Sanford, NC 27330 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,300
Availability Check your date
  • Photos

About Libby McGowan Photography

I am an on location photographer who specializes in lifestyle photography.

I shoot with a photojournalistic style, basically unposed, capturing details and moments that normally might get missed!

Plain and simple I document the moment. My goal and passion is to capture emotion. I want the viewer to feel...To feel as if they had been there! That is what I love more than anything!

Follow Libby McGowan Photography on

Libby McGowan Photography 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Schaus · Married on 12/08/2018

Best Wedding Photographer You Could Ask For

I've known Libby for a while now. I discovered her when my friend got married almost 9 years ago. Once I saw Libby's photographs, I knew she was the one I wanted for my own wedding. For over 8 years we followed each other on social media and I saw her photograph at least 10 weddings of people I knew and were friends with. So when I finally got engaged last January, the first vendor I contacted was Libby. We didn't even have a day set yet, but I wanted to make sure she was free on whatever day we chose. She did our engagement pictures as well, and they turned out beautifully. Libby has this grace about her- she makes everyone feel comfortable because let's be honest, having professional pictures taken can feel awkward. But Libby made it fun and enjoyable, and on my wedding day, she was quick and efficient. She sent me the highlight reel the NEXT day after our wedding, so we were able to look through our pictures during our honeymoon. I still cry when I look through the highlight reel because she captured my heart and the things I love perfectly. I cannot wait to have the rest of my pictures from that day. I would recommend her over and over; she is a perfect 10/10!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Libby McGowan Photography 18
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 10/28/2018

Libby is the best ever

Libby was one of the best decisions I ever made in regards to our wedding. I found trust in Libby and comfort that you can't compromise for with anyone else! I was nervous at the price at first (I was a DIY bride) but found her price was worth every penny!! We had a great time with our engagement shoot, making us feel super comfortable. What's great about Libby is that she captures moments. She captures the most natural moments of your day, your relationship, beautiful! I now have a friend in Libby and can't wait to continue working with her!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Madhu · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely incredible wedding photographer

Where to begin with Libby. She is not only an incredible photographer, but also a fantastic all around person. When we met Libby to ask her about her services for wedding photography, she asked us how my husband and I met and displayed a genuine interest in us as people and not just clients. We were very comfortable with her from the beginning. Libby was great at getting us to relax and open up so she could capture us together in a candid, natural way. We had so much fun taking our engagement photos because we just laughed the whole time, and we really love how our photos came out.

Once we hired Libby as our photographer, she did a great job of communicating with us before the wedding. She had a thorough questionnaire that we filled out prior, which ensured that she captured all the important shots that were important to us. She was very organized and helped us stay on top of things when we felt discombobulated with wedding planning. She did all this in a very friendly, comforting way that made you feel at ease.

We absolutely love our engagement and wedding photos. We had two weddings (Hindu and Christian), and Libby captured it all (and then some, because we had some pre ceremony rituals like henna). Libby excelled at capturing the rich colors of our Hindu wedding, as well as the subtler colors of our Christian wedding. (Highly recommend Libby for Indian weddings - since there aren’t many photographers who have the experience to do them!) She also photographed in a way that we didn’t really notice we were being photographed - we were just getting married and celebrating with our friends and family. There’s no better example than the reception, she was able to take great photos of us and our guests dancing, but we didn’t even notice she was doing it—they were true candids. She was also very good at improvising - when our plan to take photos in a rose garden got rained out, she did a great job quickly brainstorming an alternate location and taking wonderful photos there. Her photos clearly show her impeccable attention to detail, for all the little moments and little things that make weddings so special. Also, I can’t say enough about Rah, the second shooter that Libby worked with to capture our weddings - they were both so much fun and wonderful to work with.

I highly recommend Libby as a photographer in general, but especially for weddings. She has a true gift and we are so lucky she could capture the happiness of our wedding days!

Sent on 06/01/2019

• Rev. Barbara Lodge
    Rev. Barbara Lodge Wedding Officiants

Beautiful photography with heart captured in every image makes for some stunning wedding photos that will be treasured forever. Highly Recommended!

• The Purple Poppy Florist
    The Purple Poppy Florist Wedding Florists

Libby McGowan Photography is an excellent choice to capture those special moments. A true professional

• Hobnob Occasions
    Hobnob Occasions Wedding Rentals

As wedding planner/event coordinators, we have worked with many different vendors. Libby is a cut above! She is so easy to work with. She is professional, timely, accommodating, flexible and talented...extraordinarily talented. She is able to see details that most would miss. She makes brides and grooms feel comfortable and relaxed in what can be the most stressful of days. So many of the shots she took were of a couple that had not a care in the world! THIS IS WHAT WE STRIVE FOR!! Thanks Libby for making our job easier!

• Sanford, 27330 See on map