Sanford, NC 27330 Map · Phone number

About Libby McGowan Photography

I am an on location photographer who specializes in lifestyle photography.

I shoot with a photojournalistic style, basically unposed, capturing details and moments that normally might get missed!

Plain and simple I document the moment. My goal and passion is to capture emotion. I want the viewer to feel...To feel as if they had been there!  That is what I love more than anything!

Follow Libby McGowan Photography on

• Halftone Studios
  • Laura Memory Photography & Videography
  • Malle Photography Co.

57 Reviews for Libby McGowan Photography

• Amy

Amy · Married on 01/19/2020

STOP searching for your photographer! Just hire Libby!

I really have no idea where to begin when it comes to Libby. As someone who previously worked in the wedding industry, I've known Libby for a few years, and knew I wanted her to be with me on my Big Day. I'm a list-maker and very detail-oriented, so I knew I didn't want "just another vendor", but someone who would be a friend and like part of the family to be with me more than anyone else would be on my Wedding Day! When my now-husband and I got engaged, we setup a 'consultation', and left from that night all feeling like great friends.

We hired Libby as quickly as possible and built a custom package that let us have what we wanted and needed for coverage at the Wedding, number of hours, prints, etc. Leading up to the Wedding, Libby was amazing at communication and staying in touch regarding our engagement session, my bridal portraits, and everything in between. For our engagement session, she took my crazy ideas and ran with them, and then did the same when it came time for my bridal portraits - we ended up taking the MOST beautiful of my portraits in a muddy SOYBEAN FIELD! If you are looking for a photographer who will be your friend, helper, therapist, and take the best photos of your life, hire Libby!

On our Wedding Day, Libby and her second shooter, Rachael, arrived early enough to sort through my million details for the day and take photos of ALL OF THEM. They were the best dynamic duo EVER and helped to keep my timeline on track, worked with my day-of coordinator, Talia with Four26Events, to keep the day running smoothly (even when a major wreck on the highway had family and friends running behind to arrive to the Ceremony, pushing our start time!!), kept my family organized for formal photos, and even helped my husband to put together and hang our custom wreaths, when he was running behind getting ready for our First Look.

My mother has said over and over that hiring Libby was the best money we spent on the entire Wedding, and my husband and I agree 100%. We will never be able to thank Libby enough for the cherished photos and memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Schaus · Married on 12/08/2018

Best Wedding Photographer You Could Ask For

I've known Libby for a while now. I discovered her when my friend got married almost 9 years ago. Once I saw Libby's photographs, I knew she was the one I wanted for my own wedding. For over 8 years we followed each other on social media and I saw her photograph at least 10 weddings of people I knew and were friends with. So when I finally got engaged last January, the first vendor I contacted was Libby. We didn't even have a day set yet, but I wanted to make sure she was free on whatever day we chose. She did our engagement pictures as well, and they turned out beautifully. Libby has this grace about her- she makes everyone feel comfortable because let's be honest, having professional pictures taken can feel awkward. But Libby made it fun and enjoyable, and on my wedding day, she was quick and efficient. She sent me the highlight reel the NEXT day after our wedding, so we were able to look through our pictures during our honeymoon. I still cry when I look through the highlight reel because she captured my heart and the things I love perfectly. I cannot wait to have the rest of my pictures from that day. I would recommend her over and over; she is a perfect 10/10!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 10/28/2018

Libby is the best ever

Libby was one of the best decisions I ever made in regards to our wedding. I found trust in Libby and comfort that you can't compromise for with anyone else! I was nervous at the price at first (I was a DIY bride) but found her price was worth every penny!! We had a great time with our engagement shoot, making us feel super comfortable. What's great about Libby is that she captures moments. She captures the most natural moments of your day, your relationship, beautiful! I now have a friend in Libby and can't wait to continue working with her!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

• Rev. Barbara Lodge Wedding Officiants

Beautiful photography with heart captured in every image makes for some stunning wedding photos that will be treasured forever. Highly Recommended!

• The Purple Poppy Florist Wedding Florists

Libby McGowan Photography is an excellent choice to capture those special moments. A true professional

• Hobnob Occasions Wedding Rentals

As wedding planner/event coordinators, we have worked with many different vendors. Libby is a cut above! She is so easy to work with. She is professional, timely, accommodating, flexible and talented...extraordinarily talented. She is able to see details that most would miss. She makes brides and grooms feel comfortable and relaxed in what can be the most stressful of days. So many of the shots she took were of a couple that had not a care in the world! THIS IS WHAT WE STRIVE FOR!! Thanks Libby for making our job easier!

• Sanford, 27330 See on map
    Location of (Libby McGowan Photography)