320 W Ohio St., Chicago, IL 60654 Map · Phone number

About LAURA BLACK MAKEUP

An on-location airbrush makeup artist for over ten years, Laura's passion and talent as an expert airbrush artist has given her the ability to bring true beauty and life into every woman's face. Her flawless technique and professionalism is the best combination for a perfect bridal experience.

I have always had the gift of seeing a woman's natural beauty and highlighting it through the art of makeup. To me the face is my canvas which I can transform into beautiful works of art.

I had the opportunity to fine tune my art in many facets while working for Mario Tricoci Salon in Chicago. It was there that I was able to learn important techniques, work with amazing color palettes, and customize my own cosmetics for varying complexions. I was also able to work with hundreds of brides and bridal parties as well.

I spent several months working for the renowned cosmetic company Christian Dior as a freelance makeup artist. During this time in my career I was a primary makeup artist in several high profile fashions shows. I worked with designers such as Kenneth Cole, Betsy Johnson, and Calvin Klein.

Out of all my experience as a makeup artist, working with a bride on her special day has been the most rewarding. My goal is to make every bride I work with feel like royalty. My passion and talent has given me the ability to bring true beauty and life into every woman's face.

-Laura Black

ChicagoIndianWeddingPhotographer207
tiffany

18 Reviews for LAURA BLACK MAKEUP

Kimberly · Married on 07/09/2016

Laura was so amazing and I would highly recommend her to any bride or bridal party. Laura did a friends wedding makeup, who looked beautiful, so I decided to book Laura right away. She was responsive to all my questions and day if she arrived early. She made my bridal party and myself look so stunning- all of my bridesmaids were so so happy with how their makeup looked. The false eyelashes on each girl also really made a difference. My mom loved hers as well. Laura was great with tailoring the makeup to everyone's unique features and skin tones. Our makeup stayed all day and all evening, despite the long summer day. She was great to work with and I definitely would work with her again for other events.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2014

If I could give Laura more than 5 stars I would. I set up a trial appointment months prior to the wedding and was pleasantly impressed with the results. I immediately booked Laura for day of services. She was on time and a trooper seeing as she had 8 or so ladies make-up to do. All make-up was done and early. I've never felt more beautiful once my make-up was complete, my bridal party was also extremely satisfied with their results as well. My make-up lasted all day and evening. I would highly recommend Laura for any of your make-up needs.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Katie · Married on 10/12/2013

Laura made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! She was super friendly and prompt, and I received so many compliments on my makeup on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids loved her as well!

Sent on 10/18/2013

LAURA BLACK MAKEUP FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 75.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Travel Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Mult. Stylists
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 20

• Greatest Expectations Special Events & Weddings, Inc.
    Greatest Expectations Special Events & Weddings, Inc. Wedding Planners

We worked with Laura Black on a Wish Upon a Wedding event. She is so talented and so kind. You will love her!

• Surroundings
    Surroundings Banquet Halls

Beautiful soft natural look make up.

• Deonna Caruso Photography
    Deonna Caruso Photography Wedding Photographers

Laura is such a gifted & professional makeup artist. Every time I have the pleasure of working with her she makes all my brides look so beautiful! She is one of the few makeup artists who can make a bride look her best without overdoing it! She makes my job easier that's for sure!!! I recommend her to most of my brides!

• 320 W Ohio St. Chicago, 60654 See on map