Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 99% of couples
Casey · Married on 10/01/2016
From the start, the team at Kendall College was amazing. They walked us through options, discussed their capabilities, potential challenges, and even offered some money-saving solutions to make sure our day was perfect! Melissa Koll was our coordinator, and I cannot say enough about how fantastic she was. From meeting us to do a secondary site visit on a cold February evening, to our tasting, and planning every detail, she was amazing. We acted as our own Wedding Planners for our event, and Melissa was a huge help every step of the way.
We looked at a few other venues with similar feel (loft, exposed brick, etc..) to Kendall, and the main reason (other than the tremendous view of course) we picked Kendall was because they handled all the details for us. Most other venues only offer raw space, but Kendall provides the food, drink, service, tables, dishes, etc.. I think it would have been a nightmare trying to coordinate individual vendors for all of that, and we didn’t have to, because Kendall handled that! The only outside vendors we used were our Band and Photographers, and Melissa made sure to connect with them, and work out logistics, so that those team works seamlessly together.
The day of our event was magical! Everything went off without a hitch, which was all in part to Melissa’s organization and attention to detail. She even helped my husband plan a special surprise for me during the ceremony, which I learned after the fact, I almost ruined on several occasions.
We had many of our guests comment on how great the food was. Most large events (100+ people) you attend the chicken is dry and/or the beef is overdone. Not the case with Kendall, it was all fantastic! One of our guests commented how the short rib “melted in your mouth.” They were also very helpful at accommodating Gluten Free and vegetarian guests.
Kudos to Melissa Koll, and the amazing Kendall team.
User4641074 · 2+ years ago
High-quality reception with great food and accommodations and an awesome staff led by Christine Duke. PLEASE seek out Kendall College. From the moment we chose them for our wedding which was on September 5th, 2014, Christine was responsive, communicative, flexible, understanding and most of all took control of all our reception details. Below are bullet points as to why my husband and I will recommend Kendall College to our newly engaged friends and family in the Chicago area
1. Great food-our guests said it was some of the best and more creative food they had ever had at a wedding
2. Great service- all of the wait staff and bartenders are students at the college. They are not allowed to work for tips and are there to learn the best lessons of wait staffing and bar tending. They were all the most hospitable staff to us and our guests.
3. The events room is unique and offers a great alternative view of the city looking on from the west. The Windows and glass make for awesome lighting inside, and the exposed brick, unfinished ceilings, made for a perfectly urban, yet classy look for our reception.
4. It rained on our wedding day, and some of our guests were being transported to the reception. Upon arrival of the shuttle, we were told by our guests that the staff at Kendall was waiting for them outside with umbrellas to usher them into the cocktail hour so they wouldn't get wet.
5. There is not enough I can say about Christine Duke. She took so much stress and worry off of our shoulders in the weeks leading up to the wedding. And on the day of, she was the most patient, flexible, and pleasant person with whom to interact. I was so proud to have her working on our wedding. Upon our arrival to the cocktail reception, she personally greeted us at our car and ushered us in; making sure that the servers saw and served us with food and drink. She was very attentive all evening and made the day so memorable just being there to take worry and stress away.
User5279001 · 2+ years ago
We held our wedding reception in the Skyline Room at Kendall College and we couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. We worked with Christine Duke and Kate Tidwell to plan the event, and both of them were extremely helpful and accommodating in finding the right options for us within our budget. We ended up opting for a cocktail reception with passed hors d'oeuvres and french fry stations instead of a seated dinner, and the tasting was so much fun. All the food they brought out was delicious, and we were really impressed with the student chefs and servers who prepared and served our food (both at the tasting and during the event itself). We also liked that they had unique wine options, which we received compliments on from our guests.
The Skyline Room itself has a cool downtown loft feel, and as the name suggests, it has great views of the skyline. We were given plenty of options for the room set-up and decor, and the staff at Kendall handled everything so that we didn't have to worry about anything on the day of our reception. There's even a "bridal suite" adjacent to the Skyline Room that we were able to use to get ready and store our belongings. To top it all off, they were super flexible about letting us leave our things there overnight and coming to pick them up the next day at our leisure, so we didn't have to worry about wrangling our belongings immediately after the reception.
Overall, it was a pleasant, painless experience, and truly a great value in a city where wedding costs can be astronomical. Kendall College is definitely a hidden gem and I would highly recommend it as a wedding venue.