San Francisco, CA 94127 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Joyce Zhou Designs

Joyce Zhou Designs is a professional makeup and hair stylist based out of San Francisco, California, that provides services to weddings. Joyce has been called extremely professional, patient, and kind by her clients. She often helps brides not only look beautiful, but helps them overcome the stresses that are brought on by wedding preparation. Joyce will be a wonderful presence for your wedding event.

Joyce Zhou Designs offers professional grade packages to accommodate brides and bridal parties of different styles, tastes, and budgets. All wedding packages include an in studio trial run of makeup, makeup, and hair styling on wedding day, two different hairstyles, touch ups for the bride, and free rental of at least two hair accessories. Other services offered include:

• Updos
  • Fake lashes
  • Natural makeup
  • Wedding party makeup
  • Eye makeup
  • On-site makeup
Follow Joyce Zhou Designs on

Other couples have also viewed

• Sun Beauty Studio
  • Mari Marry Makeup artist & Hairstylist
  • Angelie Herreria
  • Hair by Izabella

8 Reviews for Joyce Zhou Designs

Chloe D. · Married on 10/03/2020

professional bridal makeup and hair artist with good taste

Joyce is a very professional bridal makeup and hair artist with good taste. She always replied to me promptly and patiently for my questions. My makeup and hairstyle on wedding day won a lot of compliments from my guests. Also, she gave me a lot of good suggestions for my wedding, which is super helpful for girls who are preparing weddings by themselves just like me. She is so nice to work with and I definitely recommend her to all.

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • F

Fiona T. · Married on 04/09/2020

A truly talented and pleasant working with makeup and hair artiest

JOYCE is incredible!! Joyce has done my makeup and hair style for my engagement photos and my wedding. From the trail, engagement photo, and the day of, Joyce took her time on putting each single false lashes to make my eyes look more beautiful but natural, even the lower false lashes! I have to say her attention to details has make her work even more stunning!

Engagement shoot: I did not book a trial with her before the engagement shooting day, but communication with her is so easy and effective since my first time reached out to her. I came to her with no idea what I want for my engagement photos shooting day. She is so patient and provide professional suggestion with my selection of dresses and the location of shooting places. I have three dresses to change during the day, and she was very thoughtful and had taken into consideration of everything including the weather, the sunshine, and limited condition that allowed us to change hair style from look to look. My makeup and hair stayed to perfection under windy weather all because her talented skill. She followed me everywhere and did touch ups whenever it was needed. Even though that is our first time to work together, she is so sweet like your old friend that can be trusted. Trust me, in a typically busy engagement shooting day, you won’t even have time to even looked at a mirror to check out your hair style and makeup, but with Joyce, you can totally relax from that stress!

On my Wedding day, Joyce and her two assistances, Annie and Pace, have done 9 ladies’ makeup and hair styles. She managed to get all of our makeup done within the planned time and everyone has impressed how their amazing work turn out!

I booked a trial with her before wedding day with my wedding gown to go through the hair styles that I want for the wedding day. I also wanted different hair styles when having the pre-ready section, ceremony, and dinner time. Joyce is truly an artist and works her magic to all the looks! On my wedding day, Joyce found out that just the natural waves of my hair after loosing from the updo (for tea ceremony) is already beautiful and no need to do extra arrangement like we planned before. She pointed it out to me and we both agreed that was exactly beautiful as it is (sometimes less is more!!) Joyce used two flower earrings as my hairpieces, which is perfect match! Thanks to Joyce’s honest, intelligent, and extremely detail oriented skills, that was my favorite look of the day! No need to said that she turned it to a chic effortless updo for my ceremony in just 15 minutes!! How amazing she is!!

If you are considering a truly talented and pleasant working with makeup and hair artiest, Joyce would definitely excel your expectation without a doubt!

Plus: Joyce's photographer skill will amazed you too!!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Rene

Yun H. · Married on 08/18/2019

Professional and experienced makeup and hair artist with a great taste

I can never say enough good words about Joyce!!! She was very experienced and professional. I knew I didn't need to worry about anything about my makeup or hair on my big day since I had her there. What's more important, I really liked the makeup and hair she did for me and my bridesmaids. We received a lot of compliments and I didn't even want to take my makeup off at the end of the day! If you'd like something that's more than your everyday makeup but still natural, something that will look gorgeous in photos but yet not too much when people see you in person, book Joyce and you will be 120% satisfied. If you'd like your big day worry-free and your makeup artist professional and not too chatty, book Joyce! In addition, I started to realize that hairstyle is actually more important than makeup, or at least to me it is, since there's a lot about hairstyle that could be messed up. Every curl matters, and Joyce did a really amazing job on hair. Plus, you will also have access to Joyce's beautiful collection of earrings, and I really appreciated the pair of pearl earrings she lend me. ;) I already decided to recommend Joyce to every bride to be around me, and I hope this review will be helpful to Yelpers.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Joyce Zhou Designs FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 250
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 90
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 90
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 250
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 90
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 300
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 120
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 90
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Hair
    Makeup
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes

1 Real Wedding

• San Francisco, CA, 94127 See on map
    Location of (Joyce Zhou Designs)