191 Providence St 2nd Floor, Putnam, CT 06260 Map · Phone number

About Karen Leaf Photography LLC

I have been a full-time professional photographer for 12 years, with a studio conveniently located in the heart of Putnam, CT. I travel around New England, frequently finding myself on the beach on the Cape and Islands.

Trained from a very early age to search out the unusual, to explore surroundings, to question why something is, I try to find a deeper sense of your day rather than whatever happens to present itself. And that's what makes every couple and every wedding day special and a gift to embrace.

My specialty is telling vivid stories through the medium of the camera lens. From the big moments of the ceremony and first dance to the small details that truly make the day uniquely yours, I will capture images that will allow you to look back and relive every second for years to come.

On-location shoots, combined with my private studio space ensure that no matter what your vision for your wedding (or other milestone, including engagement sessions, family portraits, maternity images, or whatever moment in time needs to be captured) I will strive to bring it to life in a way that you will cherish forever.

Follow Karen Leaf Photography LLC on

ef81490cf0131220 1377629545892 018
gerow and nick
ef81490cf0131220 1377629545892 018
gerow and nick

11 Reviews for Karen Leaf Photography LLC

My husband and I hired Karen Leaf to photograph our wedding last July, and it was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Karen was a joy to work with, not only on the wedding day itself, but also in the months leading up to it. She was at once both personal and professional, and very flexible.

We were thrilled with how our photos and album came out. Our reception was in a dark barn, but she was able to work with the less-than-ideal lighting and we wound up with some terrific photos.

We highly recommend Karen Leaf for wedding photography; you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Lisa · event on 11/01/2012

I'm not sure how to put into words the appreciation and admiration I feel for Karen Leaf. She has done three different photo sessions with my grandson providing us with a very special keepsake of the first year of his life. From the moment we walked through the door, Karen made us feel welcome and valuable. She went above and beyond to accommodate our every request and even took the time to get on the floor to play with the little guy so that she could make him feel more at ease. (And might I add...she captured his heart as well as his image!) Our worries that he wasn't his usual smiling self and that the pictures would not be as good as we had hoped were quickly put to rest when we were called in to review the proofs. The photos were amazing and brought many a tear to our eyes!! She captured smiles, laughter, and sparkles in his eyes. She even made his serious moments into a jaw dropping work of art!! Karen Leaf is the real deal....the complete package that everyone is always looking for. Warm, inviting, timely and efficient, talented and accommodating are but a few words that come to mind when I think of Karen Leaf Photography. My only regret is that I didn't know this photographer when I got married. Maybe I should plan on a renewal of vows so that she can be my photographer!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Joe · Married on 09/29/2012

We had the pleasure of choosing Karen Leaf Photography to photograph our wedding last year. We found her among a vendor list for Martha's Vineyard Wedding Photographers and contacted her and several other photographers. While all the photographers had beautiful portfolios, we instantly clicked with Karen. She responded to our initial inquiry very quickly, and soon after my wife and I (fiancee at the time) had our first meeting with her (using Face Time on our computers, because we live in New York and she in Connecticut). By the end of the meeting we knew she was the one to photograph our special day.

Karen was always available to bounce ideas off of, go over schedule changes and itinerary needs, as well as give advice to a couple of first-timers here. During the wedding day Karen covered everything we wanted, from the Bride getting ready to family photos after the ceremony, and wedding party photos before the reception, Karen was professional, efficient, and personal. She helped keep the day on schedule, while not sacrificing any of the shots we wanted. She made us quite comfortable so it never felt forced, or rigid, but rather like a family friend was recording the day with us. And most importantly, we love looking at the photos from our wedding!

We would recommend Karen Leaf Photography to anyone. Her work is top quality, her manner is warm and welcoming, and her pricing and packages are competitive across the market.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Award

Karen Leaf Photography LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Thank You Cards

• Desired Weddings & Special Events
    Desired Weddings & Special Events Wedding Dresses

I am so proud to be able to endorse Karen Leaf Photography. I have seen first hand the care she has for all her brides. Her photos are amazing. Anyone lucky enough to have Karen as their photographer will find a life long relationship. She's the best!

• 191 Providence St, 2nd Floor Putnam, 06260 See on map