But I've seen it. A DJ should be able to feel the crowd and adapt. Not every wedding crowd likes the same music. I hate when DJ's just play what they think is hot. READ THE CROWD!! Adam & John are 2 of the smoothest guys you will ever meet. These guys could DJ the royal wedding and then turn around and do a house party. They adapt. And whatever they play gets the crowd dancing until they pass out. No one will want leave the dance floor. Not even your 80 year old grandma. Go with Roots & Groove. By far the best DJ's I have ever had the privilege to work alongside and the only DJ's I endorse.

• cHill Weddings, LLC
    cHill Weddings, LLC Wedding Planners

I love working with Roots and Groove, not only because they're local to us, but because they're one of the best! We see too many weddings where the DJ simply uses a laptop and presses play. R&G use turn tables and really mix songs, and read the crowd. They also have a WIDE array of music so if you're looking to stray from typical wedding music or top 40, they're the pros to hire. Very professional, but also very fun to work with.